PDA

View Full Version : Deep Throat Revealed

Breaker
05-31-2005, 08:30 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/linkset/2005/05/31/LI2005053100696.html

Washington Post Confirms
Felt Is 'Deep Throat'
The Washington Post today confirmed that W. Mark Felt, a former number-two official at the FBI, was "Deep Throat," the secretive source who provided information that helped unravel the Watergate scandal in the early 1970s and contributed to the resignation of President Richard M. Nixon.

--

Deep Throat Revealed
Slate Magazine's Tim Noah discussed Vanity Fair's claim that former FBI official W. Mark Felt is Deep Throat, the figure who leaked secrets about Nixon's Watergate coverup.

--

A Source Confirmed
Washington Post staff writer David Von Drehle discusses W. Mark Felt's admission to Vanity Fair magazine that he is Deep Throat, the figure who leaked secrets about Nixon's Watergate coverup.

Beldaran
06-01-2005, 03:21 AM
So what we have here is a political event involving Dick, Felt, Woodword, and Deepthroat. This entire situation is one big, sick, sexual innuendo.

Drunken Tiger
06-01-2005, 04:40 AM
I caught a glimpse of a headline on the train.. "Deep Throat Revealed". I was just thinking to myself.. WTF?!

Great Warrior
06-01-2005, 05:42 AM
What a letdown. I was hoping it was someone like Diane Sawyer .

This guy is kinda boring after all that waiting.

Dracula
06-05-2005, 08:26 PM
That's old news... America already knew Monica Lewinski was behind the Deepthroat controversy for several years now.

oh, wait... wrong scandal.

Toolie
06-05-2005, 09:50 PM
His personal motives for doing what he did were dirty. He was pissed that Nixon didn't give him his appointed spot he wanted, and he had the dirt to leak out to the press to bring him down in sweet revenge. Felt (Deep Throat) knows this, and he's ashamed as all shit over it because that's the only reason he did it.

The fact of the matter is, by doing it, he brought down a corrupt administration and saved a good amount of political freedoms here that would have been sacrificed in the name of the Republicans. And for that, he is a sort of hero in ways because he did a lot to stop this. It's arguable that without him, he still would have been brought down anyway. But his actions accelerated the process quite a bit.