PDA

View Full Version : Who is your absolute favorite character?

Blackguard
05-29-2005, 07:29 PM
I'd like to learn more about some of you, and I think that a lot can be said for a person by who their favorite character is; a character that you would absolutely be proud to be if you could live inside a game. For you, who is this character? Please tell us why too.

My personal favorite character is Barney Calhoun from Half-Life. I really admire this guy's bravery and sense of humor. For those who don't know, Barney is the best friend of Gordon Freeman, the silent protagonist of the series. Barney worked as a security guard at the Black Mesa Research Facility. After his escape from the disaster, he became an undercover agent in the oppresive Combine Overwatch regime. It is always a delight to fight side by side with Barney, and even in the toughest situations he can still crack a good joke and you always get the feeling that when the job is over, there will be cold beers for everyone.

Orion
05-29-2005, 08:15 PM
Vivi from FF9. You can't help but love him!

Archibaldo
05-29-2005, 08:50 PM
Kratos Aurion from Tales of Symphonia.

Ganondork
05-29-2005, 08:52 PM
Of couse it's my idol

Ganon

Strider1982
05-29-2005, 11:59 PM
Link and Sonic the Hedgehog are almost tied for my favorite video game character.

DarkDragoonX
05-30-2005, 12:06 AM
Nall from LUNAR, of course.

Master Ghaleon
05-30-2005, 04:05 AM
Master Ghaleon from LUNAR, of course ;)

Brasel
05-30-2005, 06:28 AM
Solid Snake, or Squall Leonhard from FF8.

Carcer
05-30-2005, 06:42 AM
Raine from Tales of Symphonia (Same style as the last time I said this)
Because support characters in RPGs are the most important, after all.

Kairyu
05-30-2005, 05:44 PM
Anji Mito, from Guilty Gear. I like his entire personality, and he has some serious skill for a guy who fights with fans.

MANDRAG GANON
05-30-2005, 10:36 PM
Mr.Ganondorf Dragmire
ah-yessum sir!

Strider1982
05-31-2005, 12:56 AM
Now that I think about it, I think I prefer Zelda more than Link...

I've actually created a game with RPG Maker in which Zelda fights alongside Link and two new characters (a Goron named Spartix and a Zora named Nahj).

I could probably show you guys some of my drawings of Zelda characters sometime.

Verman
05-31-2005, 09:17 AM
Simon from castlevania.

Good tunes, good enemies and a kick ass whip!

(this is for video games of course :D all time best comic characters are Wolverine and Silver Surfer)

Dechipher
05-31-2005, 02:07 PM
Geno from Super Mario RPG.

I'm not sure why, but I've always wanted to be like him.

That, or kirby....Be bitesize, but still able to kick some serious ass.

ShadowTiger
05-31-2005, 02:34 PM
Geez, no idea. ... Short List. In No Particular Order: ..

1) Colette From Tales Of Symphonia. She has the whole weight of the world on her shoulders, yet never complains. O_O She also gets to fly, and goes through quite the interesting process.
2) Kratos Aurion, from the same game. So confident, so .. keen. Undeniably so. He also has his OWN battle theme song. Only the final, final boss has that. :naughty:
3) Regal Bryant, ... ... Dear lord, ... Also from ToS. :odd: Yeah, the game has some IMPRESSIVE characterization, apparently. ;)
4) Alucard from Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night. Face it. The dude's a total badass.
5) Yeah, Geno's cool. But not very high on my list. I wouldn't forget about him though. ;)
6) ... Actually, Verman, I'll take Simon too. Throw in Richter while you're at it. Juste, can't forget him. Hell, I'll even take Maxim and Maria. I hear Maria can KICK ASS!!! I've yet to see this though.

Great Warrior
06-01-2005, 06:37 AM
Sephiroth definitely and I love Dark nation.

Darth Marsden
06-01-2005, 09:54 AM
Toughie. Until SEGA can finally make a decent Sonic game, I'll go with Cloud from Final Fantasy VII, for being able to pull of the near-impossible task of having a really sissy name but still being totally kick-ass and have everyone respect you.

TheNewLink
06-02-2005, 04:06 PM
Zelos Wilder, from Tales of Symphonia. By far the funniest character EVER. Always liked him, from the very first meeting in which Psycho-Colette pwnz him to the very end. You know the typical unsuccessful ladies' man. Edgar, Zidane, meet the universe's most successful ladies' man. Heck, he even gets a title for talking to every woman in the whole game.

He goes deeper than that, though. Without revealing anything... wow. I'd go psycho if I had a past like THAT. And yet, he manages to be hilarious in nearly every conversation he's in. As an added bonus, he is one of the best all-around fighting characters in the game, tying with Kratos (considering he's an in-battle clone of K). In my imagination, there is an incredibly funny conversation with the final boss that goes kind of like this:

Zelos: Wow, you're psycho. What gives?
Final Boss: Prepare to die, fool!
Z: Hey hey, let's not. I have the perfect solution!
FB: Infomercials like this are why I'm mad at the world. Universe. Whatever.
Z: If we make a truce, how about I show you how to strike fangirl gold!
FB: Fangirls? But that's Sephiroth's territory! And besides, SHE is why I'm being mega-psycho in the first place. So shut up and prepare to die!!

And so on. Also, any sequels to ToS, whether official or fan-made, MUST involve Zelos. Period. He's just too great a character to exclude.