PDA

View Full Version : if you make good quests, come help me

looney linklord
06-11-2005, 11:14 PM
i want to make some things in my quest, like changing the darknut death knight to look like shadow link, making strings where you can press A to continue to more of the string,(does that make sense?) and can you tell me ,IN A SIMPLE WAY, how to put custom midis on my quest from when you download the midi, to putting it on my quest

in other words, im a :newbie:

Shoelace
06-12-2005, 01:17 AM
Hello looney linklord. :P

Well, let me see if I can help you here even though I am not quite sure what version of ZC you have. If you want to change the darknut death knight, into shadow link, you will have to edit those tiles. I am guessing you have the rule "New enemy tiles" checked. Anyways, go to the tile sheet and go to the darknut tiles you want to change. Look at the tiles and notice how there are certain tiles that make the darknut look like it is walking left, right, up, and down. Well edit those tiles, to make them look like shadow link.

To make a string go to the next string this is what you have to do. Make your two strings that you want. Then go back to the beginning string and on the bottom of it, it should say Next String. Click it and go to the other string you want. If you want more than two strings, just repeat the process. So how it was read the string and then go to the next one by pressing A.

To get custom midis in your quest, have the midi on your computer in a folder. And then on Zquest go to Quest -> Midi and then go to load a Midi. After you do that, you have to go to the Quest -> Dmap. Go to midi and select the midi you want.

Anyways, I have a quick suggustion to you. Don't try to do too much in the first quest. Because as you see, you are going to keep on learning things. Just don't aim so high with your game, because you are going to notice that you need pratice and soon enough you will find your way around zquest. It is just we lose a lot of zquesters in this stage because of that, but just stick with it. Be sure to read tutorials and such. Good Luck. :P

looney linklord
06-12-2005, 10:20 AM
thanks Shoelace, this really helps me, and its not that im trying to much, i just keep learning things. i asked that string question because the people cant say everything i want them to. i wanted to change the darknut 'cause shadow link "WAS" in my quest( before it got erased), and im afraid of putting midis in on my own cause someone made a majoras mask remake, which wasnt passworded in zquest, that had no music. i found out , by getting into the file of course :evil: , that they had midis loaded that werent playing.

thanks shoelace, i'll try not to overdo it
by the way im have all versions of zquest, but im working on 2.10

looney linklord
06-22-2005, 07:47 PM
uhh... i've got another question. i'm working on map 3, and when i try to use the dungeon template, some walls are missing. HOW DO I FIX THAT

Rakki
06-22-2005, 07:53 PM
You have to draw the template on screen number 84, I believe. It's either 84 or 85, I forget which cause it's been a while since I was in ZQuest last, but I'm pretty sure it's 84. You just have to draw the walls on that screen, then reapply the template to the rooms you've already tried to put it on.

Zelda_Warrior
06-22-2005, 08:07 PM
it's scr #82...

Draw a template screen unless there's oen already there, then go to the screen that you want to have the template on, then select template and bam!

looney linklord
06-23-2005, 12:41 AM
actually, with the graphics on my quest it was 83 & 84.but thanks, i had no clue what those screens were when they automaticly put them there.thanks for helping me, im sure i'l come up with more questions later :newbie:

EDIT:hey does that mean i can make the template look however i want it to.

Zelda_Warrior
06-23-2005, 12:50 AM
yes, it does.

looney linklord
06-23-2005, 02:47 PM
ive got another question :newbie: is it posible to make multiple tile warps? im trying to make a "gauntlet" style quest where you enter a portal and it brings you to a place. i could just use screen 81, but i want more than just three warps.

Yoshi348
06-23-2005, 03:13 PM
Sorry, but you can only have one tile warp per screen.

looney linklord
06-23-2005, 03:23 PM
well, mabey i'll just use screen 81. is there a way i can make a door in screen 81, thatway, say the last portal has a boss key, you can open it and go to screen 81 in another map{dmap}.

edit:could somebody post please, this is hindering my questmaking.

Zelda_Warrior
06-23-2005, 08:02 PM
Sorry, but you can only have one tile warp per screen.

Actually, yes, you can. I don't know how to, but i know one of my older quets did.

Nope, you can't have doors on scr#81-89, but you could use lockblocks and boss lockblocks instead. ;)

Rakki
06-23-2005, 09:52 PM
You could use a direct warp to warp you to the same place in a different screen, then from that screen, make the screens around it take you where you want it to, for your multiple tile warps problem.

looney linklord
06-24-2005, 12:31 PM
thank you. but now i'm going to start on my other quest(it prevents bordem if you have two) i need to get some good dungeon tips.

edit:hello... zan someone give me some dungeon tips. please post :sleep:

Revfan9
06-26-2005, 01:47 AM
I know how to use ZQ pretty well, though I've never made a complete quest.

For the dungeon length, use a total of 10 screens for level 1, 10 for 2,15 for 3, and level #*5 for the rest of the dungeons. .Take The Last Defiance for example(I know you can't play it yet without GD's permission),but besides all of the bugs because it is incomplete, the one place where the game is not awesome is the fairy temple, only 4 screens, you simply come in, grab the whistle, defeat the custom boss (which is severly bugged).

I'm not sure if you can do this in ZQ, but If you can, I have a question, how do you make custom midi's?

looney linklord
06-26-2005, 02:42 PM
I'm not sure if you can do this in ZQ, but If you can, I have a question, how do you make custom midi's?

i dont know how, but maby you can find out at pure zc
could someone be my beta tester(and tell me how i release them to my testers)