PDA

View Full Version : Frustrating 2.10 Quest-tions

T-man
06-09-2005, 03:02 PM
Got a few problems:

I can't change the location of dungeons. I tried to make the area where the Eagle dungeon is into a screen with a shop, but everytime I go into the store, I go to the dungeon, even after adding the guy and string etc. I'm trying to move the dungeon up just one screen.

Also, I keep running into tiles that I can't draw over, just under. One is the trees by level 1, two is the path ways in level one. Even when I copy/paste, same thing.

If these are common problems I haven't learned how to fix, help. If they're rare glitches...

marioz
06-09-2005, 03:04 PM
I'm assuming you're editing the 1st quest. For the store, make sure your tile warp is set to cave/item room and screen x 80.

Yoshi348
06-09-2005, 07:22 PM
The trees you're talking about are probably on a different layer, especially if you can walk under them in the game. I don't know how to work with layers yet, but hey...

punkonjunk1024
06-09-2005, 07:52 PM
The room doesn't have to be set to 80 for a cave/item room, it goes to 80 automatically. To make it an item room, set it to cave/item room, (found under Data>>room type, or just press R on the screen you want to change) and just put the location back to 00. I'm not sure what happens with other values, but I know its not needed to change it as an item room.
Then, go to "shop type" and choose the shop type you'd like. (shop types can be altered at Quest>>misc data>>shop types)

algam86
06-09-2005, 11:31 PM
If you want to change the pathways, you have to go to Tools/Doors and change the passageways from that menu. Oh, and you can only draw over the pathway points if it's a wall, so you might have to change that, too.

Cloral
06-10-2005, 12:23 AM
To get rid of the treetops, go to the screen with them and hit pageup to change the thing at the bottom to the layer display. You'll notice a few of the layers are checked, meaning that they exist on this screen. Pick the option button above the layer with the treetops and then you can draw whatever you want on that layer. There should be a tile that is composed entirely of the transparent color, drag that over the tiles with the treetops to effectively erase them.