PDA

View Full Version : Zelda: zero quest (awesome remake)

King Aquamentus
05-29-2005, 09:14 PM
I'm working on a PROPER remake of the first quest. in this quest, The general idea is:"what metroid zero mission is to metroid, this will be to zelda." already, I have:

Day/night system(determined by what dungeons you leave)
slash(seriously, how can I not have it?)
remodeled dungeons 1-8 (very much like modern 2d zeldas)
old man at the beginning is replaced by impa.

(I may change this for a "chapter 2-second quest-dark world"sorta thing): can get pretty much all items except the lens of truth.

I'm working on making dungeons utilize items better.

Also, Link has been remodeled to look like he does in the artwork to the game.

most all graphics have been enhanced(still many 8-bit looking sprites)

I'd hate to release it now, cause' I'd keep working on it and keep releasing better versions, which I don't think would be fair to the people who play the quest.

Well, I hope all turns out okay.

Ganondork
05-29-2005, 10:26 PM
Nothing personal but...

I HATE REMAKES!

Toaofgamecube
05-29-2005, 10:41 PM
this one will be cool though... I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Strider1982
05-29-2005, 11:45 PM
A day and night system. Sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works out. I don't think I've seen any quests that use that feature yet.

I'm also working on a 1st quest remake (more like an "adaptation," as there's plenty of new stuff), "The Legend of Sonic the Hedgehog." I've posted some screenshots in the "Post Screenshots Here" thread.

King Aquamentus
05-29-2005, 11:52 PM
My main problems so far are...

No spin attack (c'mon guys, It wouldn't be modern 2d Zelda without it...)

I Need a REALLY good version of the Zelda 1 overworld tune.(many times in the series, I have found myself drawn into buying a Zelda game just because of their rendition of the Zelda theme. What I need here is a version of the song that will BLOW YOU AWAY. You'll want to stay on the overworld just to hear it!) It must have the rhythm of the Z1 overworld tune, and it must have that melody as well. (I can't use Link's Awakening because the entire second half is different.) Sigh.
So far, I haven't found this "Dream" overworld tune. :(
(Imagine a version good enough to make you cry.)

Some day, they will have an arrow counter. I'll have to see that.

I'd love to include better minigames than "MONEY MAKING GAME", but there's one problem with my method of flags and item placement and such: you can only get the prize once. okay if it's something like a heart piece, but bad if you just wanted a few rupees...

It's in Standard animation, and I have no plans to convert it to BS animation.

Due to limitations on Zelda Classic's part, it's far from ready, but I can see it...

Oh, and about quests that use day/night, the BS Zelda remake has that.

Anyways, I'll add some screenshots. You can see how far I am.

Strider1982
05-30-2005, 12:12 AM
I don't know if this is any help and I'm sure you've probably checked there already, but www.vgmusic.com (http://www.vgmusic.com) has some highly impressive MIDI renditions of the classic Zelda theme.

Dark Entity
05-30-2005, 12:44 AM
Building off of Strider1982's suggestion for vgmusic.com, I think that a truly incredible Overworld Theme is the Zeldatronic Remix which is here:

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/nes/DL_Zeldatronic3.mid

It has a "sweeping plains of infinity" feel to it, and although music usually doesn't make me cry, it's incredible, give it a listen. :)

EDIT: I'm excited to see what your remake will have to offer, it sounds very promising, so keep at it! :thumbsup: Oh, and I'd like to see some screens if you have any to show off.

King Aquamentus
05-30-2005, 01:00 AM
Already checked VGmusic. In fact, it's my primary source. I've been up and down google looking for a good overworld, but just haven't found it. And none of your suggestions match. It needs to have the same rhythm and melody as the original, only this one will be one of the most beautiful versions of the song. Ever.

New problem: I have no way to host my quest. I mean, I'm not gonna build a website just so I can submit my quest. (even it is for free.)