PDA

View Full Version : Predictions on future mario games...

idontknow
06-04-2005, 05:17 PM
What are your predictions on the following mario games in the future:
1) Mario Party 7
2) Mario Baseball
3) Super Mario Strikers
4) Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix

How well do you think these games will do? Do you think they'll be cool or pretty stupid?

I have a feeling that DDR:MM will be kinda stupid, MP7 may just be redundant but not sure (especially since it allows for 8 characters/people playing at once!) Mario Baseball, i'm totally unsure of and SMS i'm actually anxious to hear more about as that looks like it'll be the most fun!

Your thoughts?

Steezy20
06-04-2005, 05:58 PM
There will probably be a game based on another character, like Toad or the Princess. Hope they do a decent one for the PC.

Cloral
06-04-2005, 06:10 PM
SMS is a lot of fun, so hopefully it will do well.
Mario Baseball is better than I thought it would be, but not as good as SMS. But since baseball is more popular here than soccer, it could do well.
Mario Party 7 could do OK, since that type of game appeals to a fair number of people who don't play too many games.
The DDR game is stupid, I just hope it fails.

Dechipher
06-04-2005, 06:15 PM
Honestly, I'd rather a Mario DDR game succeed that just a regular DDR Game. Mario might possibly have better music....

also, Mario Party 1 = good idea.

Everything else =bad.
I mean, maybe if they had MP1 on the 64, and MP 2 on the GCN, with everything the MP2-7 have, then it would be wicked.

But it's turning into a sports game type thing. As soon as a new one's out, the old ones are obsolete.

Which does NOT indicate a good franchise.

I think it'd be good to predict what games mario will star in in the future.

bigjoe
06-04-2005, 10:49 PM
They should make a Mario/GTA crossover called "The Streets of Mushroom Kingdom".

Just use your imagination to think of what it would be about.

Dart Zaidyer
06-04-2005, 11:13 PM
I'm just a little disappointed that Mario Kart hasn't gotten very many sequels. Didn't it kick off the whole "Mario sports" category in the first place?

Mario Party 7=redundant.
DDR Mario Mix sounds like a game of that type I could actually get into, as long as they have a decent selection of songs. Come on people, Do the Mario!

Cloral
06-05-2005, 12:12 AM
What do you mean? Mario Kart's gotten plenty of sequels:

Mario Kart
Mario Kart 64
Mario Kart Super Circuit
Mario Kart Double Dash!!
and the new Mario Kart coming for the DS.

5 titles in the series seems like a lot to me. Although yeah, it is a fun series that could always use another couple titles.

Brasel
06-05-2005, 01:16 AM
I always thought that Mario should get another adventure title, but make it 2-4 players and include Luigi, Peach, and Toad. The other titles I probably won't be even thinking about purchasing. So I could care less.

Orion
06-05-2005, 01:29 AM
Come on people, Do the Mario!

They best have that song in the game! Bring back dancing Mario in the flood pants!

Carcer
06-05-2005, 08:26 AM
They best have that song in the game! Bring back dancing Mario in the flood pants!
Oh, please, no! Spare me!
As for the Mario Games Suggested:
1) Mario Party 7 - What's the point? Unless they invent a real-life board for it, or something to that effect, I can hardly see what the point in getting it will be. Perhaps they sould change the whole meaning of "Party", and instead have Mario in Ibiza, raving the night away...

2) Mario Baseball - Oh, please. Baseball? How much play will you get out of that? Other than Mario players, I can hardly see what will set it out from other baseball games.
3) Super Mario Strikers - Just generally stupid. I think that the Mario franchise should stop extending to far off things and keep to its strengths. Sure, a few sports titles are good, but I think that, even then, as proved in Mario Power Tennis, things can get out of hand. With all the super-unavoidable-unhittable- shots that broke up the game play, the game was ruined. I'm just gald that you could turn it off.
4) Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix - And how will this be different? It'll just be another dancing game, only with lots of stars and mushrooms, and Mario Tunes. But who wants only Mario and Nintendo tunes? Donkey Konga had other songs as well, and I think that without it, the game would have been boring. DDR: Mario Mix would surely only have Mario tunes to make it "original", and that would be it. I suppose, knowing Nintendo, they'd put in a few platform mini games, being controlled with the dance mat or something.

I just want Mario 128. Is that too much to ask?

Darth Marsden
06-05-2005, 11:07 AM
1) Mario Party 7 - It's just getting old now. Stop it.
2) Mario Baseball - Looks fun. I'm sure it'll do well, there aren't that many 'kiddy' baseball games.
3) Super Mario Strikers - This will rule. You can just imagine Waluigi as a striker, can't you?
4) Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix - As long as they get the songs right, this could be rediculously good fun, and go some way to helping me get in shape, so it's definately a good thing.

Also, what do you people think of the following on the DS:

5) New Super Mario Bros.
6) Mario & Luigi 2
7) Mario Kart DS

I think they're all going to rock, especially Mario Kart.

vegeta1215
06-05-2005, 11:27 AM
Me, I don't like traditional sports games. I like arcade-like sports games with weird powerups, so the Mario Baseball and Mario Soccer are welcome additions for me.

I never got into the Mario Party series, but if they keep selling, I'm sure Nintendo will continue to make them. Mario Party is a game that is simple to play, and something the whole family could get in on easily. More simple games is something Nintendo has been really pushing lately, and while I do enjoy more in depth games, I also enjoy quick fixes - the game and watch gallery series for instance is one of my favorites.

DDR Mario Remix: what can I say? There has never been a DDR game on a Nintendo console. It is a welcome addition and I'm sure players of all ages will hop on the band wagon and check it out.

My real question is, what are they going to do with Mario 128 or whatever it's going to be called? I thought FLUDD was a nice addition to Mario Sunshine, and it changed the gameplay a good bit compared to Mario 64. But what is Mario 128 going to bring to the table? Will be see more star/shine collecting? That's what I'm more curious about than these already announced Mario games.

Ganondork
06-05-2005, 08:06 PM
Mario party 7 I usualy support everything ninty does, but come on! Either they need to make it "revolutionary" or just let it die! But, if they released it for the rev, then it would be interesting what minigames they come up with that would use (all of this is my speculation) a deeply integrated mic., pressure sensers, gyroscopes, and hopefully, a touch pad (or 2!). And if they did, I would like to see the revival of old minigames but spice-um up with the rev controller. Like that minigame from MP6 with the 2 shells and the people in the crate, that would be awesome with the gyro.

The other mario sports games are ok (exept for mario kart, but is gokart racing a sport?) I got no opinion on these two (but it'll sell great in Britan!)

Another thing I disagree with. If this is like other DDR games, screw them!

Not to think too far ahead here, but i'm pretty sure that Super Mario 1024 is going to be AWESOME!

Dechipher
06-06-2005, 03:49 AM
Super Mario 3> Super Mario 64>Super Mario Sunshine

I dont' see how 1024 is going to be awesome.

Just because systems can do more doesn't mean the developers can. Or will, for that matter.
I would rather see, on the revolution, a Zelda game that plays like LTTP, with an ever expanding overworld, and lots of dungeons, more storyline, and more items, for download.

THAT would be good. Quick downloads. Great gameplay. Extreme Replayability.