PDA

View Full Version : Here's a little idea...

Anthus
06-02-2005, 08:38 PM
This concerns ZC's main menu... No mater what you use, the hearts are always there... Perhaps you could make it so that the heartscan be changed to smoething nice like your character...

Here is a list of some ideas I have... I wish I new some form of programming language... Then, -maybe- I could help you guys out...
1)Roc's feather*
2)Arrow Counter*
3)Enemiy Editor
4) NPC's
5) Totaly customizable subscreens.
6) Ditch the "NES-ish" Pallete and tile pixel limets

(*) = I know that they are working on them.

Thats all of now...

ZeldaLord
06-02-2005, 08:47 PM
3 and 4 have been suggested a lot (and I mean a LOT), and 4 is already possible anyway with clever use of tilewarps and maps.
There's already a thread on subscreens in suggestions.
6 has been suggested before (by me, among others) and would raise major compatability issues, not to mention requiring a rewrite of the whole palette and tile system, so it ain't happening, sorry. :( Beside, we already have SNES level graphics, and I don't think anyone's actually pushed them to the limit yet.

Changing the menu is a good idea, though, especially since the whole menu tends to glitch when loading certain quests. Maybe a menu that's independent of quest graphics would be good.

SomUnknown
06-02-2005, 09:35 PM
I wish we had SNES graphics (http://www.nintendoland.com/home2.htm?snes/tech.htm).

Rakki
06-02-2005, 11:12 PM
Beside, we already have SNES level graphics, and I don't think anyone's actually pushed them to the limit yet.
That's probably true, though as far as GBA goes, we need new limits. There's a Minish Cap tileset at PureZC that's unfinished because the palette of MC is just too great for ZC. I guess it uses 24 colors instead of 16.

Orion
06-02-2005, 11:41 PM
"I want I want I want Me Me Me Me Mine Mine Mine Mine Now Now Now!" -Hook

Just be pleased with what we have, an amazingly effective little editor to one of our favorite games. What we have, if used in new and innovative ways, can replicate just about anything you can think of.

Rakki
06-02-2005, 11:52 PM
I didn't say I needed a bigger palette, I was saying some GBA games graphics aren't useable in ZC because of the palette limitation. I'm working with the current palette limit just fine. =P

Spudnickator
06-04-2005, 05:08 AM
About changing the shape of your hearts on the screen at the top (if thats what you mean)
My hearts are 3d looking squares! It is possible. If you need to know how, ask.

Rakki
06-05-2005, 08:21 PM
We're not talking about that, we're talking about on the file select screen. There is no way to change it there.

ZeldaLord
06-05-2005, 08:58 PM
As for the palette thing, apparently the private betas now support 256 colors.
I'm guessing that means per tile, so that should sort out cset issues. :)

Shoelace
06-07-2005, 04:44 AM
(Quote) As for the palette thing, apparently the private betas now support 256 colors.
I'm guessing that means per tile, so that should sort out cset issues.(/Quote)

Really!! That is awesome. I think a lot of the good things and a lot of limitations will be solved by that. That is great.

Anyways, Roc's Feather and Arrow Counter are the two things that I most want. I have so many puzzles I could use with Roc's Feather. :P

Also, the subscreen is a great idea. I am trying to make my subscreens on my game have a different look, but that would be cool if we can actually customize it.

Spudnickator
06-07-2005, 11:17 AM
We're not talking about that, we're talking about on the file select screen. There is no way to change it there.

Ive played a quest where it has changed. Dont know how though.

Dark Nation
06-08-2005, 07:38 AM
ZC has always used 256 colors. If you mean per tile, then you are mistaken. It's a feature that's slowly being worked towards, but it is nowhere near completion.