PDA

View Full Version : Music change

Thehappy
06-06-2005, 08:31 PM
Ok, when you read my question, you are probably going to lookk like this :odd: or like this :rolleyes: Here goes:
I'm trying to make a quest where when you enter a building, the music changes from the overworld music to the music that I want in the cave. I've tried everything I can think of to change that music. I think it has something to do with dmaps. Could somebody help me? I'll make a charachter of whoever helps me in the game who, unlike almost all of the other charachters in my game, Dosent explode, fall out of a window, or have a habit of eating people.

Also:I'm having trouble making the entrance/exit to my dungeon. The dungeon is finished but when I walk down the stairs, I go to a blank, unfinished screen.

Corey103
06-06-2005, 08:50 PM
2 Question Awnsar! Just Build A New Screen Where The Blank One Is.

Thehappy
06-06-2005, 09:20 PM
Hmm...never thought of dat...Good idea! Thanks! Now, about the muzak...

Rakki
06-11-2005, 11:24 PM
Oi, both of these are solved by Dmap editing. First off, to make different music in a building, you have to use a screen other than screen 80 for the inside of the building, and also a separate Dmap for the inside of the building.

First, on a map other than 0(which should be the overworld), make the screen for the inside of the building. Go to "Data -> Side Warp" and set the warp type as "Entrance/Exit", set the Dmap number to 0(which should be the overworld Dmap), set the screen number to the number of the screen that is the outside of the house, and set the trigger to the bottom side of the screen. Now, go to "Quest -> Dmaps" and edit a Dmap number other than 0, which you'll use for the inside of the building. Choose the Dmap type to be "Cave", set the Map number to be the number that the screen with the inside of the building is on, and then set the Music to be the music you want to play inside the building, then hit OK. Go to the screen with the outside of the building, and go to "Data -> Tile Warp" then set the warp type to "Entrance/Exit", set the Dmap number to be the number of the Dmap you edited before, then set the screen number to be the number of the screen with the inside of the building. Finally, press Page Down until the box at the bottom of the screen shows 5 boxes in it, one with a rupee, one with a staircase, a blue warp, a green warp, and a flag, and then click the blue warp and put it in front of the entrance of the building, then inside the building, put the green warp in the doorway against the very bottom edge of the screen. This should work to take you in/out of the building, and change the music for both screens. If you don't understand what I mean by all this, then I hope someone else will come along that can better answer this question, since Dmaps are hard to explain how to work with.

Thehappy
06-14-2005, 12:40 AM
Thank you a lot. I've had trouble making dmaps do stuff untill now. I thought you had to do all this crazy nonsense stuff to change the music.
By the way, the only person who wouldn't understand your walkthrough on changing music is someone who JUST started editing. I think your walkthrough was great