PDA

View Full Version : I hate painting

Rainman
06-07-2005, 06:23 PM
and it hates me. I'm a reasonably good worker. If you put me to a job I will work on it relentlessly for hours. Being a perfectionist in anything I do, I will do it to the best of my ability. Painting would be my work nemesis it seems. My dad wants me to paint the foundation of the house. I've dragged my feet for days... Mind you if he had given me the jobs he normally gives which involve moving shit around the property, I would have the work down within a day of his first asking.

Painting is mind numbingly boring work. And if that wasn't enough the clean up after a day of painting involves me spraying a brush with a hose for a half hour to get the paint out. I don't think my parents fully grasp my hate of painting. I'd rather do a plethora of other chores like mowing the lawn, vacuuming, loading and unloading the dishwasher, mopping the floor, and of course my dad's favorite, moving shit around.

Anyways, that's my rant. What about you guys? What jobs do you have to do that you'd entirely rather not do?

ShadowTiger
06-07-2005, 07:29 PM
1) Well, I'd help you. =/ I mean, I have no idea where you live, and driving would be hell for me, but I would so come over there and help you. I do that all the time. I love it.

2) For a minute there, I thought you mean painting as in the art method. Scared me.

Chores I hate, ... none, really. I mean, if it involves eating a slug or something, then I obviously will simply refuse and jet, but I really don't mind doing chores. If you know a chore is meant to be beneficial to your household, then that's a much better thing to think about how strained your back is over this task, which seems to be avoidable as it stands in the current light.

*b*
06-07-2005, 08:03 PM
I painted my entire house (not by myself, but that's still a lot of painting). I even washed and primed it, too. and I hate painting as well. but the sooner you do it, the sooner it's over with, and you can go back to the grunt-work

that, or break your arm. whichever's easier

Great Warrior
06-08-2005, 07:47 AM
I'm a lazy bum. I hate lawn mowing because it's pointless and you have to do it again and again. All chores are boring and brain numbing, that is why they are called chores. Painting is not something you have to do frequently, I don't mind doing it for a change.

carrot red
06-08-2005, 11:47 AM
One word. Cooking. I'm not on speaking terms with any kitchen. The only thing I know how to make is coffee and soup-in-a-mug, not that I ever tried making anything else.

Glitch
06-08-2005, 11:51 AM
Dishes. I fucking hate doing dishes.