PDA

View Full Version : New Quest in alpha stage.

IsotopeLabs
06-03-2005, 12:28 AM
I am 3/4 done with my first quest ever. I would welcome any feedback or suggestions, especially in the area of difficulty (too easy/hard).

Title: Power Quest (may change)

Completion: 75%

Concept: 9 dungeons neatly compacted into 4, plus an intense gauntlet (basically another dungeon). Nearly every item is featured in this quest, except for magic. This includes: gold ring, master sword, fire boomerang, hammer, and most of the items from LOZ. Also nearly every enemy is in this game. Basically there are minimal adventure/puzzle aspects to the quest, and nothing too obscure (i.e. whistle to make the doors open). A guarunteed 1 secret, store, dungeon, or other room per screen on the overworld adds to the simplicity. In the dungeons, what you see is what you get, when looking at the map... no hidden rooms, etc. Two triforce pieces are in each dungeon, so basically two quests per dungeon (except for the gauntlet).

Difficulty: Moderately difficult. For those who have completed the second quest. Items to make the game easier are sold at a high price. Difficult enemies make attempting dungeons early a tricky prospect. Even though the hammer, gold ring, master sword (and 24 heartparts), are implemented, this game will not be easy, and by the gauntlet, a full square map dungeon filled with things that hurt, (warped to from level 4) it will be pretty intense, although not insurmountable for the persistant player.

Graphics: Basic LOZ tileset.

Current problems:
1337-5p34|<1ng wooden sword guy needs to go.
Other text issues.
Block pushes in dungeon 3 don't work right: Red Candle, Raft. Use cheats.
1 Heart has not been placed correctly in dungeon 3. (Manhandala 2) Use cheats.
Graphics are pretty boring right now until I figure out how CSets work. It's all in that blue/gray color.
Triforce doesn't work right, you can't get to the gauntlet. (Thats ok, there's nothing there yet anyhow). If you want to see how it works, use the cheats (I highly recommend it).
Dungeon 4 is barely started.

Cheats:
my
dog
has
fleas

download here:
Power Quest (http://filter.eu.org/~mridlen/zelda/)

I will upload to the database when a final version is released.

Rakki
06-03-2005, 12:53 AM
Do you have each Triforce piece on a separate dmap, with level numbers 1-8? That could be the problem with that. I'm going to try this quest, so I'll tell you what I think after I play it.

IsotopeLabs
06-06-2005, 01:41 PM
Ok, so I need to set up 8 dmaps with the same dungeon selected, and then side warp into the triforce rooms so that it switches to the respective dmap? I'm really new to this program, so I'm trying to learn about it as much as I can. Also any tips on getting the CSets to work would be helpful... I have a general idea... you get Csets 2-4 (what does 0 do?) to work with, and you select your cset from the pallettes in the dmap properties, then you switch to your CSet and do a cset fix to fill the screen with that color? Man that is confusing. Anyhow, thanks for the tips in the triforce.

Rakki
06-11-2005, 10:34 PM
Actually, you'll have to do the Dmap switch a screen before the Triforce piece, because when you pick up a Triforce piece, it uses a side warp to warp you out of the dungeon(or wherever you want it to). So, two screens before the Triforce room, you have to have a side warp to the room before the Triforce room, and switch Dmaps there, and then have a side warp in the room before the Triforce room to take you back to the other Dmap. Then you have to have a third side warp in the Triforce room to take you out of the dungeon. You get what I mean?

Also, you seem to have the Cset thing down, although you don't HAVE to do the Cset fix to make the screen look right in Zquest, it just helps make it easier to edit, for you.