PDA

View Full Version : Your Cat Controls Your Brain

Beldaran
06-10-2005, 06:11 PM
Courtest of Fark:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,8122-826557_1,00.html

I found this to be really interesting. My best friend sleeps with his cat, and he is a total slob and always nails chicks, whilst I have not had much contact with cats and I am more clean and organized, and I don't go out and try to get laid on the weekends.

I wonder how much creedence this has.

Orion
06-10-2005, 07:37 PM
Not too much, I don't think. I have had cats all my life. I used to be real organized and never go out, but in the last few years my lifestyle has changed. I'm a bit messier and I go out nearly every weekend, and I have been with a lot of chicks up until when I got into a real serious relationship, where I have only been with her since.

Belgarath
06-10-2005, 08:23 PM
I have also lived around cats all my life. The strange thing is I *do* get laid allot if I so choose, but its hard to find girls that peak my interest becuase its usualy so easy to get laid and I would rather have a challenge. I'm still true to the relationship I'm in as well, and I don't sleep around despite what that artical says.

My having a cat does not make me a man-slut, and I personaly think some dog lovers put this out to discredit my four footed friend.

biggiy05
06-10-2005, 11:13 PM
I have also lived around cats all my life. The strange thing is I *do* get laid allot if I so choose, but its hard to find girls that peak my interest becuase its usualy so easy to get laid and I would rather have a challenge. I'm still true to the relationship I'm in as well, and I don't sleep around despite what that artical says.

My having a cat does not make me a man-slut, and I personaly think some dog lovers put this out to discredit my four footed friend.

Yeah whatever you say.

I have three cats in my house because of my mom and sister and the only thing that has changed with me recently is starting to care and more about how I look before I go out on a date or go to try and get numbers.

Archibaldo
06-10-2005, 11:18 PM
That shit is freaky. I own three cats and I still seem a litle organized, but lately I've been getting messy. Maybe this parasite is true.

Dark Knight
06-11-2005, 01:49 PM
This is a bullshit story. I've been around cats my whole life and my lifestyle/personality has not changed at all.

Steezy20
06-12-2005, 05:27 PM
Infected men, suggests one new study, tend to become more aggressive, scruffy, antisocial and are less attractive.
This describes me fantastically... I have never owned a cat! :(

Zelda_Warrior
06-14-2005, 12:36 PM
holy shit i can't believe that people believe in this. this is bullshit i have 3 cats and i am around them constantly and i seem to be fine. Im organzed, im not antisocial, etc. the scientests who thought this up should be shot.

Saffith
06-14-2005, 04:16 PM
This is a bullshit story. I've been around cats my whole life and my lifestyle/personality has not changed at all.

holy shit i can't believe that people believe in this. this is bullshit i have 3 cats and i am around them constantly and i seem to be fine. Im organzed, im not antisocial, etc. the scientests who thought this up should be shot.

I wonder if North American cats have parasites that impair people's ability to read. And also cause them to think that their own unique case is enough to disprove the results of studies done on hundreds of other people.

bigjoe
06-16-2005, 07:24 PM
Well, I have noticed trends of letting my room go longer without cleaning it since I took in a stray. Shes a cutie , though, and I aint gettign rid of her because of no stupid toxoplasma =p

Strider1982
06-17-2005, 02:24 PM
Heck, I live on my own and my cat Louie is really my only constant company. Still, I'm organized and get good grades in college. I don't think my cat is affecting my lifestyle in a negative way...