PDA

View Full Version : getting combo to work right

gryxzl
06-08-2005, 10:21 AM
Hi! I'm new to ZQuest, but have designed games and used editors before. My question:

I'm creating an overworld screen and need to know if it's possible to have 2 secret combos per screen. I've generated a cave (Abei gives the wooden sword) and want a secret (Dungeon level 1) to open once Link exits with the sword, but NOT if Link is swordless. I'm using zquest 1.90, the beta 192.184 and 2.10 with Win XP Pro SP2 Any help is appreciated. - gryxzl

VEL
06-08-2005, 12:35 PM
--Moved to ZC Quest Editor Help--

Sephiroth
06-08-2005, 03:19 PM
Hi! I'm new to ZQuest, but have designed games and used editors before. My question:

I'm creating an overworld screen and need to know if it's possible to have 2 secret combos per screen. I've generated a cave (Abei gives the wooden sword) and want a secret (Dungeon level 1) to open once Link exits with the sword, but NOT if Link is swordless. I'm using zquest 1.90, the beta 192.184 and 2.10 with Win XP Pro SP2 Any help is appreciated. - gryxzl
are you asking about warps? if so, No. But it is possible using pit combos and sidewarps.. don't really know how some pull that off.. o.o

Pineconn
06-08-2005, 07:11 PM
If you want the cave and dungeon entrance on the same screen, that won't work. You can make a bush, then put a #79 sword (any) flag for that bush so when you slash the sword, the bush will get cut (remember to make the secret combo as trunk or dirt). With the cut bush you can exit the screen into the screen with the dungeon entrance.

Just my suggestion. :)

gryxzl
06-08-2005, 09:35 PM
OK, will this work? - A "warp" on screen 80 that will open when Link picks up the sword, and a text mesage to indicate where Link can go? :) (I typed thay on purpose... :))

Sephiroth
06-09-2005, 09:38 AM
OK, will this work? - A "warp" on screen 80 that will open when Link picks up the sword, and a text mesage to indicate where Link can go? :) (I typed thay on purpose... :))
We don't use screen 80 that much. (for most of us place our guys and what they have to say on their own DMap to have music and such along with them.) You may need to work it to where it's on his own screen, then when you pick up the sword, you can set the sword on "pit" combos that may then warp him to where that screen needs to go.