PDA

View Full Version : Ever Been a Victim of Malpractice or a Bad Doctor?

Monica
06-12-2005, 07:27 PM
I'm going to have a very minor eyelid surgery tommorrow and probably stay in the hospital overnight. Now I've had so many surgeries, and I like going in the hospital, but I have had some pretty bad experiances.

When I was born the doctor pulled me out by the head with forceups when he wasn't supposed to use them, and left me under a lamp without any eye protection (I had jaundice) and we think he could've caused brain damage that resulted in my disabilities. He's still a doctor, a family doctor, and my best friend and her family say he's mean and they hate him.

When I was 11 I had a cyst on the side of my forehead and the doctor took it out right in the office. He numbed it instead of putting me to sleep and the numbness wore off right in the middle........ Two nurses held me down as I was screaming, and he popped a blood vessel and blood slattered all over him, serves him right, lol. He died from a disease that made him go insane.

I needed botox to help my leg muscles 2 years ago and my Dr gave it to me without telling me it dries out your eyes, and I have glaucoma....big problem...

Lastly, I went to a new dentist one day and he left me in the gas for over half an hour. It made me sick for the rest of the day and I hurled in their parking lot (HA!) and on the side of the road.

What about y'all?

bigjoe
06-12-2005, 07:48 PM
Well, my mother had a brain tumor and went to have it removed. Everything went well but later she got a STAPH INFECTION in her brain. They said that the chances of living through that were very slim, but she did. If I didnt URGE the rest of my family to bring her to the hospital she would have died. They were all acting like nothing was wrong BUT I KNEW SOMETHING was wrong because my mother doesnt normally have a speech impediment. She had to go back to Shreveport to get it treated, then she was given some medicine she had to take through a tube that went directly to her heart. She eventually recovered, but I know that the whole thing wouldnt have happened if everything were properly disinfected. Shame my mom didnt file a lawsuit.

Daarkseid
06-12-2005, 08:24 PM
To my knowledge, in all my years of going to the hospital and being subjected to medical procedures, I'd have to say the doctors and hospital staff have more to fear from me than I have to fear from them. And indeed, I've alienated many nurses, a psychologist or two and a number of respiratory therapists.

On one occasion I got a nosebleed while in the presence of a respiratory therapist, but instead of soaking it up with bits of tissue, I allowed it to bleed into a small medication dosage cup. This kind of disturbed her to begin with, but then once I'd determined that the bleeding was ending, I quickly drank the contents of the cup. Not surprisingly, a psychologist was dispatched the next day to have a chat with me.

SixTen
06-12-2005, 11:16 PM
I've never had any problems with doctors. Except that whenever I have to go to the hospital, it seems to be rather busy. Lets just say waiting for three hours with a broken leg for some fuckin anestesia is not fun at all.

Steezy20
06-13-2005, 07:27 AM
None quite as impressive as Monicas, but a Doctor failed to spot a broken arm at the first sitting, just because I wasn't hopping around screaming in agony. All this is down to second rate Paki doctors in England. Is there a similar problem in America?

goKi
06-14-2005, 12:43 PM
When i first got Psoriasis (nasty skin condition) i was misdiagnosed with a far less severe condition, and given drugs that weren't going to work at all. Thus ruining my best chance at getting rid of it.

Also, when i had braces, my orthodontist moved my front teeth too far forward to correct my overbite... i couldn't close my mouth properly for a few weeks.

SixTen
06-14-2005, 03:59 PM
I've heard stories of people who needed to have a limb amputated, and due to a horrible mistake they amputated the wrong limb and had to go and take the other one off too.

Monica
06-17-2005, 05:32 PM
I had my surgery on Monday and stayed overnight in the hospital, and I'm still healing. I didn't have any mean doctors, but the nurse who took my blood for a test took five tubes...O_O It's probably cause I have B Negetive and they decided to grab it but she could have asked first and I would have said sure, lol. My best friend gives blood and the most they took from her is 3 tubes.