PDA

View Full Version : The arena

Ganondork
06-06-2005, 07:17 PM
There is an entire forum on this on another board (nintendo.com) but since they way the rules work there, I decided it would be better to bring it here.

For those who arnt familiar with the Ninty arena, you can brag about videogame accomplishments here, or rub it in someone elses face that you did better in the same game.

My best gaming accomplishment:

Beat event match 27 (or was it 28?) Cold Armor in under 30 seconds.

Beldaran
06-07-2005, 12:37 AM
I beat it in 17 seconds, with one hand.

Uh oh, I just demonstrated the problem with unverifiable record keeping: unmitigated bullshit responses. ;)

Dechipher
06-07-2005, 12:58 AM
I beat my meat in 2 minutes, with one hand.

Other than that, I don't really have any accomplishments. I'm a pretty mediocre gamer. I'm happy to beat games, and elated to find half the secret stuff.

vegeta1215
06-07-2005, 01:08 AM
I've gotten to the end of both the first and second quest in the original Zelda without a sword. I've also beaten the first quest with only the wooden sword and no ring.

I've beaten Ocarina of Time with only three hearts.

Carcer
06-07-2005, 01:15 PM
Uh oh, I just demonstrated the problem with unverifiable record keeping: unmitigated bullshit responses. ;)
Surely then to get this thread going properly, making it at least a little more verifiable, we could demand proof - in a photograph taken of the screen with the results in question.
Now, I know that this wouldn't work in some cases, such as Vegeta's, who might not have that three heart save left, but I suppose in time someone could set challenges for people to enter. In this way it would have to be donw after the post was set.
Of course, I have no idea how you'd takle people using cheats - in many cases the time/score would be impossible without them, but in others you'd just have to use intuition, or just trust that people's photos are of the game they did themselves.
It's just an idea. I like the sound of an arena.

Rainman
06-07-2005, 01:26 PM
I've beaten Ocarina of Time with only three hearts.

Three hearts, no dying? I think my brother did it. Don't quote me on that though.

vegeta1215
06-07-2005, 02:23 PM
Surely then to get this thread going properly, making it at least a little more verifiable, we could demand proof - in a photograph taken of the screen with the results in question.

Now, I know that this wouldn't work in some cases, such as Vegeta's, who might not have that three heart save left, but I suppose in time someone could set challenges for people to enter.

I have the save left for OoT, but it is on my N64 OoT cart. All I have here at my summer place is the OoT/MQ bonus disc and the Collector's Disc for GCN - but I didn't try any challenges on those. I'd like to try the 3 day challenge with Majora's Mask, but I'm not up to it yet.

I do have a picture from when I beat the original Zelda with only the wooden sword and no ring though: http://www.geocities.com/vegeta121s/zeldaChallenge.jpg

Beldaran
06-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Vegeta, I'm afraid I have to begin worshipping you as the god of zelda. God damn, that's impressive. I'm sweating like a little bitch just to beat the 2nd Quest. I suck.:(

Archibaldo
06-07-2005, 04:59 PM
I managed to get Mew in Pokemon Blue with out a game shark. That's about it.

vegeta1215
06-08-2005, 01:55 AM
Vegeta, I'm afraid I have to begin worshipping you as the god of zelda. God damn, that's impressive. I'm sweating like a little bitch just to beat the 2nd Quest. I suck.:(

For that challenge I actually played through and got to Ganon with only 8 hearts. I couldn't beat him with only 8 hearts though cause it takes 16 stabs to turn him red with the wooden sword - I would up going back to get the other hearts in order to beat him.

2nd quest trouble huh? Believe it or not, it is actually easier to play through the 2nd without a sword than it is to play through the 1st quest without a sword.

And how pray tell did you do that?

Masamune
06-08-2005, 06:10 AM
Yes archi... How teh hell did you manage that? =o

Great Warrior
06-08-2005, 08:28 AM
"I beat it in 17 seconds, with one hand."
I did it with mind control.

"I beat my meat in 2 minutes, with one hand."
I beat it with someone else's hand.

"Vegeta, I'm afraid I have to begin worshipping you as the god of zelda. God damn, that's impressive. I'm sweating like a little bitch just to beat the 2nd Quest. I suck."
I could say the same about me and the 1st Quest.

Vagla
06-08-2005, 11:31 AM
That's an achievement? I assume all you did was take advantage of THE luckiest glitch I've ever heard of in any game, which is hardly an achievement. You simply have to follow a list of instructions.

I had a score of around 87,000,000 in Beetle Mania in SMRPG way back when, but had to give up because my siblings wanted the TV. What a waste of a few hours, heh.

I got all the gold cards in Bomberman 64 (all 120), which is quite an achievement.

I also got a fair amount of the platinums in Blast Corps. I maintain that it's virtually impossible to get all of them, though; so few people have done it that there really should be a cash price awarded for it. Toughest challenge ever. ;)

Darth Marsden
06-08-2005, 11:34 AM
As soon as I can summon up the willpower, I'm going to do the 3-heart challenge on Zelda : Wind Waker. I'll try to take pictures to prove it.

Vagla
06-08-2005, 11:58 AM
Whoops, forgot about my most recent achievement. I hold the highest high score I know of / can find reference to online for Water World for Virtual Boy. My score is 197,500, and I lasted until round 15. I really need a digital camera and some webspace so I can actually take pictures of these things and host them somewhere... -_-

Ganondork
06-08-2005, 03:48 PM
I once beat armageddon quest without dying...

ShadowTiger
06-08-2005, 04:22 PM
It's not much of a record, but I'm STILL undefeated in SSBM, 1-1 match. (Free-for-all 4 player mode though, I usually fall third.) I Love playing as Link. He just ... flows with you.

Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night. I Just Love How This Worked Out. I started a luck mode game, (X-X!V''Q) so your luck is 99, but your other stats are VERY low, (DANGEROUSLY low.) and worked my way up to getting Two Rings Of Varda and two Crissaegrim, (Equipped all four.) And basically, all the minor bosses (And major enemies) of the game died (literally) INSTANTLY after such a barrage of both Crissaegrim, and Golgomoth succumbed to such an assault within about 7 seconds, and Dracs fell after about two to three. The rest was childsplay. ... ... Just to see if I could do it. ^_^;; Kinda fun.

Kudos to you all on such marvelous achievements. :)

Brasel
06-08-2005, 04:32 PM
I can beat Super Mario Brothers in 10 minutes...but I don't think thats really that impressive.

KingArthur
06-08-2005, 04:54 PM
Heh.. i can do it in about 6, i think the record is 5 something..

Starkist
06-08-2005, 04:58 PM
At my gaming prime I could beat Super Mario Brothers in 7 minutes. I could do it in 20 minutes without warping.

Brasel
06-08-2005, 04:59 PM
Well, I can still school Mega Man X without dying once...but thats probably not that impressive either. :)