PDA

View Full Version : questions on enemies, triforce etc.

KlonoaDreamer
05-30-2005, 07:18 PM
I can or can't make my own enemies/use ones ripped from other games etc. ?

the triforce is limited to how many pieces?

Do I even have to use the triforce in making a custom game, and if I do does it have to look like the triforce or can I use my own graphic thats broken up into pieces and reassembled into a solid image?

Can I use graphics I got from other games but didn't use the tile grabber to do it? how?

Is there a tutorial on making your own color pallet / csets and tile set?

Sorry, I am still in the Story/mapping/planning part of my quest, it's like writing a book i tell ya.

ShadowTiger
05-30-2005, 07:32 PM
Replies In Bold. :)

I can or can't make my own enemies/use ones ripped from other games etc. ? No. You CAN, however, replace the graphics for the ones already present with your own custom graphics, or rip them from other games. It's just the graphics you can change, not the behavior of the enemies, or even the behavior of the graphics.

the triforce is limited to how many pieces? Eight. :) But there are quest rules affecting how many actually show up. I never actually use these rules though, so we'll wait until someone can answer this better than I can.

Do I even have to use the triforce in making a custom game, and if I do does it have to look like the triforce or can I use my own graphic thats broken up into pieces and reassembled into a solid image? Oh, no, you don't, really. You can create your quest any way you'd like, really. Heck, you can even go on a quest gathering the triforces, then end up not having needed them to get past that old guy at all. ;) Your quest is 100% yours. No Zelda tradition must impede you. ;-D

Can I use graphics I got from other games but didn't use the tile grabber to do it? how? Well, if you don't rip them, you can draw them yourself. Ripping them is the only way to use custom graphics, aside from starting your quest in a tileset that's ALREADY ripped all the graphics and done all that work for you.

Is there a tutorial on making your own color pallet / csets and tile set? Oh, yeah, sure. Check either the AGN ZQuest help forum two forums down, or check This (http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?act=SF&f=6) forum for some nice tutorials.

Sorry, I am still in the Story/mapping/planning part of my quest, it's like writing a book i tell ya. No problem. ;) All very good questions. Thanks for asking, and I hope this helped.

Rakki
05-30-2005, 07:43 PM
To answer the question about the number of Triforce pieces, since BH couldn't, the limit for Triforce pieces is 3 big, 4 big, 6 small, or 8 small pieces. There's a quest rule to use "Big Triforce Pieces" which makes each Triforce piece you get take up two spaces instead of one(piece 1 takes up spaces 1 and 5, 2 takes up 2 and 6, 3 takes up 3 and 7, 4 takes up 4 and 8). There's also a quest rule to use "3 or 6 Triforce Pieces" which makes it so you only need 6 small pieces, or 3 large pieces of the Triforce to have it complete. And of course, there's the original, 8 piece Triforce.

KlonoaDreamer
05-30-2005, 10:33 PM
Thank you and Thank you and Thank you...
K D

ZeldaLord
06-02-2005, 03:34 PM
At the moment, you can't really change what the triforce pieces look like, because they are all really just one tile, flipped and rotated to fit (though I remember reading some time back that this might be changing sometime in the future). As for numbers, you can have either 3, 4, 6, or 8 pieces, by using the quest rules Rakki mentioned.

looney linklord
06-04-2005, 01:05 AM
hey! could someone tell me how to change what enemies look like. im trying to make a quest with(im not going to tell 'cause SOME people might try to COPY ^_^

Rakki
06-04-2005, 03:20 AM
You have to edit the existing enemy tiles to change them. Find out which enemies are which by looking at the New Enemy Tiles pdf file.

Spudnickator
06-04-2005, 05:03 AM
At the moment, you can't really change what the triforce pieces look like, because they are all really just one tile, flipped and rotated to fit (though I remember reading some time back that this might be changing sometime in the future). As for numbers, you can have either 3, 4, 6, or 8 pieces, by using the quest rules Rakki mentioned.

I've changed what the tri-force pieces look like. They fit in fine (sorta)

looney linklord
06-05-2005, 01:42 AM
you mean you have to edit the enemy tiles?
im trying to change what the darknut death knight looks like

Madman200
06-12-2005, 09:47 PM
Then you must change the entire Darknut graphical. Quest -> Graphics -> Tiles if you didn't know.

Rakki
06-13-2005, 08:21 PM
He doesn't have to change the WHOLE Darknut look, he can simply change what the Death Knight looks like. Open up the "New Enemy Tiles" PDF file and see what numbers are next to Darknut Death Knight, then go edit those tile numbers in ZC.