PDA

View Full Version : 2.10TEST help.

Reboot
06-07-2005, 12:37 PM
By which I mean, the one that comes bundled with Zelda Classic using mostly Link's Awakening sprites/designs.

Is it bugged, or is there something I have to do/find to be able to pick up bombs/use the blue candle?

SomUnknown
06-07-2005, 01:16 PM
Enter the cheat "zelda", and give yourself some bombs and magic.

Reboot
06-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Enter the cheat "zelda", and give yourself some bombs and magic.
No non-cheat way to do it? Damn.

Reboot
06-08-2005, 02:04 PM
And I can't give myself magic that way anyway, since I don't have a magic meter to refill.

ShadowTiger
06-08-2005, 02:09 PM
Well, can't you just BUY the blue candle? O_o ... bombs should be readily available by killing any of the "Blue" enemies, (I.e. ... enemies that are blue! :p ... Oh, except Darknuts and Goriyas - The RED ones give you bombs occasionally.)

Oh, and the cheat for magic (When you have the cheats on.) is / .. next to the * on the keypad.

Reboot
06-08-2005, 03:49 PM
Well, can't you just BUY the blue candle? O_o ... bombs should be readily available by killing any of the "Blue" enemies, (I.e. ... enemies that are blue! :p ... Oh, except Darknuts and Goriyas - The RED ones give you bombs occasionally.)

Oh, and the cheat for magic (When you have the cheats on.) is / .. next to the * on the keypad.
I have bought the blue candle. It doesn't work. I have killed enemies with them leaving bombs behind. When I pick them up (to the appropriate sound effect, even), my no. of bombs counter remains steadfastly at zero. And the cheat for magic doesn't work, as there is no visible counter (the corresponding Life cheat does).

I can fix the bombs problem with the cheat by increasing the max. no. of bombs from 0 to 8, but not the others.

Strider1982
06-08-2005, 04:10 PM
Well, you could tweak the 2.10test.qst by loading it into ZQuest and choosing the "Enable Magic" option under Quest Rules and determining how many Magic Containers Link starts with...

Rakki
06-11-2005, 10:45 PM
You HAVE to do what Strider said to be able to play this quest. Somehow, accidentally, Max Bombs got set to 0, and so did Max Magic. So, open 210test.qst in Zquest, go to "Quest -> Init. Data" and then on one of the tabs, under Bombs, set the Max number to 8, and on another tab, under Magic, set the Start and Max numbers to 8, then hit OK, and save the quest. Both the Candle and Bombs should work now.

Reboot
06-13-2005, 08:39 PM
So it IS bugged? Damn.

Thanks for the tip though, I'll try it.