PDA

View Full Version : Gamer kills gamer in China over a virtual sword.

Orion
06-09-2005, 05:08 PM
http://cube.ign.com/articles/623/623614p1.html

So, the jist of it is, guy kills a guy because he sold a sword that he leant to him in some online game.

I can't even fathom how someone can justify murder, especially for something like this. What in the world causes something like this? Anyone hear anything about if the man had any developmental disorders or something? Thoughts?

Rainman
06-09-2005, 05:17 PM
It's obvious. Video games kill people.

King Link
06-09-2005, 05:22 PM
I read this last night. Such retarded-ness. I can't believe murder exists, and that people actually get so caught up in video games.

ShadowTiger
06-09-2005, 05:49 PM
... *Sigh* ... Whole new reasons to justify murder emerge seemingly every day. http://fast.filespace.org/BH4/Regretful.gif It's absurd! http://fast.filespace.org/BH4/AngeredSmily.gif

But gaming companies are making money off of them. Yes, it's sad, but this will just continue until they ban video games, and then they'll riot over how only a few people would actually do something like that, ... ... ... Nobody can predict the future, or human nature. The problem can effectively reside within only a few individuals, and nobody really knows who they are until the incident happens.

But of course.

TheNewLink
06-09-2005, 09:11 PM
Video games and D&D get bad PR because of idiots like these. I cannot imagine the amount of stupidity required to kill a person over a loan, much less a loan of a sword that's not real. It was probably a cursed thoroughly rusted -6 short sword anyway. Er, never mind...

I think we all know what's going to happen next. Some hypocritical group of TV-addicted moms is going to complain and make something happen. Then the media will swarm over it like bees, happy to see a competing form of entertainment on the way down. Meanwhile, sane gamers will sigh and continue to enjoy a form of entertainment that's no worse than TV, and comes more clearly marked with warnings about content. Pathetic.

Link 101
06-09-2005, 09:24 PM
It is incredible how people are just THAT obsessed with video games and their contents. This guy was just a sad excuse of a man who probably lived with his parents and never left the basement where his cubicle of every piece of gaming technologly resides. It was probably some awesome sword that he haxxorzed and had like 5,000 of them. SInce it was an "illegal" weapon in the game and was sold into the public, he probably pulled one of those spy movie lines. "If you tell anyone I will have to kill you..." or some crap like that.

Pathetic IS the only word that can describe this. Nothing more, nothing less. It is just bloody pathetic.

Gerudo
06-09-2005, 09:37 PM
Zhu had offered to pay Qui the money he'd earned from the sword, but Qui refused.
hell, usually this, or paying twice as much is fine. at least every game i've played...

some people... -_-;

Belgarath
06-09-2005, 09:40 PM
This is why I think going to ebay for virtual items is too cheap. Unless I can pay for my new life insurance policy or a bodyguard I really don't see the point.

Masamune
06-09-2005, 09:51 PM
Now THAT'S a true gamer. =D

Toolie
06-09-2005, 10:33 PM
That's why newbs shouldn't play on Siege Perilous without a GM healer in the group.

I wonder if the other guy leveled. :shrug: