PDA

View Full Version : Be patient as I'm still VERY new to ZQuest.....

UltimaSanctum
05-31-2005, 06:38 PM
To be plain and simple, I'm a dense person.
Some of this stuff is kinda confusing, but I'm getting better.
I need to know how to get BS graphics, how to make doors go somewhere, and well, that's about it......OH!
And how do I make a title screen?
Thanks.

Love For Fire
05-31-2005, 10:17 PM
I don't remember exactly because I use Pure, (and I really don't like the BS set) but to get the BS graphics for your quest you can open up examplebs1st.qst and then export the graphics pack, or the tileset or whatever.

Start up a new project, then import your graphics pack or tileset or whatever, and then you will have BS graphics.

As for your other questions... you should really read the tutorials. Alphadawg's tutorial helps with a lot of beginner ideas, such as making a dungeon, shops, and pretty much what you'll need to know to make a complete game. Idontknow's tutorial has more advanced tricks such as treasure chests and layers (layers are how you will make your title screen). Both tutorial links can be found in this ZC Quest editor topic.

Rakki
06-01-2005, 12:19 AM
Actually, Love For Fire, examplebs1st.qst is passworded for some reason, so he can't get it from there. Besides, you have to start with a quest in version 1.92 then enable BS graphics there, and then transfer it over to 2.10 to get BS graphics to work. Anyway, there are a couple BS tilesets you can just download and start making your quest with, on version 2.10, which you can get from www.purezc.com. Just download them, then open the file in ZQuest and delete all the screens and maps, and you're set to go. You might have to change some of the Quest rules though, if you don't like which ones are already checked.

UltimaSanctum
06-01-2005, 04:10 PM
Thanks guys, I'll read up on the tutorial, and I'll download the tiles.
Thanks for the help! ^-^