PDA

View Full Version : Games to play over LAN?!?

Steezy20
06-06-2005, 07:56 AM
I know this is a popular question, but I can't find a similar thread around, so...

Me and my mates often hold LAN parties; but what to play?
Based on us having average PCs (lowest around 1.5gb w:/ 128mb graphics, 256mb ram).
What is the best shooter?
Counterstrike, Joint Ops, Battlefields, Unreal Tournament, Quake?

What about any other genres? Any decent LAN games there? eg Racers, Sports etc.
What would you recommend?

Dechipher
06-06-2005, 12:01 PM
I'd say CounterStrike. It's a blast and not very big.

SomUnknown
06-06-2005, 05:03 PM
I'm big on the RTS' I like Warcraft, Age of Empires and the likes.

punkonjunk1024
06-06-2005, 05:21 PM
Worms 2. Worms world party.
AoE.
Diablo 1. (I know you can modem connect... so why not lan? Haven't tried, but it should work?)

Masamune
06-06-2005, 05:25 PM
Unreal Tournament > all. Or tron. Tron can be fun for a bit.

deathbyhokie
06-06-2005, 05:27 PM
AoE.

I second. AoE is always a favortie amongst my friends. plus, it's cheap now, and you can get the expansion with it.

Ganondork
06-06-2005, 09:27 PM
For a shooter, Quake.

Even though it's for te N64, A decint racer would be California speed. They made the tornaments way too hard, but the moment of greatness is in the multiplayer. I like to suprise my opponents by uing short cuts that always make them so mad they want to break the controller. (I never liked the controller)

DarkDragoonX
06-06-2005, 11:24 PM
The Unreal Tournament series is the greatest LAN game in the world, without a doubt. NOthing beats using the shield gun or impact hammer to beat some poor bastard down, then listening to his real-life persona curse ten feet away from you. Ahh, the fun! And Unreal Tournament has a crapload of mods for it, so the game will really never get old (I HIGHLY reccomend Unreal 4 Ever (for the original UT, as well as the new versions... but the original UT4E is the best).