PDA

View Full Version : Revolution to have parental controls?

Ganondork
05-29-2005, 10:14 PM
Every thing points to parental controls for the rev. Think about it, the XBox 360 has it, the PS3 will probably have it, and family friendly interface is what nintendo is going for with the rev! In fact, givin this, it wouldn't make sense for the rev to NOT have parental controls.

Orion
05-29-2005, 10:23 PM
Why didn't you just post this in the already existing Revo. thread?

http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=85800

And whether it has them or not, what difference does it make? The only reason they would matter is if you are 12 and your parents still take care of everything for you. And judging by how you act on these boards, my guess is that includes you.

vegeta1215
05-30-2005, 02:38 PM
Although his question is about the Revolution, this topic could stretch out to other consoles in general, so it is okay for him to have a separate topic.

What kind of controls would be put on the systems? Kids would still need their parents to buy their games for them. Even with downloadable games, someone will have to foot the bill - kids won't be able to since they don't have credit cards. I'm sure Nintendo will provide some kind of gift certificate service so a parent could buy so many credits for the downloadable games that a kid could use to buy the games he chooses - if that were the case, I'm sure that the parent would be able to choose which set of games their child would be able to get with their credits (like only E rated games for instance)

Masamune
05-30-2005, 07:04 PM
Since I'm the only person in my house hold who buys and plays videogames, the system would be mine and my parents would have no right to fuck with it. Even if it were there's they wouldn't know shit about the parental controls. So I don't think you need to worry unless you're like 8 years old or something (which is entirely possible =\) and you need your 'rents to buy you one. Hell, my mom watched me play Mortal Kombat: Deception and saw me make my own head explode. All she could say was ask me why I played such violent games. To which I replied, "Bitch, get me a soda."

AlexMax
05-30-2005, 07:34 PM
Why didn't you just post this in the already existing Revo. thread?

http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?t=85800

And whether it has them or not, what difference does it make? The only reason they would matter is if you are 12 and your parents still take care of everything for you. And judging by how you act on these boards, my guess is that includes you.

Exactly. Let's keep all revolution related discussion in one thread, please.