PDA

View Full Version : EA buy out Ubisoft?

Darth Marsden
06-05-2005, 11:11 AM
http://cube.ign.com/articles/620/620628p1.html

If things keep going the way they are, there'll be no independants left! EA are sucking up everything in their wake, and it's about time someone said 'No'. All hail to Ubisoft. Go support them - buy the new Prince of Persia when it comes out.

vegeta1215
06-05-2005, 11:21 AM
There were rumors of this way back in December when EA purchased 20% of Ubisoft's stock. Like the article said, Ubisoft wants to remain independent, and I hope they do: if EA bought Ubisoft, the only way we'd see a Beyond Good and Evil sequel was is they slapped a pair of DD breasts on Jade.

Carcer
06-05-2005, 12:02 PM
... And Rayman would start talking in English.We can't have that. They'd probably give him arms as well.
UbiSoft isn't my favourite company, I think it balances right on the edge of bad gaming, but its recent attempts have been quite good; Beyond Good and Evil, Price of Persia.
If EA buy out UbiSoft, then it will bring about the end of innovation, when EA starts buying out everyone. Either, there'll be endless Rayman racing games, or perhaps one day, they might make a console. Heaven forbid.

TheNewLink
06-09-2005, 04:55 PM
UbiSoft isn't my favourite company, I think it balances right on the edge of bad gaming
In that case, Crave is firmly in the realm of "must die". Of course, it's not as much of a megaconglomerate threat as EA.

or perhaps one day, they might make a console. Heaven forbid.
Knowing them, it'd be an Atari Jaguar with Atari 5200 controllers and Neo Geo pricing. I'd like to see that just for an excuse to laugh my pants off at them and the poor kids who bought it.