PDA

View Full Version : Zquest FAQs

idontknow
06-10-2005, 12:00 AM
1) How do i edit a tile?
Go to Quest->Graphics->Tiles. In the tile editor, you can right click tiles & then click Edit, Copy, Paste, or Delete. If you double click a tile you will simply edit it. The first tool on the left-hand side will allow you to change pixels to the selected color. The second tool will allow you to change groups of identical-colored pixels to a color and the third tool allows you to change all colors of the tile from one color to another. Click ok when you are done.

2) How do i place 'tiles' on the screen?
First of all, tiles that you place on the screen are actually called "combos" and are found on the right-hand side of the screen when you first start Zquest. Combos consists of tiles that make up the physical look and also a combo property which applies a special attribute to the game. (Left) Clicking a combo will simply select that combo. Clicking again on the main screen (playing area) will place that combo in the game.

3) How do i edit a combo?
Right click a combo to edit a combo. Here you can click the square under "tile" to change its tile. After you click that square, double-click that tile to select it. Once back in the combo editor, you can change where Link can walk on it by clicking each of the 4 corners of the first square. Grey means Link can walk on that part and red means he cannot. A combo property may also be selected for special use or otherwise you can leave the combo's property as 'none'. When done, click 'ok' or if you don't want to save changes, click 'cancel'