PDA

View Full Version : Removing a windows XP account and all things associated with it... help?

punkonjunk1024
06-10-2005, 09:24 PM
Basically, what it says. Is there a system option, somewhere, like a large scale add/remove progs, or do I have to do it manually?
It's not hard to just delete all my files, and remove the account, but I'd like to remove everything I installed, also.
It'd be greatly appreciated, I need this info by tuesday, which is the day I'm moving.
Oh yeah.

Sephiroth
06-10-2005, 09:48 PM
Basically, what it says. Is there a system option, somewhere, like a large scale add/remove progs, or do I have to do it manually?
It's not hard to just delete all my files, and remove the account, but I'd like to remove everything I installed, also.
It'd be greatly appreciated, I need this info by tuesday, which is the day I'm moving.
Oh yeah.
sounds like your best option (and fastest) is to reformat and reinstall the operating system. :)

Starkist
06-10-2005, 11:23 PM
May I ask why you need this done? That information may help find a more specific answer.

punkonjunk1024
06-10-2005, 11:54 PM
Well, my mother would like all of my files removed from the system. I cannot format - they value there data, and I don't have a copy of the OS either.
I just need my entire account removed, while everything else remains intact.

Starkist
06-11-2005, 01:49 AM
You'll have to do it manually, unless it would be less work to back up your mom's stuff and then reformat.