PDA

View Full Version : DOY revised: bug in dream village?

Pages : [1] 2

bmowrey
06-01-2005, 12:00 PM
Edit: bug fixed.

Hello,

I've been playing jman's revised version of Dreams of Yesterday in 183; I was able to get the black belt (Thanks jman for fixing the super bomb problem). However, I can't proceed to marathon because of a dmap issue in the dream Kokiri Village, where you can't walk to the right.

This problem is right after you get the two medallions for beating vines and mirror, and you go to the altar. It transports you to the dream village, but then you can't get to Marathon. Does anyone have any ideas for workarounds? Has anyone gotten past this point in the revised version?

Thanks!

Reference: jman's revised DOY:
http://www.cgi101.com/~jman2050/DOY-Revised.zip

jman also posted v152, but I can't use it -- for some reason, I've never gotten any of the Windows versions to work on my computer, so I have to use the DOS version, which jman didn't include:
http://www.cgi101.com/~jman2050/zcb152.exe

Also, if you are going to say 'use mottzilla's program', that program also seems to be incompatible with the dos version (if I'm wrong, let me know! I'd gladly use it to get past this broken point).

Nameless
06-02-2005, 02:21 AM
My freind Giko Cat already reported it.I supposed jman has a lot of warks, so he can't fix it.

I surely beat DoY(original) with 152. But 183's save data isn't compatible with 152' save data.

bmowrey
06-13-2005, 11:26 AM
FYI, Jman fixed the dream village bug; I can now get to Marathon. The new version is available at jman's site:

jman2050
06-13-2005, 12:18 PM
I implore everyone who finds a bug (ANY bug, game-killing or not) while playing in beta 183 to report it here so I can fix it. I'm busy, so actually testing the quest to find the bugs is a chore in itself. Fixing them is easy. Finding the bugs is not.

bigboylink
06-13-2005, 07:20 PM
I can think of two off of the top of my head. The first is the cave is on the way to the Storm Tower in Blester. For every screen that you proceed left, you cannot go back to the right. I know this pops up in a few other caves like an early one in Kokiri Village with moving traps, and also one on the way to the dam...so I'm sure at least this type of problem has been addressed before, but I don't know if a solution to this has been presented.

A second possible bug in the Dreameaters Village: In a cave somewhere in the Squirrel's nightmare, a character tells of a "Nightmare buster" in the Dreameaters Village that requires the super bomb. Okay, on the screen to the left of where you acquire the flute, there are two rocks that can be moved with the Level 2 glove. Going south along this path reveals a mine tile from the desert in Link to the Past. When superbombing this tile, a weird cloudlike tile appears that I can swim in (but nothing is found when diving). I'm not sure if there is supposed to be anything there, hence my labeling this as a possible bug. Just figured I'd throw these out. I have yet to beat this quest, but I play it every so often when I need a good Zelda fix. Very, very, impressive quest.

bmowrey
06-14-2005, 09:17 AM
And perhaps you already know about these, but isn't there a location in the goron city that you can bomb (superbomb?) that ends up a bad tile? Also, there's the location in Mudora Muck to get to Subrosia that you can't enter after bombing.

Edit: Also, in mirrors, if you go into the basement you can't return to the surface (maps letting you walk to the left, but not right). Continue does the trick nicely, but annoying.

Also, at the final Ganon, how do you get past the stage where he's showing the triforce and using winds of time? You get swept back to a previous stage, but I can't figure out how to trigger the next part. To the best of my knowledge, this hasn't been asked in any previous post.

jman2050
06-14-2005, 07:52 PM
I can think of two off of the top of my head. The first is the cave is on the way to the Storm Tower in Blester. For every screen that you proceed left, you cannot go back to the right. I know this pops up in a few other caves like an early one in Kokiri Village with moving traps, and also one on the way to the dam...so I'm sure at least this type of problem has been addressed before, but I don't know if a solution to this has been presented.

A second possible bug in the Dreameaters Village: In a cave somewhere in the Squirrel's nightmare, a character tells of a "Nightmare buster" in the Dreameaters Village that requires the super bomb. Okay, on the screen to the left of where you acquire the flute, there are two rocks that can be moved with the Level 2 glove. Going south along this path reveals a mine tile from the desert in Link to the Past. When superbombing this tile, a weird cloudlike tile appears that I can swim in (but nothing is found when diving). I'm not sure if there is supposed to be anything there, hence my labeling this as a possible bug. Just figured I'd throw these out. I have yet to beat this quest, but I play it every so often when I need a good Zelda fix. Very, very, impressive quest.

Yeah, those caves are annoying, and plentiful. DO me a favor, for every cave that this bug occurs on, please make a screenshot (press F12) of the entrance, then upload it to a web space and show it here. Failing that, just describe the area of the entrance as best I can, as well as the content of the cave if neccesary.

As for the Dreameater's Village, I do believe that bug is fixed already, at least that's what I noticed when I looked in ZQ. Also, this quest isn't mine, I'm just fixing it :)

And perhaps you already know about these, but isn't there a location in the goron city that you can bomb (superbomb?) that ends up a bad tile? Also, there's the location in Mudora Muck to get to Subrosia that you can't enter after bombing.

Edit: Also, in mirrors, if you go into the basement you can't return to the surface (maps letting you walk to the left, but not right). Continue does the trick nicely, but annoying.

Also, at the final Ganon, how do you get past the stage where he's showing the triforce and using winds of time? You get swept back to a previous stage, but I can't figure out how to trigger the next part. To the best of my knowledge, this hasn't been asked in any previous post.

There's no bomb tile in goron city I'm aware of, and the bomb tile in the subrosian cave was also fixed. I also fixed the bug in mirrors. Annoying buggers these caves are -_-

Finally, I fixed the Ganon fight, whilst having no idea while the enemies->secret flag wasn't checked. It should work now. And while I'm at it, I will announce that after much filandering, I FINALLY found and fixed the bug that caused both fights with the Diviner Golem to go haywire. Go me ^_^

The file is updated. Redownload to see the changes.

fajz
06-15-2005, 01:25 PM
I'm just starting this quest and have the glove, B&A and the flippers. I need help in finding the Relic Stones. I've been everywhere in Excavating level and can't find the second stone. And how many stones are there?

Thanks fajz

C-Dawg
06-15-2005, 04:45 PM
First off, I take my hat off to Jman for continuing to slog through the bug-ridden mess that is post-163 Dreams of Yesterday. I commend you, sir.

In answer to the last question: there is a relic stone in every nightmare dungeon. You come back to the excavation to find more goodies after you find each stone. The first is there mostly as an example.

-C

fajz
06-15-2005, 05:43 PM
Ok now that I know about the relic stones, and I thank you, I have another question. IN the endless dessert after you go thru the town and leave too the west and you keep going west until you get to a maze....what way do you go to get thru this maze? I have every combination possible writen down and went thru every one of them and never left the screen. there are 81 possible combinations using 3 map directions (North, South, East, West). Thanks again for the help.

jman2050
06-15-2005, 06:06 PM
Heh, I guess C was smart about tha particular part ;)

You'll find out later on what to do there, if you explore enough that is.

Aori Radidjiu
06-15-2005, 07:28 PM
I can't find out were I am supposed to go. I beat the first dungeon (the Deku Tree), the owl told me to go to the Dreameaters but I can't find them. I'm getting tired of aimlessly searching Overland Hyrule. I AM going to the west, just to let you know. I just can't find out were to get the glove or whatever I need.

bigboylink
06-15-2005, 08:44 PM
The message to go to the Dreameater's Village isn't meant to be an indication of the exact next task to do; rather, the owl is trying to set the stage for the story. To answer your question, there's a greedy "Pay me and I'll talk" guy in the village who will tell you where you need to go next. You'll have to go after the glove first.

fajz
06-16-2005, 08:31 AM
After defeating Toad's Nightmare and getting the Relic Stone I went back to excavating. After going 6 screens north and going "down stairs" and using the relic stone and heading north 1 room and west 3 rooms you come too a room that your blocked from going anywhere and it has a fat statue throwing fireballs. My question is .... How do you get pasted this area? there is a room to the south but until I get by all the blocks I'm stuck.

C-Dawg
06-16-2005, 12:18 PM
Fajz, I don't remember how you get "pasted" that area. It's been awhile. I can tell you that the Excavation contains a lot of secret push blocks and walls, and different parts of the Excavation require different items (such as Level 2 Glove) to get through. Jman might be able to tell you better what to do.

I do remember that there are around 4 or 5 floors to the Excavation, and as you go deeper and deeper you get close to uncovering the secret behind those ruins and the quest in general.

-C

fajz
06-16-2005, 12:26 PM
Thanks C-Dawg. I'll keep exploring, wait and hope to hear from JMan.

jman2050
06-16-2005, 05:53 PM
well, I'm not one for completely spoiling the game, just know that there are a lot of dead ends and secret passages present in Excavation, so explore carefully, and remember that you will need items from later dungeons to even have a chance.

Speaking of which, there's a bug that allows you to get a certain powerful item in there before you're supposed to. I should fix that >_>

C-Dawg
06-16-2005, 06:58 PM
If you mean how you can reach the end of the Excavation with only four (correctly placed) Relic Stones, that's not a bug...

jman2050
06-16-2005, 09:33 PM
no, no, not that. I knew about that (and actually planned to do that in my current playthrough ^_^). I'm actually talking about a certain room that, because of an oversight in the order of enemies in the enemy list, allowed you to defeat all the enemies in the room without an item that was neccesary for the defeat of said enemies, leading to a particularly strong weapon that ended up saving my butt in Twilight Gardens and the dungeons within >_>;

bigboylink
06-16-2005, 11:29 PM
I haven't been to the Twilight Gardens yet, but am I right to assume that the weapon you're referring to will also allow you to make the Predator dungeon much easier to traverse, because you can pass through the first room north of the entrance unscathed? I was surprised to be able to kill those enemies in the excavation so conveniently...

In the spirit of your original request to make note of any errors with the intention of making this quest a lot better, I have some more bugs to report. There are a few places where, if one falls down a pit or dives into certain deep waters, you end up in a glitchy type of room with 4 keese. While on the screen with 4 keese, moving left or right repeats the screen, going north is impossible (I think) and going south brings you back to the original screen with pits and/or water. There is a spot on the Storm Tower's 5th floor central room, with red helmasaurs(darknuts) and red wizzrobes, where you can fall in the pit and experience this. You can also experience this if you press escape, then continue, while in Lake Hylia. Sometimes moving north on the glitchy keese screen from Lake Hylia puts you on the Introduction screen ("Lights please") and then back in the rainy Kokiri village (where you can snag a previously unavailable heart piece) I'll post more locations of this scenario as I come across them.

Another cave bug where you can't move east is the entire underground Goron City! Furthermore, a more glaring bug occurs when you escape and continue while in Goron City, you are brought to a new area, whose name is present in all Zelda games, that I'm pretty sure you shouldn't have access to yet. (I wouldn't know when this area should be accessed; I'm currently exploring the Hotel in the next nightmare and trying to find the Predator dungeon boss key)

Oh, to save me the trouble of looking, could someone please tell me if the Pedator dungeon boss key is underwater? I did manage to find the one regular key that was underwater, but I refuse to go searching through that messy bottom floor for the possibility of finding the boss key. Thanks to whomever can point me in the right direction.

fajz
06-17-2005, 01:33 PM
Can someone help me with the location of the Blue Ring? This game is a pain in the @$$ when your green.

C-Dawg
06-17-2005, 01:34 PM
The Blue Armor is in Pulchera village. You need to play Santa Claus to get it, though.

Oh, to save me the trouble of looking, could someone please tell me if the Pedator dungeon boss key is underwater? I did manage to find the one regular key that was underwater, but I refuse to go searching through that messy bottom floor for the possibility of finding the boss key. Thanks to whomever can point me in the right direction.

The boss isn't underwater. In fact, the boss isn't even in the dungeon. ;)

jman2050
06-17-2005, 02:16 PM
IMPORTANT: REDOWNLOAD THE FILE NOW!!!

I did something stupid... what it is I won't say, just redownload it. Anyway, there are a few more changes here, though I can't remember them all. Just know that it is less bug-ridden.

As for the dreaded continue bugs, circumventing them would be a LOT easier if I could understand exactly what circumstances cause the behavior of the bug to change and even occur at all. Or, I could port this to 2.10, but I want to avoid that for the time being... I fixed Goron City and Lake Hylia though, so you can be happy about that... actually, not in this update, but the next one for sure. ^_^

fajz
06-17-2005, 02:49 PM
Ok I know where Pulchera city is and I can get on the roof but can't play Santa. Can you give me a hint as too how I get down the .......? Also I have used 3 Relics stones already and haven't gotten a damn thing. Have I screwed up? Where do I go to redownload this revised file

Heres a bug I haven't read about yet. In the train station, 2 rooms north of the starting room I can't open the doors and the bombable rock in the South East corner has nothing under it.

In the "dungeon by the statue" in crystalian city (or whatever it's called) if you get killed you continue in some other area of the quest. By the way what is in this area besides a heart container?

bigboylink
06-17-2005, 05:38 PM
In the hotel, two rooms to the left of the woman who talks to you, there is a small patch of water in the north part of the room. Upon diving into the water, I get the glitchy screen with 4 keese. I think I remember reading in another thread that the mermaid's nightmare has a LOT of bugs to overcome, could one of you guys fill me in on how to get around these?

The boss isn't underwater. In fact, the boss isn't even in the dungeon. ;)

I kinda figured the squirrel's boss would be special, given that the boss' locked door leads to a place off the map.

But could you give an indication as to where I might find the boss KEY? Thanks.

jman2050
06-17-2005, 06:03 PM
Crap, I completely forgot about the hotel... I should work on that right this moment.

EDIT - Oh yeah, and as for the Predator boss key, look at the top-right corner of his Body. There's a diving warp there that I'm 100% sure you missed. A hint: there was something else important there as well ;)

Yoshi348
06-19-2005, 05:03 PM
Right of the bat, when you wake up and can first really explore Kokiri Village, just outside of the lower right screen of the village where you can find a staircase under a bush, you get to a little cave with three bouncing spikes in the way and an exit to the right... but you're put on the right edge of a DMap and can't go right at all.

bigboylink
06-19-2005, 10:04 PM
hey, Jman, I really appreciate the response on that boss key warp (I wouldve NEVER checked that room again, since I had already found a regular key there). As for fixing the hotel, please don't feel that you should fix it "right this moment" because I happen to be stuck there...however you decide to go about fixing the quest, I'm sure you've got a list of priorities, so I just wanted to say thanks for the work you're doing.

fajz
06-20-2005, 01:21 PM
Can no one help me with my last post, Post #24. I can't seem to find anything to help me do anything and I'm really getting bored. I have found several dungeons but in all of them I need something to help me along and as I said I can't find anything. Even the Cross would be helpful though the Hook or L2 Bracelet would be of more help. I've used 3 relic stones in excavation and haven't found one single thing. The Gallery is confusing and the crypt is full of invisible enemy's. This quest has such potential I hate to stop now.

jman2050
06-20-2005, 04:43 PM
Fajz: in level 2, that bug with the bombable area shouldn't be there. Are you absolutely sure you're using my revised file, and not the originally released file?

Furthermore, the gallery is where you get the cross, and to get there you have to get past some illusions. I think I may know where you could get stuck, so all I'll say is that you should be pushing every block you come across :)

fajz
06-20-2005, 05:14 PM
JMan I downloaded this revised quest for the 3rd post of this string. However in your post #23 you said to redownload because of a screw up you made. I need too know where I can redownload this quest so I can have the latest and greatest version. Also how will I know its the latest version?

jman2050
06-20-2005, 06:33 PM
I will update it. All the new stuff will be in the exact same file as in the first post, no exceptions.

fajz
06-21-2005, 01:23 PM
Ok so I got thru the Gallery and have the Cross. Now I'm in the crypt and I'm having difficulty finding Keys. I'm figuring some have to be hidden in the water with all of these traps. My question is...Is there a lens in this quest and if so where can it be found? It would truly help to have it.

jman2050
06-21-2005, 04:02 PM
The Lens can be acquired in Excavation, though I do believe you need quite a few relic stones to even have the chance, provided you even use them correctly.

If you don't get them there, you're pretty much forced to buy them shortly before level 8 (Marathon)

fajz
06-21-2005, 05:23 PM
I am at my wits end in the Crypt. I have now chased Giest off of the 1st floor, and the 1st basement. I can't figure out how to get to the last rooms on the 2nd basement. Do I need the Ladder? One more thing do I need to beat the Train Station BEFORE the Crypt? So far I have the bow and arrow, glove, white sword, flippers, and have beaten the Gallery, and Toads Mirage (in the dessert). Its confusing as to what order these dungeons should be played. Thanks for all the help. FZ

bigboylink
06-21-2005, 08:48 PM
I completed the crypt before the train station, but I'm pretty confident that the order doesn't matter. You get the hookshot in the train station and the hammer in the crypt...you don't need the hammer to complete the train station, nor the hookshot to complete the crypt. I do believe there are some chests in the crypt for which you can hookshot across spike floors to access, but they contain money and heart pieces, stuff which isn't necessary to complete the dungeon. However, because of such scenarios in addition to stronger enemies, I would recommend completing the crypt after the train station.

Love For Fire
06-21-2005, 11:14 PM
I am kind of stuck in the Water Level where the flippers are supposed to be. Should I be here at this point? I have the Glove, Bow and Arrow and 4 Hearts. I can't find the first key to the 2nd floor.

bigboylink
06-21-2005, 11:51 PM
Search for a key in a room adjacent to the room containing the first floor's map

C-Dawg
06-22-2005, 01:09 AM
Love For Fire: Don't forget to bomb the north wall on the second floor, in a room with a chest surrounded by pits. Everyone misses that one.

-C

fajz
06-22-2005, 08:21 AM
I can't seem to get pasted the 2nd rooms north of the start in the train station.

Love For Fire
06-22-2005, 10:36 AM
Turns out I missed the staircase one room south of the gray rupee. The room you described C-Dawg was where the lock is. Now I need another key for the 3rd floor after you hit the water switch. I will try bigboylink's advice unless there is a different key I was supposed to find. thanks a lot

fajz
06-22-2005, 11:48 AM
There is a bug in the crypt. On the 1st floor right in the middle room where the relic stone is after you defeat the blue knights a warp appears. When you go thru this warp you end up in a checkerboard type room. IS this bug gonna prevent me from getting somewhere important Or should I forget about it and play on? Also in the graveyard there is entrance that it seem too me you need the ladder to get to from the south. It's the entrance that is accessable by walking on the "catwalk". Do I need the ladder or is there another way to this entrance? Does the Hammer destroy tombstones?

C-Dawg
06-22-2005, 03:21 PM
The Were-Axe (hammer) does indeed break them.

fajz
06-22-2005, 03:30 PM
C-Dawg, how about the rest of my post. I'm getting bored to death because I can't find any
weapons that might help me or defeat anything too keep my attention. I have over 8 hours of playing time without finding or defeating a DAMN thing.

fajz
06-23-2005, 03:18 PM
OK, buy going back over a year in this forum I have found a post on DOY and found where the "Hammer" is. However once I get to the room in Basement 2 the door won't open.
When you enter the room brfore the "Hammer" room there is a spritz of light in the upper left hand corner like there should be an enemy in this room. You can't see any enemy or reach that corner with any weapons. There isn't any visible enemy in the room. Is there suppose to be? Is this a bug.
I hope you will take the time to fix it for me if it is, JMan. I'm dying to continue this quest.

Also while I have your attention...How do I open the doors in the Train Station 2 rooms north of the start?

jman2050
06-23-2005, 04:37 PM
Also while I have your attention...How do I open the doors in the Train Station 2 rooms north of the start?

I'm in a rush, so I can onyl answer this. Bomb the cracked block, then push the block above it down. It should work. I know FOR A FACT that I fixed this bug.

fajz
06-23-2005, 04:58 PM
Thanks Jman for the quick answer, however after bombing the cracked stone it changes but still blocks the path so I can't push the block down.

jman2050
07-01-2005, 08:35 AM
A new versions was posted up, that fixes the apparantly unfixed bug in the Train Station *grumble grumble*

It also makes the Hotel required for completion (I hope, I haven't had time to test it, and I released this mostly because of the train station bug). That also means that the Hotel should be fixed as well, though I admonish you all to take special consideration of that to make sure everything works properly.

Oh, and as an experimental change, I reintroduced the winged boots path between Devouring Forest and Enigma Castle. Don't know if it'll work, btu I decided to put it in there anyway. I working directly with developing ZC now, so I have a bit less time to bug fix the quest, but on the bright side, if I can help release a bug fixed ZC, then the continue bug can be squashed once and for all ;)

bmowrey
07-01-2005, 12:15 PM
How'd you make the hotel required for completion, just curious? Boss flag that won't open the portal to the black belt until you hear the hint?

jman2050
07-01-2005, 12:21 PM
pretty much bm :P Also use of tiered flags. However, because of the nature of secrets (which effectively means that even if you open the portal, it won't STAY open), the requirement was changed from a super bomb to a bomb, just cause I'm nice >_>

corona
07-01-2005, 05:08 PM
Train Station bug is all set, works perfectly even in 2.10. Thanks Jman.

corona
07-03-2005, 10:18 AM
I now have beaten the crypt, got the hookshot and armor. I cannot however find the relics in either the crypt or the station, I also cannot find the boss key in the station.... any tips could help... but until then I'll keep looking.

athanato
07-03-2005, 09:42 PM
There is a nasty save bug in the beginning of the game.
Star a new game, get the boomerange and press F6 to save.
Restart the game and you have lost 2 of the 3 harts you have.

ZC 2.10 with DOY dated 30/06/2005

TheManTreyMan
07-04-2005, 07:10 PM
I am lost. I am in the Kanavas desert town. I'm not sure where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated.

corona
07-04-2005, 07:52 PM
One sceen left of the Kanavas town is a pink worm, kill it and follow it to findanother, then another, follow them to the first nightmare dungeon.

bigboylink
07-04-2005, 09:22 PM
Corona: finding the train station's relic stone requires you to walk through a wall. I can't remember for the life of me where the crypt's relic stone is; perhaps someone else could give a not-to-revealing hint on that one.

I spent a lot of time looking for the train station's boss key, and it was because I overlooked taking a path that should have been obvious. You'll want to fall down a pit somewhere on the starting floor in order to get on the right path. Look at the first two floors' maps...which room's haven't you been to? How do you think you could access those rooms from the rooms you have already visited?

bmowrey
07-05-2005, 12:56 PM
athanato, hopefully you've figured out that DOY doesn't give you full life when you continue (or save and continue) -- so you have to collect hearts by klling enemies, slashing bushes, etc. You still have the three heart potential. After finishing some areas you will get more hearts, but always start off with slightly less than half if you continue.

fajz
07-05-2005, 01:08 PM
Can someone help me with the hint in the train station that talks about an invisible door in the basement? In basement 1 there is a room on the "bottom" 8 rooms that has pit and is just below the blank no rooms area (3 rooms) when I jump into the pit I go to an area that is a checkerboard type floor. Is this a killer bug or can I just forget about this pit and go on?

jman2050
07-05-2005, 02:00 PM
An updated version was released. Head to the other thread for more details.

fajz
07-05-2005, 04:46 PM
I have defeated the Train station althought I can't find the relic stone. But in the Crypt I still can't get to the Hammer. To get to it, do you enter the hammer room in the 2nd basement from the West or is there another way to get to it? If you enter from the west that room has (what I feel is) a major bug. If there is something in this room that needs to be killed to open the door, it's stuck in the NW corner and can't be reached by any weapon.

athanato
07-05-2005, 07:54 PM
How do you flip the switches in the dam lvl?

also in the lvl with the bow (i forget the name) i'm at the upper section of the map and a key is on the other side of a barrier, how do I get to it?

corona
07-05-2005, 09:04 PM
To give a nice hint to everyone playing, an all-too-often overlooked thing when you start at your house in the forest you can go in, and go to your bed to fill your life up, I discovered this very late in the game (hours-wise)...
ABOUT THE CRYPT: Were-axe is only available after you beat Geist like I think 3 times, you know how doors open after he is beaten? Well that should give you a hint.

TheManTreyMan
07-05-2005, 09:08 PM
you flip the switches in the dam by shooting it with an arrow.

Also, this might be a stupid question, but what or how do you use those brown tiles with the wings symbol on them?

athanato
07-06-2005, 12:42 AM
you flip the switches in the dam by shooting it with an arrow.

Also, this might be a stupid question, but what or how do you use those brown tiles with the wings symbol on them?

I would assume winged boots ? :)

TheManTreyMan
07-06-2005, 12:52 AM
I'm such an idiot *shakes head in shame*

fajz
07-07-2005, 08:35 AM
Can someone tell me where this underwater Smitty that the carp made near the waterfall is? I've checked everywhere NEAR the waterfall and can't find it anywhere.

Edit: Also since I have your attention. North of Pulchera Vilage and up the 1st ladder there is a cave. Inside the cave and 1 screen west and 1 screen south there is an area that looks like you should be able to Hookshot over. My Hookshot won't pass the rocks so I can't Hook over. Is this a killer bug or can I just forget about it? I am using v. 1.92 build 183 is this the reason I'm having so much trouble with this quest?

athanato
07-07-2005, 09:08 PM
In the dam lvl I beat the boss and warpped through the teleporter, now there is a locked door left on f-3 (the room just above the boss which has three green boomerang goblins) but I can't find a key anywhere, any clues? Alsi I do not have the map for F-3, I'm assuming it is past that door

TheManTreyMan
07-07-2005, 11:23 PM
I really hate to come on here and ask for help, but I cannot get through the Portrait Gallery. When I go a few rooms into the dungeon I die, but when I continue, there is a glitch where I'm stuck in a wall and cant move anyware (bug?), so I have to start over and go all the way back to the gallery. If anyone could help me get through the gallery, I would appreciate it so much. Thanks.

C-Dawg
07-08-2005, 12:55 AM
Fajz: The shop is just north-west of the fella who fell alseep planting a mushroom to replace his wife.

Athanato: What? If you beat the boss (it's not Aquamentos, that's just a sub-boss) then you've finished the dam.

TheManTreyMan: Jman's a better person to ask about bugs than I.

-C

athanato
07-08-2005, 02:24 AM
Fajz: The shop is just north-west of the fella who fell alseep planting a mushroom to replace his wife.

Athanato: What? If you beat the boss (it's not Aquamentos, that's just a sub-boss) then you've finished the dam.

TheManTreyMan: Jman's a better person to ask about bugs than I.

-C

k, that makes sense, but where did I miss a key?
I'm thinking I need to get rid of the water so I can fall down a hole somewere. What about the narrow room by the sub-boss that has blocks arranged like letters (but not real letters), it has a hole filled with water, do I need to fall through it? if so where is the water draining switch?

fajz
07-08-2005, 08:40 AM
C-Dawg is this the UNDERWATER Smithy that is talked about? I've already been here and gotten the White Sword and also bought a couple Shields here also. I was hoping there was another Smithy with a more powerful sword for sale.

C-Dawg
07-08-2005, 03:25 PM
Fajz: No, you found it. Don't be impatient; you'll get the more powerful sword eventually....

fajz
07-11-2005, 01:11 PM
OK C-Dawg though patience isn't one of my virtues I guess I have no choice. How about this question. How many entrances are there for the Crypt? I have found 7. The reason I ask is I have found my way to the 3rd basement but there are 2 doors that need keys and I have none. I know there is one somewhere in the water on the 1st floor that I can't find so there must be another somewhere. the only rooms I haven't been in on F-1, B-1 and B-2 is the western part of the 2nd Basement and the very center room on the 1st Basement. That's why I'm womdering if there is another entrance or did I miss a warp somewhere that will send me to these areas. Also where is the key in the pool on floor 1?

Praethus
07-11-2005, 02:49 PM
It is a square pool in the middle of a room. It's full of Gibdos and Ghinis. I think it has two rows of blocks one on the left and one on the right. The key is in the middle of the pool.

fajz
07-11-2005, 04:53 PM
I still can't find that key? Is there a shop that sells keys? I'm sick to death of looking for them in the crypt.

Edit: Someone pleeeeeeeeease tell me the Storm Tower doesn't have multiple entrances

Chosen One
07-15-2005, 06:19 PM
i Don't want to do this but... where do I find the dreameaters

Edit:do I go to Errors house?

kopitiambread
07-17-2005, 11:48 AM
FYI, Jman fixed the dream village bug; I can now get to Marathon. The new version is available at jman's site:

Does this link contain the most recently updated version of DOY? I intend to play it after I finish off with another quest :)

Praethus
07-17-2005, 05:39 PM
Yes, kopitiambread. It will always contain the most up to date version.

Chosen One: To get to the Dream Eaters you will need the glove, bow, and flippers. There is a guy in Pulcheria village that tells you where to find each. When you have them all go to Mudora Muck and the Dream Eaters are north from there. Also, a scholar in a tent in Mudora Muck will tell you how to find them.

Chosen One
07-18-2005, 10:19 AM
Yes, kopitiambread. It will always contain the most up to date version.

Chosen One: To get to the Dream Eaters you will need the glove, bow, and flippers. There is a guy in Pulcheria village that tells you where to find each. When you have them all go to Mudora Muck and the Dream Eaters are north from there. Also, a scholar in a tent in Mudora Muck will tell you how to find them.

Is there a way to get armor early? I hate being green. Oh yeah thanks to DoY revised i can get a potion bottle and that comes to my other question. Is the 200 rupee potion a ripoff?

kopitiambread
07-18-2005, 12:02 PM
Got it! Thanks Praethus :)

fajz
07-18-2005, 04:54 PM
Is there a map for the Predator's Arterys? I seem to be missing a key in the Predators. I got the two that are in the bottom most rooms of the body one in the east part and one in the west part. Can someone help me with the 3rd key? I have the Ladder and need a key too get too the southwest room of the head. I assume that will lead me to the two north head rooms. Ccan someone help me out?

Thanks in advance

FAJZ

fajz
07-19-2005, 08:00 PM
Sorry for the double post, but this post is just to get this post back to the top. Please see the post above this one.

Thanks

FAJZ

kopitiambread
07-22-2005, 02:19 PM
I've been playing DOY after completing MMDWR DC. Going well so far :) Got the basic items (bow, lvl 1 glove, bottle, lvl 2 shield and sword, flippers) I've just completed the first nightmare scenario and I was wondering if someone could help me out as I have a few questions :)

1) I found a bell like thing in the Toad's dungeon. Is that a bait of sorts?

2) Are there more than 3 HC pieces in the dungeon? Explored the dungeons several times through but could only find 3. 2 on the first level and 1 at B-2.

bigboylink
07-22-2005, 10:05 PM
Fajz: As far as I know, there are no keys to be found in the arteries. Did you get the key in the body's top-right corner? There is a lot of water in a room with Vires (sp?) and you have to dive for the key. If you read the rest of this thread, I'm sure you'll figure out that there is something else of significance in that area ;)

Kopitiambread: I'm sure the bell-like "bait" you are referring to is a relic stone. There is one in each nightmare dungeon, and they are to be used in the Mudora Muck Excavation where you can get a crapload of awesome items. Progressing far in the excavation will additionally give you better insight into the story of DOY. Regarding level 1's HC pieces, Idon't think there is a pattern to the number of HC pieces in each dungeon. For instance, there's none in the Predator dungeon, but a lot in the Crypt. So I'm not sure if 3 is the max to be found in Mirage.

kopitiambread
07-23-2005, 01:00 PM
Thanks bigboylink! Hmm... What is the max no of HC pieces a player can find? Seems to be like there's a lot of them around :) I'm kinda stuck in the Crystal Candy Mines... Can't find the second key to the first floor.... Found on in B1 in the room full of water... Do you know where I can find the other one?

InnerChaos
07-23-2005, 01:21 PM
Hey,
I've only recently started playing this quest (my first attempt at a custom one, I've only completed the 1st quest so far) and I'm stuck at the near beginning. I've wandered around trying to find the gloves, bow and flippers using the hints given by the guy in the first town ourside the starting one but I just cant seem to find anything! I've wandered around so much that I collected enough cash for the blue boomerang. Can someone steer me in the right direction?

Many Thanks,
IC

kopitiambread
07-23-2005, 01:41 PM
In the Village where you get your blue bommerang, there's a house with a book and a pen above the entrance. Inside there is a guy who'll tell you where to get your stuff.

The first place you should (and I think can only) is the Mushrooms's Cave in the Lost Woods next to where you start off from the game. Another thing to note as I play the game is to always check your map for rooms that you have no visited because most likely you'll need to bomb them. Hope this helps :)

Chosen One
07-23-2005, 04:49 PM
Yes, but Inner Chaos you could of a ctually found the blue boomerang in a chest in a cave. Once you get the power braclet ypou should move those three blocks in upper Pulcheria village and go find Lon Lon heights and locate Error's house. That is all the info I will give you. Also I have a bug to report. It isn't a big one but in a cave right of Kokiri village with the three spike areas, Once you see the mushroom and go back you enter a strange area that is all blue

bigboylink
07-23-2005, 04:51 PM
I recall there being four locked doors on the first floor in the mines. You can get the fourth key after unlocking the first 3 doors, so you still need 2 more keys. Within this dungeon, there are two of those greedy looking men from LttP who give you hints. I don't want to spoil exactly what it is you have to do, but I can tell you that solving each of their riddles will lead you to your keys.

InnerChaos
07-23-2005, 05:52 PM
I must be missing something completely because I cannot find the mushroom cave. I've been all over the Lost Woods and all I found was a cave with 3 really fast spike things moving up & down. I finally got past them and couldn't do anything more...... Is there anything else you can give me to help me out? (I know the hinnts that are given from the guy in the first town)

Thanks again,
IC

InnerChaos
07-24-2005, 09:32 AM
Yeah, I found the place. Turns out I was on the wrong side of the woods. I Just cleared out the shrooms so now its onto new places :)

corona
07-24-2005, 01:26 PM
1. Is the Blester Tower Boss Key inside or outside the tower?
2. In Predator, How do you get to the room with the relic in it, do you have to swim down some invisible hole? where?
3. Where is the Enigma Relic?

Thanks to anyone who can answer any of these, and there might just be candy in it for you....

kopitiambread
07-25-2005, 08:22 AM
I recall there being four locked doors on the first floor in the mines. You can get the fourth key after unlocking the first 3 doors, so you still need 2 more keys. Within this dungeon, there are two of those greedy looking men from LttP who give you hints. I don't want to spoil exactly what it is you have to do, but I can tell you that solving each of their riddles will lead you to your keys.

I've found the remaining 2 keys to open the way up to the boss room but I need help to find the boss key, the special item I'm supposed to find and the relic for the dungeon. I've tried normal and super bombing almost all the big huge crystal blocks I can find in the dungeon.

C-Dawg
07-25-2005, 01:30 PM
Actually, since the Crystal Candy Mines is just a pre-level to the Haunted Train Station, there is no special item. The Train Station is the Nightmare Dungeon.

-C

kopitiambread
07-25-2005, 10:09 PM
I see... :) So that hole in the room 1-up and 1-right requires the hookshot to cross? Could someone give me some hint as to how I can find the boss key for the mines, which large crystal block to bomb (going back to buy bombs and superbombs is really getting me down) and how do I access the treasure chest that is blocked off by a large crystal block in one room and by small crystal blocks in another...

bmowrey
07-26-2005, 11:13 AM
Corona,

The blester key is outside the tower; look under all the bushes, etc, outside. The predator relic is on the right side, bomb a wall south. I believe you need the sword to cut through some stuff in that room to get to the south wall, though, so it takes a while to get there. I don't remember engima's relic. . .

bigboylink
07-26-2005, 09:39 PM
kopitiambread, you don't need any superbombs in the mines. To cross the hole in the room one up and one right from the entrance, use a regular bomb on the crystal rock in the left-center of the room.

annnot
07-27-2005, 02:41 AM
The most beautiflul woman said she opened up the train station for me. I can'tf find it. Any help

kopitiambread
07-27-2005, 04:30 AM
the train station is on a hill that had a house with a locked door... it's near the entrance to the crystal city

kopitiambread
07-27-2005, 11:23 AM
Corona: finding the train station's relic stone requires you to walk through a wall. I can't remember for the life of me where the crypt's relic stone is; perhaps someone else could give a not-to-revealing hint on that one.

I spent a lot of time looking for the train station's boss key, and it was because I overlooked taking a path that should have been obvious. You'll want to fall down a pit somewhere on the starting floor in order to get on the right path. Look at the first two floors' maps...which room's haven't you been to? How do you think you could access those rooms from the rooms you have already visited?

Finally found the hookshot! I can't believe I didn't notice the flag pop up that is quite similiar to MMDWR-DC... Still looking for the relic and the boss key... Does anyone know which floor the relic is on?

bloodhound
07-27-2005, 07:49 PM
Well, I am still looking for the relic, and boss key for the Train Dungeon.

I also see quite a few posts about buying potions, I'm just wondering where I can find this shop. I already own the empty bottle. But never found the shop otherwise.

kopitiambread
07-28-2005, 12:08 AM
The potion shop is by the entrance to Mudork Muck... It's a house with a Buffalo skull at the entrance :) To 'start' the shop selling potions, have the bottle in the secondary item box and press your desiganted button

kopitiambread
07-28-2005, 01:40 PM

I finally understood what you meant by the path that was so obvious :) I found it but I'm stuck at the junction after hookshot-ting across a room. In the room to the left, there's a locked door and the door above leads to another room that does not move even though you kill all the enemies. I have a feeling it's the exit after looping around starting from the locked door

bigboylink
07-28-2005, 08:23 PM
You're right on the money. That path does lead to the boss key, and it loops around to the beginning. I take it you still need that last small key though. The only difficult small key I remember from that dungeon is the one located on the bottom-left corner of the bottom-most floor. Have you been there yet?

kopitiambread
07-29-2005, 04:52 AM
I've already visited that spot... Happens that I left out the treasure chest that can be h/s over once the thing-things are killed... I've found an invisible wall that leads to an extra key but not a relic that you mentioned... Is that the right wall I went through? I've cleared all the rooms for all 3 floors but can't find that inivsible wall with the relic.

And the boss is insane! Argh!! in 3 forms somemore!

bloodhound
07-29-2005, 10:07 AM
I've already visited that spot... Happens that I left out the treasure chest that can be h/s over once the thing-things are killed... I've found an invisible wall that leads to an extra key but not a relic that you mentioned... Is that the right wall I went through? I've cleared all the rooms for all 3 floors but can't find that inivsible wall with the relic.

And the boss is insane! Argh!! in 3 forms somemore!

On the bright side, the boss does not regenerate. So even if you die, the parts of the boss you killed are still dead.

2nd, I think I'm giving up on that relic. I know for certian, that I traveled into every square of the dungeon maps for the 3 floors, and pushed aginst every wall in those rooms. I know you have to walk through the wall, I just can't find the right wall. I even have the Lens and I still do not see it.

kopitiambread
07-29-2005, 01:04 PM
Finally! The boss is no more :) Barely made it through the 3rd form!

To bloodhound:There's an invisivble wall on B1, upper right hand corner (not the area where you find the boss key) but that leads to an extra key

Could someone help us in finding the relic for the train station? :p

Praethus
07-29-2005, 01:47 PM
Top left of the 1st floor. The room is not on the map.

bloodhound
07-29-2005, 03:45 PM
of all the places to hide the relic. I feel so stupid. I was searching so so hard on B-1 thinking there was a room I missed or was inside the three empty squares.

Well, on to the crypt relic. Going to decypher those clues to find that one.

kopitiambread
07-30-2005, 07:53 AM
Furthermore, the gallery is where you get the cross, and to get there you have to get past some illusions. I think I may know where you could get stuck, so all I'll say is that you should be pushing every block you come across :)

Thanks Praethus for the help :) Didn't expect any rooms to be out of the map for the dungeon :scared:

I've tried pushing the blocks in the room with all the armoured guys and the room above with the key in the treasure chest but still can't find a way through to anyother room... Some help please? :)

bloodhound
07-30-2005, 09:34 AM
in the gallery, from the entrance. I think the route is U,L,U,L,U,R,R,L,U,U.

Granted, there's a few puzzles along the way that require bombs, candle, and block pushing.

Hint: Stay away from candle light as much as possible.

kopitiambread
07-30-2005, 12:18 PM
Thanks bloodhound! Found the cross already :) (can't believe I didn't see the beginning hint... ARGHS!!!) Is it just a mini dungeon with no relic and triforce?

Praethus
07-30-2005, 12:25 PM
Yes. Nothing other than the cross in the Gallery, as far as I know.

kopitiambread
07-30-2005, 01:42 PM
The Blue Armor is in Pulchera village. You need to play Santa Claus to get it, though.

I can get up the place where I think you are to play Santa but can't go any further than that... Do I need to accomplish something first?

annnot
07-30-2005, 09:56 PM
I am stuck in the train station I keep going to all the smae places over and over nothing new. I found the hook shot. The guy that says the train will leave when a button is push. I can't figure it out. really could use some help.

kopitiambread
07-31-2005, 10:12 AM
I am stuck in the train station I keep going to all the smae places over and over nothing new. I found the hook shot. The guy that says the train will leave when a button is push. I can't figure it out. really could use some help.

Have you gone into the room 2 rights from the one with a bomb-able block? After hitting that button, the trains should move :)

annnot
07-31-2005, 12:49 PM
Got it thanks. Any idea where I should go next.

kopitiambread
07-31-2005, 02:19 PM
There would be a hole for you to drop down into B1 then look for a ghost lantern :)

dvader654
07-31-2005, 03:11 PM
In the dam lvl I beat the boss and warpped through the teleporter, now there is a locked door left on f-3 (the room just above the boss which has three green boomerang goblins) but I can't find a key anywhere, any clues? Alsi I do not have the map for F-3, I'm assuming it is past that door

No one answered this guys question and no I am stuck at the same spot. I beat the acuamentus, now there is this locked door with no key.

dvader654
07-31-2005, 03:26 PM
No one answered this guys question and no I am stuck at the same spot. I beat the acuamentus, now there is this locked door with no key.

Nevermind I found it. It was in a room where there were unreachable vases and a block I needed to push to get to it.

Obob
07-31-2005, 10:00 PM
I too am quite stuck in the dam. My problem is that I cannot find any switch to raise the water on the second floor. I have already beaten the miniboss, but cannot get the water to come up and raise the block on the first floor to get to the teleporter. As far as I know, I haven't even seen the switches that the room on the second floor hints about. Am I missing some other staircase to the second floor or something? Thanks in advance for any help.

kopitiambread
08-01-2005, 02:05 AM
there is a bomb-able wall on the second floor that has a huge hole in the middle of the room. Have you been there? I think that's where the switch lies... I remember after that, the dam scenario was over before I knew it :)

Obob
08-01-2005, 04:30 AM
Thanks, thats one of the very few walls that I had not bombed.

athanato
08-01-2005, 08:42 AM
What is the maze for the windy mountain with the red chickens tossing feathers at you?

thnx

kopitiambread
08-01-2005, 09:40 AM
You can find the answers in Mudora Muck... Look for the ruined temple and the hint can be found in the old man's tent

Edit: The old man is not in the tent but outside the temple :)

athanato
08-01-2005, 01:41 PM
You can find the answers in Mudora Muck... Look for the ruined temple and the hint can be found in the old man's tent

Edit: The old man is not in the tent but outside the temple :)

I figued it out thnx.

But it doesn't help me since it looks like I need the lvl.2 glove and I don't have it.
I got the bow, flippers, lvl.1 gloves, lvl.2 shield, lvl.2 sword and I don't know where to go now. I don't have any relics for the temple ruins though.

I was assuming I had to go up to the mountains but I was wrong :(

jman2050
08-01-2005, 02:08 PM
you do go up the mountains. Bomb a wall near the stones, and go in the cave. That's where you need to be.

athanato
08-01-2005, 02:29 PM
you do go up the mountains. Bomb a wall near the stones, and go in the cave. That's where you need to be.

The one above the maze? thats behind a lvl.2 rock.

jman2050
08-01-2005, 02:30 PM
No, the one to the left of that. You have to go down a ladder/stairs to get to it.

athanato
08-01-2005, 03:16 PM
No, the one to the left of that. You have to go down a ladder/stairs to get to it.

I get wasted on the two moving belts (moving left) with moving spikes on them. Am I suppose to go there now or later? if so how? Link is too slow to walk past the spikes and gets wasted every time I try, also there is a pit beside the belts that drop you into the first floor.

bloodhound
08-01-2005, 03:16 PM
Hey jman, are you still planning to update all the bugs still in the revised game?

So far, I think I remember 3-6 areas I should report to you about. Mostly those are areas I die in, and appear in a spot in the upper left corner and I can not move.

bloodhound
08-01-2005, 03:17 PM
I get wasted on the two moving belts (moving left) with moving spikes on them. Am I suppose to go there now or later? if so how? Link is too slow to walk past the spikes and gets wasted every time I try, also there is a pit beside the belts that drop you into the first floor.

That's where you have to go, trip the spike things, and then run past them when they are resetting.

athanato
08-01-2005, 05:00 PM
That's where you have to go, trip the spike things, and then run past them when they are resetting.

Yea forgot about that.

Now i'm out hunting for clues on the desert maze and exploring the city the sleeping mermaid warps you to.

Edit: Which should I takkle first? The desert seems easy battle wise but I can't find a solution to the maze. Capital Port is hard with the ridiculous amount of mosters it has, it doesn't seem like I should go there yet.

kopitiambread
08-01-2005, 05:49 PM
Finally found the Were-Axe! Can't believe I missed that once closed doorway :)

To athanato: Go for the easier levels... If the dream level is too tough for your character @ present strength then you should look for an easier dream scenario

bloodhound
08-01-2005, 06:12 PM
desert is definitly the way to go, I wandered around the desert until I found someone who told me how to get to the town, a way through the maze.

athanato
08-01-2005, 06:21 PM
desert is definitly the way to go, I wandered around the desert until I found someone who told me how to get to the town, a way through the maze.

When I walk over moving sand I get hurt, do I need boots?

n/m, its the stupid sand monster thats hitting me.

jman2050
08-01-2005, 06:37 PM
I'm still fixing bugs. I'm withholding for a bit though, trying to get the new ZC released, since amny of DOY's problems tend to be a result of ZC's engine.

athanato
08-01-2005, 07:16 PM
What is the solution for the maze in the desert after you leave the frog village to the left? one of the frogs says to follow the sand worms to their source but all they do is just wander around the screen like any other monster.

bloodhound
08-01-2005, 10:38 PM
What is the solution for the maze in the desert after you leave the frog village to the left? one of the frogs says to follow the sand worms to their source but all they do is just wander around the screen like any other monster.

If I remember right, the path is left left down left

bloodhound
08-01-2005, 10:44 PM
okay, I was just reading a lot of back posts about Doy, and I found a place where they say you can turn off the convayers in Storm tower. could I possible get a hint to where and how to do this?

bmowrey
08-02-2005, 10:53 AM
okay, I was just reading a lot of back posts about Doy, and I found a place where they say you can turn off the convayers in Storm tower. could I possible get a hint to where and how to do this?

I think its only for the boss, so doesn't help for the rest of the tower, and for the boss you can melt the ice so you the wind doesn't push you around.

kopitiambread
08-02-2005, 12:24 PM
There's this roof in Pulchera Village that I can walk up to but cannot access the chimney... Am I missing an item to do it? Is the Blue Ring hidden in there?

bloodhound
08-02-2005, 12:53 PM
I think its only for the boss, so doesn't help for the rest of the tower, and for the boss you can melt the ice so you the wind doesn't push you around.

The problem I have is that I can not get past a place on the 7th floow, the room has a very small Ice path, and you have only one square to walk onto the path, and the wind immeditatly blows you off. I can not get past that part for the life of me, that's why I was thinking there is something I missed. Unless you can melt the ice on the first square so the wind doesn't affect you. Hmm, still that part should be changed.

kopitiambread
08-03-2005, 09:09 AM
Finally got through to the blue tunic (blue ring)... Can't believe I missed the clue from walking around the place where it was...

A hint to those who haven't found it: You should be able to get to it by the time you get to the crypt

bmowrey
08-03-2005, 10:50 AM
The problem I have is that I can not get past a place on the 7th floow, the room has a very small Ice path, and you have only one square to walk onto the path, and the wind immeditatly blows you off. I can not get past that part for the life of me, that's why I was thinking there is something I missed. Unless you can melt the ice on the first square so the wind doesn't affect you. Hmm, still that part should be changed.

I don't remember that room -- can you give me a screenshot? I remember there's one location you can never get past, just designed that way (because you have to come down from above and jump in the hole to get one of the items).

athanato
08-04-2005, 08:05 PM
Finally got through to the blue tunic (blue ring)... Can't believe I missed the clue from walking around the place where it was...

A hint to those who haven't found it: You should be able to get to it by the time you get to the crypt

Is it in Pulchera Village?

kopitiambread
08-05-2005, 03:58 AM
Yes it is... You'll need to play the role as Santa to get it :) (See earlier threads)

kopitiambread
08-05-2005, 07:53 AM
I'm having trouble on the 2nd floor in the middle upper room where there are winds blowing in 2 directons and lots of Wizzrobes too... There is a block that you can hookshot across but you get blown off the moment you touch the ground when you finish the hookshot sequence.

Bombis
08-05-2005, 08:03 AM
This is my second try at finishing this game , i gave it a go about a year ago.
I have a room that I've trouble getting through. I seem to recollect that I had the same problem last time. Now i can get through this room but it takes about 25 fails to 1 success. Any one got any hint of the best tactic to cross this rom (It's in blester)

http://www.geocities.com/gustafblom/zelda001.bmp

Edit I assume its the same one as the previous poster referred to.

coheeD
08-05-2005, 09:02 AM
This must sound pathetic, but I'm stuck in Error's Mansion. This guy tells me there's a key hidden underneath a vase/pot in the southeast corner of F1..

I've gone everywhere possible in F1 and I get stuck in a room with 3 Locked doors, and a staircase down to B1. If someone could help me past this I'd appreciate it a lot =)

bmowrey
08-05-2005, 10:29 AM
I have a room that I've trouble getting through. I seem to recollect that I had the same problem last time. Now i can get through this room but it takes about 25 fails to 1 success. Any one got any hint of the best tactic to cross this rom (It's in blester)

Yeah, for that room I had to take advantage of a zelda bug. Basically, you need to position yourself on the left wall, one square up from the bottom. This is hard enough, but just keep trying, throwing the hookshot north to the block, until you latch on and the hootshot pulls you over. (This might take a while, but since you'll never fall just trying to hookshot, you can try over and over). Now, once the hookshot connects, do not touch the controls! The hookshot will pull you to the block, then the wind will carry you to the bottom row of floor where it looks like you're going to fall off. Again, as long as you don't touch a direction, you will not fall! So, now you need to point east and hookshot again to safety. However, as soon as you push 'right' to point east, you will fall -- unless your hookshot is deploying! So, push right and at the same time press the button for hookshot. If you pushed these buttons close enough together, you will turn and hookshot all in one move and make it to safety. If you push hookshot too early, you'll just hookshot to the first block again (without turning). If you push it too late, you'll fall and have to come back to this room.

Bombis
08-05-2005, 11:07 AM
This must sound pathetic, but I'm stuck in Error's Mansion. This guy tells me there's a key hidden underneath a vase/pot in the southeast corner of F1..

I've gone everywhere possible in F1 and I get stuck in a room with 3 Locked doors, and a staircase down to B1. If someone could help me past this I'd appreciate it a lot =)

I think you should fall down from the floor above to a corner thats seems unreachable.

kopitiambread
08-05-2005, 11:08 AM
There are 2 switches in Error's Mansion... The first one leads to the second one and the second switch leads to the 2nd floor of the mansion that will lead you to a room where you'll need to look out for a bomb-able tile that will lead you to the first floor :) Hope it helps

Chill Penguin
08-05-2005, 02:07 PM
After being gone for nearly a year, I decided to come back to see if any more progress had been made and I could get past the bug in the train station where I had to end my quest last time. I found it was, so I downloaded jman's revised version of DoY.

I think I might have found a combo bug:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/bjb138/zelda001.jpg

I set a Super Bomb down to cause the explosion. It seems as though this was in the original version as well. You can't travel over the rocks that appeared after the explosion.

Is there something I'm missing, or is this a bug?

Edit: I did find something else, though I'm not absolutely sure if it's been mentioned specifically.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/bjb138/zelda002.jpg
Link appears at the X=0, Y=0 position in the upper left. It happens when you die in the North West area of Error's Dream.

athanato
08-05-2005, 07:55 PM
There's this roof in Pulchera Village that I can walk up to but cannot access the chimney... Am I missing an item to do it? Is the Blue Ring hidden in there?

Do I need any items to get onto the roof?

athanato
08-05-2005, 09:37 PM
After defeating the desert dungeon where should I head to next?

kopitiambread
08-06-2005, 02:56 AM
Yes, you need an item from one of the dungeons to get up to the roof :) Try experimenting with your new accessoires, when you do get them...

After the desert dungeon, find a person in the Village to get to the next scenario. This dream has 2 stages, one mini level and the other is the main one.

dvader654
08-06-2005, 05:54 PM
The Error's dream bug (as shown above) is making me go crazy. Someone just tell me what to do in Error's dream cause everytime i try it I die cause of invisible enemies and then I need to start all the way back at the beginning (it takes 5 minutes just to get back.)

I had found 2 keys, used 1 one of them. I can't find another way to go.

athanato
08-07-2005, 12:12 AM
Yes, you need an item from one of the dungeons to get up to the roof :) Try experimenting with your new accessoires, when you do get them...

After the desert dungeon, find a person in the Village to get to the next scenario. This dream has 2 stages, one mini level and the other is the main one.

I killed the boss in the desert dungeon and it warped me out of it, now I go back to the desert frog village and they tell me nothing about progressing further. I am lost.

I fought through the crystal dungeon but I get owned when I get down to the floor with the wizzards.

kopitiambread
08-07-2005, 05:29 AM
I just got the golden glove! The hookshot trick worked! Thanks bmowrey :) Now onto exploring the higher levels... Does anyone know how to get past that conveyer thing on lvl 7?

To davader654: I understand your fustration as I was also stuck in Error's Dream for quite some time as well... The hint to carry on is to push a block in a room with a picture frame there.. If it's the correct one, the dark parts of the level should trigger orange water to appear.

To athanato: You're in the right place!! Don't give up ;) Yes, you will get owned by the wizzards when they summon the blue knights (you're in that room right?) but endure and just bomb your way out to freedom and pray that you survive :) Took me 2 rounds to get through it :p

Hope this help!

athanato
08-07-2005, 10:24 PM
I just got the golden glove! The hookshot trick worked! Thanks bmowrey :) Now onto exploring the higher levels... Does anyone know how to get past that conveyer thing on lvl 7?

To davader654: I understand your fustration as I was also stuck in Error's Dream for quite some time as well... The hint to carry on is to push a block in a room with a picture frame there.. If it's the correct one, the dark parts of the level should trigger orange water to appear.

To athanato: You're in the right place!! Don't give up ;) Yes, you will get owned by the wizzards when they summon the blue knights (you're in that room right?) but endure and just bomb your way out to freedom and pray that you survive :) Took me 2 rounds to get through it :p

Hope this help!

I just dropped into a room full of wizzards and their magic hits me and I die with one to two hits :(

kopitiambread
08-08-2005, 01:02 AM
I've found out how to get across the wind part before the boss :p

Have you found the magic carp's smithy? It sells the Lvl 2 shield which should give you quite a good fighting chance... I don't remember fighting the wizzrobes in that level... That floor you're talking about is @ B1 right?

kopitiambread
08-08-2005, 03:58 AM
Does anyone know an easier way to defeat the nightmare boss for Storm Towers? The wind and holes make it hard to move around the room and the double layer of heads to get through is really tough!! Help please?

kopitiambread
08-08-2005, 04:00 AM

But the lantern can only produce one flame per screen so how can I melt the whole floor?

bmowrey
08-08-2005, 12:47 PM
But the lantern can only produce one flame per screen so how can I melt the whole floor?

It's not a melting block, but a trigger to change the entire floor. C-Dawg did some amazing stuff (not taking any credit away from everyone else who's used these techniques in their quests, either -- I just like how he incorporated so much stuff into this one).

athanato
08-08-2005, 03:26 PM
I've found out how to get across the wind part before the boss :p

Have you found the magic carp's smithy? It sells the Lvl 2 shield which should give you quite a good fighting chance... I don't remember fighting the wizzrobes in that level... That floor you're talking about is @ B1 right?

It's either B1 or B2, I can't recall atm.

I do have the lvl.2 shield btw.

Edit: I might be confusing this area with somewhere else.

athanato
08-09-2005, 09:23 PM
I'm getting fed up wit this Mine, as great as the game is it's a horrable map.

I found one key and now there are only two paths left for me to go, up to the room at the top of the map on f-1 which requires a second key that I don't have or to the right of the map from the entrance which is impossible because it has a hole in the floor and you just fall down. Am I missing the grappling hook or am I not suppose to have it yet?

I found one key by walking through the bottom wall in B-1 where the bats are flying over the room filled with water and only one block of land to fight on (this is the horrable part of the map). Where is the next key to get?

Bombis
08-11-2005, 06:28 AM
I don't remember exactly where your next key is but you should look for a stair under a block. And try bombing the rock in the room with the big pit.

athanato
08-11-2005, 10:10 PM
I don't remember exactly where your next key is but you should look for a stair under a block. And try bombing the rock in the room with the big pit.

I went to this room, is there suppose to be anything in there? I did not find anything special about it.

thnx

athanato
08-11-2005, 11:15 PM
In the Mine dungeon is it by design that you get killed with only two hits while fighting the boss? This doesn't seem right.

Every time I get wasted by two touches by the blue knights.

Bombis
08-12-2005, 04:09 AM
I went to this room, is there suppose to be anything in there? I did not find anything special about it.

thnx

If we're talking about the same room a floor should appear and you should be able to access a new set of rooms. Otherwise look for a walkthrough wall in the basement.

Hopes it helps.

athanato
08-12-2005, 08:14 PM
If we're talking about the same room a floor should appear and you should be able to access a new set of rooms. Otherwise look for a walkthrough wall in the basement.

Hopes it helps.

How do I get to the treasure chest that is close to the entrance to the left of the map? I tried bombing the big crystal with no luck.

athanato
08-12-2005, 09:01 PM
I'm in the Train Station and in this room in B-1 once I kill the monsters (one skeleton bat and two of those red blobs with the triangle armor) the teleport block turns into a block of wall and I'm trapped.

I'm assuming this is a known issue...

Edit: I redownlaoded the game and it is fixed in the latest build which is posted. I had downloaded the game a few days before the latest posting :)

kopitiambread
08-13-2005, 12:47 AM
I don't remember facing such a problem... There were times where I had the respawning in the wall problem after continuing... Have you made any progression?

athanato
08-13-2005, 07:48 PM

I can't find the hookshot, where is it located at?

thnx

Edit: found it, now I'm wandering around trying to figure out where to go.

athanato
08-13-2005, 11:27 PM
I finished the train station and now I finally have the blue armor :P
Now where do I find the Cross so I can see the invisable monsters?

Edit: I guess you get it in the Gallery, but where is the Gallery? :odd:

athanato
08-13-2005, 11:47 PM
In the swamplands goto the excavation camp and inside the tent to talk to the old man.
When you enter you will talk to the old man and the text will be stuck in an infinite loop, thus you have to restart the game.

Edit: actually you get stuck in the door frame, that is what screews you over.

kopitiambread
08-14-2005, 05:07 AM
Congrats! The Gallery is just under Error's Mansion (the place where you got the bow)... There is a bug here, if you continue after dying, you'll get stuck in the wall so select the 'save' function to avoid frustration. (Then again, travelling all the way to various dungeons is can get on your nerves :) on a still enjoyable ZQ game )

Bombis
08-14-2005, 05:09 AM
How do I get to the treasure chest that is close to the entrance to the left of the map? I tried bombing the big crystal with no luck.

You need the hammer.

athanato
08-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Congrats! The Gallery is just under Error's Mansion (the place where you got the bow)... There is a bug here, if you continue after dying, you'll get stuck in the wall so select the 'save' function to avoid frustration. (Then again, travelling all the way to various dungeons is can get on your nerves :) on a still enjoyable ZQ game )

I'm stuck in the gallery.

I got the key which is from the entrance, U,R,U and then I go back to the left side of the entrance where the paintings say ... don't burn me... and I don't know how to get past the wall to get to the door, I tried walking through, bombing the wall and paintings, burning the paintings, arrow the paintings. nada

Edit: odd, now the fire worked and I have progressed.

athanato
08-14-2005, 03:12 PM
What is the maze route for the Gallery?
U,L,U,L,U,R,R,L,U,U ?

Once I get to this point U,L,U,L,U,R I am in a room full of moving statues and a number of paintings on the nothern wall, now I kill them and the only door is to the south. I tried bombing the wall to the right in the center and nothing happens, I tried walking through it nada, I also tried lighting the flameless touches and again nada.

What am I doing wrong?

thnx

Edit: figured it out, don't go close to the light and bomb the obvious painting :P

Edit2: also the maze is U,L,U,L,U,R*,L,U,U. * you have to do something here, hint: something with a block & ball... :)

athanato
08-14-2005, 04:10 PM
Is there an extra key in the train station?
I got the triforce, hookshot, and relic from it but I have a key left over. Unless I missed a room with a locked door which isn't important...

kopitiambread
08-15-2005, 06:56 AM
Yes, I do have a key left over from the train station too... Perhaps it could serve a purpose later on in the game... Other than that, that's pretty much about it for the train station (aside from some HC scattered in the dungeon)

athanato
08-16-2005, 01:55 AM
Ok what gives? I beat the boss in the crypt in B-3 and all that happens when you walk up to the next room is you re-enter the same room and only to meet him again. I've smashed every tomb stone I can without the room resetting and thus getting back to this annoying loop.

Edit: I walked away from his smashed grave and walked back over it and then it worked so now I've cleared it, odd.

athanato
08-16-2005, 02:04 AM
Can anyone please tell me where the relic is in the crypt?

bmowrey
08-16-2005, 11:17 AM
The train station key - I don't believe I used that anywhere. (or did I find an extra key in the crypt? I forget now. . . )

The crypt relic? I believe its in the lower-left corner of one of the levels, I remember you start in the upper-left corner and go south through a bunch of rooms. You need the hammer, which it sounds like you already have.

athanato
08-16-2005, 10:08 PM
After the crypt what is next, Enigma?

athanato
08-16-2005, 10:18 PM
The train station key - I don't believe I used that anywhere. (or did I find an extra key in the crypt? I forget now. . . )

The crypt relic? I believe its in the lower-left corner of one of the levels, I remember you start in the upper-left corner and go south through a bunch of rooms. You need the hammer, which it sounds like you already have.

I tried the far bottom left and nothing. I did find a room with a super bomb but the floor turns into spikes thus I'm assuming you need the boots for that.

DefEdge
08-16-2005, 11:23 PM
You want pathetic?

:scared:

Umm... I got the sword, and can't seem to get anywhere else... My only equipment is the boomerang and the 3 bombs...

I can't seem to get anywhere else around Link's house and the Deku Tree. Where should I go? I wasn't able to cut down any of the dark green bushes and unless I can push one of the green bushes, I'm stuck.

kopitiambread
08-17-2005, 04:13 AM
Look for the village in the West

Bombis
08-17-2005, 05:35 AM
I tried the far bottom left and nothing. I did find a room with a super bomb but the floor turns into spikes thus I'm assuming you need the boots for that.

The crypt relic is in the upper central part of b2(I think I got the floor right). Use the entrance between the tombstones above the house. I seem to recollect that you need to set torches to flame.

bmowrey
08-17-2005, 10:18 AM
Better memory than I. . . I wonder what was in the lower left corner? Alas. . . Defedge, once you get to the city, you can go west to the dam, but I believe the first step is to go north to Error's house to get the arrows.

DefEdge
08-17-2005, 04:45 PM
OMG! I am so retarded! I didn't know there was an Aquamentus in the Deku Tree!

Once I got the crystal, the rain stopped (overworld changed) and I could go on. I had went outside after I had gotten the sword.

:banghead:

athanato
08-17-2005, 09:11 PM
The crypt relic is in the upper central part of b2(I think I got the floor right). Use the entrance between the tombstones above the house. I seem to recollect that you need to set torches to flame.

You are correct, but the exit leads you to an endless loop bug. you warp to a non-existant room and you have to quit the game to get out of it.

athanato
08-17-2005, 11:27 PM
man, the warp bugs in the crypt, excavation, and enigma levels are annoying.

where is the red armor and it is possible to get it before enigma? the blue wizzards are ripping me apart.

athanato
08-17-2005, 11:40 PM
odd, double post.

athanato
08-21-2005, 08:24 PM
Could anyone assist me in a strategy on fighting the blue wizards in Enigma Castle, they keep ripping me apart; I have to use a potion in every room I fight them.
Should I have gotten the red armor before entering? should I have gone to another dungeon before entering enigma? I have finished the train station and the crypt.

thnx

Bombis
08-22-2005, 07:08 AM
Well let see, I think Enigma is the 6th dungeon, you should have visited the garderners and the squirrels nightmare first.

Hopes it helps

OUCH!
08-22-2005, 08:22 AM
I cleared this quest.

jman2050
08-22-2005, 08:24 AM
Could anyone assist me in a strategy on fighting the blue wizards in Enigma Castle, they keep ripping me apart; I have to use a potion in every room I fight them.
Should I have gotten the red armor before entering? should I have gone to another dungeon before entering enigma? I have finished the train station and the crypt.

I highly recommend you look for the fire boomerang in the excavation. That'll make things 1 thousand times easier, especially with the boss...

C-Dawg
08-22-2005, 09:36 AM
I cleared this quest.

You lie.

I think that would make you the third person ever to finish it.

-C

ShadowTiger
08-22-2005, 10:42 AM
Hey, I've got friggin PICTURES of me finishing it! :glare: *lol* Like jman had once said, if you find a pattern to the bosses, and are well prepared, you can beat it. ... ... *Sigh* ... EVEN the Hellfire areas of it. I don't think I need to get the image ready, do I? :p

athanato
08-22-2005, 08:02 PM
Well let see, I think Enigma is the 6th dungeon, you should have visited the garderners and the squirrels nightmare first.

Hopes it helps

damn I missed two sections?
:odd:
:tongue:

where are they?

Edit: I realised where the garderner was :P, but where are the squirrles? are they those red dream eaters or what ever up in the windy hills?

athanato
08-22-2005, 09:28 PM
What am I suppose to do in the elephants dream?, I don’t see any clues (at least I think I don’t).

athanato
08-23-2005, 12:47 AM

Yea, this room is seriously %#$%*&^ me off too :) :mad:

Bombis
08-23-2005, 04:47 AM
damn I missed two sections?
:odd:
:tongue:

where are they?

Edit: I realised where the garderner was :P, but where are the squirrles? are they those red dream eaters or what ever up in the windy hills?

Search northeast of your starting point.

athanato
08-23-2005, 07:15 PM
Search northeast of your starting point.

let me guess, I need the boots to get to them?
and the boots are in the ice tower?

athanato
08-23-2005, 09:24 PM
How do I get the golden power glove in the ice tower? drop from the floor above? if so do I need to jump over the switch on the floor above so that the hole does not move?

athanato
08-23-2005, 09:41 PM
where do I find the second key for the ice tower? does it require the lvl 2 glove?

bigboylink
08-23-2005, 11:14 PM
In the Storm Tower, all of the small keys can be found outside, in Blester (as the theif says). Obtaining the golden glove does require you to fall from the hole above.

I recently restarted this quest in version 152 (highly recommend) and just a few hours ago did I face that room in the screenshot where everyone is struggling. I think the best way to beat this room is to take advantage of your F3 and F4 keys which trigger the pause button for ZC. Get yourself to the western wall, press F4 and start inching your way north toward the pit, pressing F4 to move yourself frame by frame. You may get pushed slightly to the right as you move up, but if you're moving frame by frame, you can tap left a few times to get yourself over. You want to be right in front of the pit across from the block that you will hookshot yourself to. After you get yourself across, inch your way over to the right by a series of up and right keystrokes, using the frame by frame technique.

It might take a few minutes to warm yourself up to the technique, but if you find yourself falling into the pit as you go frame by frame, you can always quit-continue, to restart before you fall.

Good luck everyone.

athanato
08-24-2005, 12:05 AM
In the Storm Tower, all of the small keys can be found outside, in Blester (as the theif says). Obtaining the golden glove does require you to fall from the hole above.

I recently restarted this quest in version 152 (highly recommend) and just a few hours ago did I face that room in the screenshot where everyone is struggling. I think the best way to beat this room is to take advantage of your F3 and F4 keys which trigger the pause button for ZC. Get yourself to the western wall, press F4 and start inching your way north toward the pit, pressing F4 to move yourself frame by frame. You may get pushed slightly to the right as you move up, but if you're moving frame by frame, you can tap left a few times to get yourself over. You want to be right in front of the pit across from the block that you will hookshot yourself to. After you get yourself across, inch your way over to the right by a series of up and right keystrokes, using the frame by frame technique.

It might take a few minutes to warm yourself up to the technique, but if you find yourself falling into the pit as you go frame by frame, you can always quit-continue, to restart before you fall.

Good luck everyone.

I have my own method of passing that room.
goto the first block at the bottom left, quickly move up (press up and left) and before you walk off the first block hookshot the brick on the other side, if you time it right you will cross BUT because of the wind at the bottom of the screen you get pushed to the right and thus you end up in the row beside the brick you hookshot onto, thus just walk upto the wall and hold up+right and walk away. by doing this you do not need to hookshot to the other blocks.

and of course if you do not make it beside the block (you end up under the block) you won't be able to move left or right (zc bug I guess) just stop the game and continue so you pop up beside that room and try agian.

athanato
08-24-2005, 12:08 AM

do you need the boots to get the glove?
I'm assuming that you need to fall through the one block hole (i.e. you cannot trigger the star switch which moves the hole in the ground above)

kopitiambread
08-24-2005, 11:57 AM
I highly recommend you look for the fire boomerang in the excavation. That'll make things 1 thousand times easier, especially with the boss...

Where is the fire boomerang?

I'm kinda stuck in the excavation... I can't seem to proceed any further after coming from a room full of knights and the hopping bats with a pushable block that will lead to a room of Wizzrobes

kopitiambread
08-24-2005, 12:00 PM
The squrriel dream can be accessed after getting the golden glove and beating the icy tower and no, you don't need the boots to get the glove... Look for a guy inside the dungeon that tells you to look out for an 'eye' (big hint)

athanato
08-24-2005, 05:44 PM
The squrriel dream can be accessed after getting the golden glove and beating the icy tower and no, you don't need the boots to get the glove... Look for a guy inside the dungeon that tells you to look out for an 'eye' (big hint)

yea I got the glove, I just need to get to the boss now (I keep getting knocked down when trying to cross the hookshot room full of red wizards :mad:

on the floor just above the glove there is an empty room (far bottom right) with three blocks and snow, is there suppose to be anything in here? the rest of the floor is open space.

athanato
08-24-2005, 08:02 PM
bloody hell, the storm tower is driving me nuts.
how many keys are there to get outside, I think I got two or three. I need one to get into the middle room of the 7th floor.
(tell me the boss is on this floor, this dungeon is way over doing it)

bigboylink
08-24-2005, 10:00 PM
There's 3 keys outside, plus an additional key in the cave north of the tower. And for the love of everything Zelda, don't try tackling that boss just yet (which, yes, is on floor 7). I was quite surprised to see one at this stage of the game. I'm holding out for the red mail.

Now I have a question: I'm pretty sure it's not possible to cross this room in the Excavation on floor B2 (entering from the east, trying to access to the left door). Not enough of the blocks are pushable (I have the golden glove)....I'm guessing that this is just a red herring; I have spent a lot of time here going nowhere. Can someone tell me where to go after giving the relic stone to the man on the bottom right corner of floor B2? I'm very curious to see what's ahead, so no spoilers please. Thanks.

EDIT: ugh, I can't seem to load the snapshot I want, so here's a perfunctory description: If we consider the map of Excavation's floor B2 as a 7x6 grid (with 7 horizontal rows and 6 vertical columns), the room I am referring to is in position row5, column5. There are six ghinis floating around the room; can't hit 'em with a sword (but a superbomb works). Could someone at least acknowledge they know what room I'm referring to?

athanato
08-24-2005, 11:24 PM
There's 3 keys outside, plus an additional key in the cave north of the tower. And for the love of everything Zelda, don't try tackling that boss just yet (which, yes, is on floor 7). I was quite surprised to see one at this stage of the game. I'm holding out for the red mail.

Now I have a question: I'm pretty sure it's not possible to cross this room in the Excavation on floor B2 (entering from the east, trying to access to the left door). Not enough of the blocks are pushable (I have the golden glove)....I'm guessing that this is just a red herring; I have spent a lot of time here going nowhere. Can someone tell me where to go after giving the relic stone to the man on the bottom right corner of floor B2? I'm very curious to see what's ahead, so no spoilers please. Thanks.

EDIT: ugh, I can't seem to load the snapshot I want, so here's a perfunctory description: If we consider the map of Excavation's floor B2 as a 7x6 grid (with 7 horizontal rows and 6 vertical columns), the room I am referring to is in position row5, column5. There are six ghinis floating around the room; can't hit 'em with a sword (but a superbomb works). Could someone at least acknowledge they know what room I'm referring to?

Then how would I get to the squrriel dream if I don't beat the tower boss? seems an above post says you need to clear the tower first.

bigboylink
08-24-2005, 11:31 PM
You only need the L2 glove to access the Squirrel's dream; you don't need to beat the Tower boss.

athanato
08-25-2005, 09:25 PM
You only need the L2 glove to access the Squirrel's dream; you don't need to beat the Tower boss.

Is it in the forest? I found the jungle dream but not the squirrl's dream.

Bombis
08-26-2005, 04:07 AM
Is it in the forest? I found the jungle dream but not the squirrl's dream.

No it's south of the jungle dream (which you shouldn't attempt for a long while yet),

Don't go up in the mountain, instead go straight ahead and south and then left instead. I don't really want to give away the jungle dreams location, so I hope this is clear enough.

(Another entrance can be found east of crystalia)

athanato
08-26-2005, 10:30 PM
No it's south of the jungle dream (which you shouldn't attempt for a long while yet),

Don't go up in the mountain, instead go straight ahead and south and then left instead. I don't really want to give away the jungle dreams location, so I hope this is clear enough.

(Another entrance can be found east of crystalia)

I forgot about the movable lvl 2 rocks east of crystalia.
I don't know how I missed the warp point in the forest :odd:

are those mouths in the ground in the evil forest killable? don't tell me super bomb only :(

Valientlink
08-27-2005, 12:10 AM
????! I found a hint. Brain blast for me! thanks.

ronblaze
08-27-2005, 06:15 AM
I've Been Doing Pretty Well But Now Im Stuck In The Enigma Castle. I've Gotten Through Most of The Castle but Now Im Stuck at this point http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/2474/zelda0025ff.png

Bombis
08-27-2005, 12:31 PM
I forgot about the movable lvl 2 rocks east of crystalia.
I don't know how I missed the warp point in the forest :odd:

are those mouths in the ground in the evil forest killable? don't tell me super bomb only :(

No just avoid them as much as possible. If they are blocking your way find another way.

C-Dawg
08-27-2005, 03:38 PM

If you are where I think you are, then yes, there is no way across that room. There is, however, another way to get to the other side of those blocks.

-C

athanato
08-27-2005, 06:20 PM

I'm stumped at the same room too.
Also the warp block that is just before that room, after you give the relic to the old man, where does it take you to? the exit or does it take you to another section you need to explore? I know the warp just before that one takes you to the exit.
Also those fireball mosnters, is it worth killing them?

athanato
08-27-2005, 06:22 PM
If you are where I think you are, then yes, there is no way across that room. There is, however, another way to get to the other side of those blocks.

-C

any hints?

athanato
08-27-2005, 07:34 PM
damn it, the storm tower is p#$ing me off and the ZC control bug is just making it worse.

on F - 7, bottom/middle room (J shaped room) with the sheild eaters and the pesky sword stunner. What is the strategy for walking around the wall with the wind blowing downwards in the middle of the room.

I press up to walk into the wind but the damn ZC control bug doesn't let me change direction and the AI just makes me walk to the right and into the pit.

For what ever reason you lose control when walking in the wind, any idea when this bug will be fixed?
I'm using ZC 2.10

jman2050
08-27-2005, 08:12 PM
Conveyors are much much better in 2.11, so that should hopefully not be much of a problem once that comes out.

ronblaze
08-27-2005, 08:43 PM
I've Been Doing Pretty Well But Now Im Stuck In The Enigma Castle. I've Gotten Through Most of The Castle but Now Im Stuck at this point http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/2474/zelda0025ff.png
Does Anyone Know What To Do Here? I've Already Collected The Boss Key And The Relic Stone For This Dungeon but Can't Seem To Find The Item

athanato
08-27-2005, 09:27 PM
Conveyors are much much better in 2.11, so that should hopefully not be much of a problem once that comes out.

That is good to hear.
The controls seem to be a bit better with the keyboard, is it a timing issue in the joypad code? I'm using a PS2 dual shock gamepad via usb, it doesn't have any issues in games and emus, it helps alot in street fighter which needs a good responsive joystick.

athanato
08-27-2005, 09:30 PM

There are a lot of continue and warp bugs in the caves by the storm tower.
The cave to the left will warp you close to crystal town if you continue. The one on the right will warp you off the map if you fall down pits and thus get stuck.

athanato
08-27-2005, 09:38 PM
Wow, I didn't realise that I missed a dungeon.

Whats the solution to the sewer in the dester frog village?
I've been wondering around it for an hour and can't figure out a way through it. I got one ball switch (upper right of the F-1 map) but I can't get to the area where it removed two blocks.
All I get for my troubles is a super bomb and wasting two potions :(

Edit: I got the second ball switch and it removes two blocks on the left side of the map, but when I walk up to the next room above that new area there are two more blocks blocking my way and there is a toruch in the middle of the water which I cannot reach with my lantern, what do I do here or do I go elsewhere?

athanato
08-28-2005, 01:45 AM
Will the red boomerang kill the storm tower boss? super bombs won't and if you walk around you'll get pushed into a pit. I guess you need the red armor also.

bigboylink
08-28-2005, 04:10 PM
Does Anyone Know What To Do Here? I've Already Collected The Boss Key And The Relic Stone For This Dungeon but Can't Seem To Find The Item

I just completed Enigma, and I never figured out what that room was for. I guess I wouldn't worry about it. If you don't have the item yet, you've still got a lot to do. Have you made it past the room where the spiked walls close in on you? That's the direction you want to follow.

kopitiambread
08-29-2005, 12:32 AM
I was wondering, if one cant find the fire boomerang from the excavation, is it possible to accquire it anywhere else?

kopitiambread
08-29-2005, 12:33 AM
To athanato: For Storm Tower Boss, have you tired to melt the floor using your lantern?

ronblaze
08-29-2005, 12:46 AM
I just completed Enigma, and I never figured out what that room was for. I guess I wouldn't worry about it. If you don't have the item yet, you've still got a lot to do. Have you made it past the room where the spiked walls close in on you? That's the direction you want to follow.
Yeah I got Past That Room and all i get to is a room with 4 colored tiles and the room after that has a warp in it that takes you back to the beginning. I also tried bombing in the room with the colored tiles with no luck. So i'm pretty much stuck.

athanato
08-29-2005, 12:47 AM
To athanato: For Storm Tower Boss, have you tired to melt the floor using your lantern?

Ah, I forgot about that clue. thnx
I guess anywhere on the floor will do...

athanato
08-29-2005, 01:26 AM
bah, too many bugs in this game, I used the toruch in the storm tower boss room and the ice did not melt. Is there only a specific area you can melt?

also if you contiune the game from this fight/room you are placed off of the map and are thus stuck and have to restart from the begining in the forest.

ronblaze
08-29-2005, 02:16 AM
bah, too many bugs in this game, I used the toruch in the storm tower boss room and the ice did not melt. Is there only a specific area you can melt?

also if you contiune the game from this fight/room you are placed off of the map and are thus stuck and have to restart from the begining in the forest.
when you enter the room torch to the right at the bottom, that should melt the ice. For the bugs, can't help u on that 1

Obob
08-29-2005, 02:56 AM
I'm in the hotel right now, and can't figure out how to get past the bug with diving two screens to the left of the first woman. Whenever I dive there, I get thrown into a square in the sewers where I can't move. After continuing, I am put into the screen with 4 keese. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.

Bombis
08-29-2005, 04:45 AM
Yeah I got Past That Room and all i get to is a room with 4 colored tiles and the room after that has a warp in it that takes you back to the beginning. I also tried bombing in the room with the colored tiles with no luck. So i'm pretty much stuck.

You should step on the coloured tiles in a specific order. The clue is somewhere in Enigma. It has been a while since i played enigma last time so you have to find the clue for yourself.

Obob
08-29-2005, 10:02 PM
OK I figured out how to work around the hotel bug and beat enigma castle. Now I'm in Subrosia, and there is the nasty can't-move-right bug. I can get to the Temple of Heroes, but that's all. Is there anything vital in Subrosia which I can't get because of this?

athanato
08-29-2005, 11:30 PM
Wow, I didn't realise that I missed a dungeon.

Whats the solution to the sewer in the dester frog village?
I've been wondering around it for an hour and can't figure out a way through it. I got one ball switch (upper right of the F-1 map) but I can't get to the area where it removed two blocks.
All I get for my troubles is a super bomb and wasting two potions :(

Edit: I got the second ball switch and it removes two blocks on the left side of the map, but when I walk up to the next room above that new area there are two more blocks blocking my way and there is a toruch in the middle of the water which I cannot reach with my lantern, what do I do here or do I go elsewhere?

could anyone plz assist?

bigboylink
08-30-2005, 12:33 AM
could anyone plz assist?

If you have the book and black belt, you need to fire a blast in the direction of the torch and hope that one of the bats flies in front of your beam where the flame would make contact with the torch.

Obob
08-30-2005, 06:59 AM
Has anybody beaten Coma and Insomnia in the Volcano? I can't figure out how to even damage them. I have the Gold mail, and found the red mail in the dungeon. I'm not supposed to have the mirror shield, am I? I found the hint that you are supposed to use their mirror against them, but I have no clue what is meant by this. Thanks.

athanato
08-30-2005, 01:22 PM
If you have the book and black belt, you need to fire a blast in the direction of the torch and hope that one of the bats flies in front of your beam where the flame would make contact with the torch.

I have nither.

Am I suppose to get this red cape the frog is talking about in the sewer? where is it located in the dungeon, I just can't find the route to take after taking the second ball switch.

ronblaze
08-30-2005, 03:13 PM
I have nither.

Am I suppose to get this red cape the frog is talking about in the sewer? where is it located in the dungeon, I just can't find the route to take after taking the second ball switch.
you Have To Get Through Hotel, Get Through Seadog's challenge (for the blackbelt) and get the item from enigma castle (the book) so you'll be able to light the torch that stands in the middle of the water in the sewer.