PDA

View Full Version : I didn't know that!

The_Seventh_Sag
06-02-2005, 07:20 PM
I didn't know that 5 games came with the download of Zelda Classic. That's realy cool! Now, I can play the original Zelda on my computer! And it's so much bigger and close. I don't know if it will be easier to beat, but I could try. And what's the third file on the first page? Beta? Or just another quest? This is so cool :D !

Rakki
06-02-2005, 07:35 PM
The quests that come with ZC are, the original first quest, the original second quest, ZC's official third quest(Enter your name as Alpha to play it), the test quest for that version(I.E., 210test.qst), the BS first quest and example first, example second and example BS first quests.

ZeldaLord
06-02-2005, 07:38 PM
Third file?
Do you mean 3rd.qst? That's an unofficial third quest made by Alphadawg a few years back.
To unlock it, you can either beat 1st and 2nd.qst, or enter your name as "ALPHA".

The_Seventh_Sag
06-02-2005, 07:41 PM
Thanks guys, that's so cool!

ZeldaLord
06-02-2005, 07:45 PM
It is pretty hard, though, so if you're not sure about beating 1st.qst, practice a bit more, and beat that (and maybe 2nd) before trying it.

Rakki
06-02-2005, 09:11 PM
Third file?
Do you mean 3rd.qst? That's an unofficial third quest made by Alphadawg a few years back.
To unlock it, you can either beat 1st and 2nd.qst, or enter your name as "ALPHA".
No, that's not Alphadawg's unofficial third quest, that's the official Zelda Classic third quest, which IS by alphadawg, but it uses the same overworld as the original two quests. Alphadawg's unofficial third quest uses his own overworld. And also, in version 2.10, you CAN'T continue a quest after beating it to play the next one. I.E., if you beat the first quest and then start it again, you'll be playing the second quest, but it starts you in the very top-left corner of the top left screen in the overworld, so you can't actually play it. You HAVE to enter your name as Zelda or Alpha to play the second and third quests, for now.

ZeldaLord
06-03-2005, 03:53 AM
Sorry about that, it is the official one. It is a bit confusing, though, having two "3rd quests" by one person. :)

Rakki
06-03-2005, 05:12 AM
Oi, I know. Couldn't he have named his unofficial third quest something else? Like "Not the official ZC third quest!" Lol.

Spudnickator
06-03-2005, 09:25 AM
That would of made things easier lol.

The_Seventh_Sag
06-03-2005, 11:18 PM
Thanks guys. So, the third quest is... the second quest? Um... yea. Thanks alot, can't WAIT to get started.

Yoshi348
06-04-2005, 04:40 PM
Oi, I know. Couldn't he have named his unofficial third quest something else? Like "Not the official ZC third quest!" Lol.

Heh... I remember being around back in the day, and IIRC, he made the offical one after his unoffical one. I remember it was a contest for everyone to make a third quest for ZC and apparently Alphadawg won, confusing the literature for all eternity. ^_^

The_Seventh_Sag
06-04-2005, 07:44 PM
Just because there are 2 caves already made, does that mean I can't have more caves? If not, how do I make more?

Zelda_Warrior
06-05-2005, 12:07 AM
wtf do u mean?

The_Seventh_Sag
06-06-2005, 10:27 PM
Never mind, I got it :).