PDA

View Full Version : Dongeon Entrance

Vipershark
05-31-2005, 07:52 AM
Okay, I am making a dungeon. I want it so link walks inside a tree and goes there. The entrance is on screen 47. The dungeon is on screen 70,( but you put 72 on the tile warp screen.) Okay, when i test my quest, I go into the entrance and I get a gray screen with the dungeon music, but link isn't on the screen and I can't get out of it. I remember in another quest that I was making that I got around this, but I don't remember how I did it and casadealphadawg's guide isn't helping. any help? ( the exit tile warp works just fine but the entrance doesn't.)

Sephiroth
05-31-2005, 01:35 PM
Okay, I am making a dungeon. I want it so link walks inside a tree and goes there. The entrance is on screen 47. The dungeon is on screen 70,( but you put 72 on the tile warp screen.) Okay, when i test my quest, I go into the entrance and I get a gray screen with the dungeon music, but link isn't on the screen and I can't get out of it. I remember in another quest that I was making that I got around this, but I don't remember how I did it and casadealphadawg's guide isn't helping. any help? ( the exit tile warp works just fine but the entrance doesn't.)
Check your layers.. Are you sure you don't have bad layers on the screen?

Vipershark
05-31-2005, 04:40 PM
I'm not using any layers. I am doing this after casadealphadawg's guide and it doesn't say anything about layers.

Rakki
05-31-2005, 04:47 PM
Well, is the offset of the warp too little or too much? Check the screen number of where it's taking you and then compare it to the screen you want to go to. You said the screen you want it to take you to is 70, but you set the warp for 72, but if the Dmap isn't offset at all, then it's going to take you to screen 72 instead of screen 70.

ShadowTiger
05-31-2005, 04:47 PM
( the exit tile warp works just fine but the entrance doesn't.)... Wait, explain this part please.

Zelda Master
05-31-2005, 04:48 PM
hmm.. look at the Dmap in the Dmap screen. you see that

bar? if it moves LEFT, SUBTRACT ONE if it is RIGHT, ADD ONE.

and just keep testing the warps to see if you get it right.

example: in my quest, I was tilewarping to screen 56 [Dungeon Entrance]

but it took me to screen 1A! So I just kept trying tilewarps and eventually,

it took me to where it was supposed to go.