View Full Version : Duhr...

bigjoe
06-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Is everyone alive, here? Haven't seen much action lately.

PrinceMSC
06-04-2005, 10:33 PM
Yeah, you can say that again. I'm still waiting for at least something. :shrug:

:king: PrinceMSC :king:

Dart Zaidyer
06-04-2005, 11:06 PM
The recent 10-year-old-n00b storm has forced a few of us either into answering their onslaught of already-addressed questions, or into hiding. I think it was the fourth time I had to explain what a zip is and why you can't Open a quest that did it for me.
What we *really* should be doing is figuring out ways to take care of these sorts of things so they're easier to understand, then we won't be getting these kinds of questions.

*b*
06-05-2005, 02:57 AM
I rarely come to AGN anymore, let alone check the beta forum. probably my subconcious making me go into hiding, like Zaidyer said. that, or the lact of activity/interesting topics as of late

...regardless, I'm still here. from time to time...

ShadowTiger
06-05-2005, 10:24 AM
Hell, I'm still here every day! Nearly without exception! (Yes, ZC is my life. :shakeno: ) I'm just waiting for the next release that I can test. A bit of an update would be nice, even if it contains only a small amount of update. Even if you only have a single update, or note to post, something is FAR better than nothing. In ANY form. Gives people something to talk about, if not do.

The recent 10-year-old-n00b storm has forced a few of us either into answering their onslaught of already-addressed questions, or into hiding. I think it was the fourth time I had to explain what a zip is and why you can't Open a quest that did it for me.
What we *really* should be doing is figuring out ways to take care of these sorts of things so they're easier to understand, then we won't be getting these kinds of questions.(*Sigh* ... All vB's technology and I still find myself copying and pasting text to quote it. XD ) ... The problem here relies on the sheer n00biness of the n00bs, not how we lay it out. We can post all the "READ FIRST" signs that we want, pinned at the top, pointing spears at them and such, ... but someone will still post one of those "how do u put picter in!!!1!!11" topic.

If you really, really want, we could make "copy & paste" replies, where we just input all the information in a
form, (To preserve the BB Tags.) and just copy and paste that into all the n00b threads. It'd make everyone's lives a LOT easier. This, of course, includes the ""How do I play custom quests" question.

Nick
06-05-2005, 01:23 PM
I'm still here. It's just that I've not really been active outside of the ZC forums.

Then again... I've not been very active at all (though I visit daily), waiting for the next beta or some more news from it. :shrug:

I got a dual boot between Windows XP and Kubuntu Linux going about a month or two ago, so I've been fairly interested in trying the next Linux version sometime... if I could get it working. I dunno if I'm capable of doing that... since I'm just at a low intermediate understanding of the workings of Linux (I know my way around in it, but I still have a lot to learn).

Well... enough of my rambling. I'm here. :blah:

Sephiroth
06-05-2005, 01:41 PM
I haven't been around either.. It's probably all those darn n00bs that scared me off. o_o and what else? it seems like the n00bs are not even wanred for double posting. o.o I got warned when I first came here, but I've noticed a ton of posts in the zc forums that were double posts. o.o

bigjoe
06-05-2005, 02:28 PM
That question was partly toward the developers , too. There hasnt been any beta news for about 2 months.

JayeM
06-05-2005, 04:08 PM
Yeah, I'd like to hear something too. But since I'm the one who started the last "what the hell's going on" thread, I wanted someone else to speak up. Maybe DN's on vacation?

As for the alarming influx of n00bies, it happens every summer. It'll slack off when school starts up again.

Sephiroth
06-05-2005, 05:30 PM
Yeah, I'd like to hear something too. But since I'm the one who started the last "what the hell's going on" thread, I wanted someone else to speak up. Maybe DN's on vacation?

As for the alarming influx of n00bies, it happens every summer. It'll slack off when school starts up again.
The thing is.. some of these n00bies go unwarned when they double post. >_>

ShadowTiger
06-05-2005, 05:39 PM
True, but it's in the nature of these n00bs to double post. Some of them post quite intelligently, but simply don't know that it's AGN's custom not to double post, as perhaps on previous forums they had posted on they were allowed to double post. :shrug:

I still like my idea of copy & paste messages though. ... ... Sheesh, where are all the ZC Mods? O_o Seems like VEL is the only one actually finding these that can do something about them! DFW!

Sephiroth
06-05-2005, 05:43 PM
True, but it's in the nature of these n00bs to double post. Some of them post quite intelligently, but simply don't know that it's AGN's custom not to double post, as perhaps on previous forums they had posted on they were allowed to double post. :shrug:

I still like my idea of copy & paste messages though. ... ... Sheesh, where are all the ZC Mods? O_o Seems like VEL is the only one actually finding these that can do something about them! DFW!
I probably would make a good mod, but then again.. I'm just stating something. -_-

But yea.. I don't see many people warning these n00bs. :P

VEL
06-05-2005, 05:45 PM
The thing is.. some of these n00bies go unwarned when they double post. >_>
The double posting rule isn't as strict as it used to be.
Here is a public topic that talked about it some more.
http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=83360

Sheesh, where are all the ZC Mods? O_o Seems like VEL is the only one actually finding these that can do something about them! DFW!

DFW is still around, I've seen her close and move some topics within the last month. I just did a little searching and found at least 4 mod things she did within the last month.

ShadowTiger
06-05-2005, 05:55 PM
... Oh thank god. Thank you VEL, that's a huge load off my mind. :) (Obviously, if you don't SEE or DETECT something, you won't know that it happens. O_o ) I just don't see her post anymore.

Deviance
06-05-2005, 08:53 PM
Some of these noobs do need common sense. They are idiotic enough to post something I have stated in my faqs. Anyhow hopefully sooner or later a new beta gets released.