PDA

View Full Version : Super Smash Bros. Revolution

idontknow
05-29-2005, 05:38 PM
What characters would you want for Super Smash Bros. Revolution?

I would like:
1) Mario
2) Luigi
3) Bowser
4) Peach
5) DK
6) Yoshi
7) Link
8) Zelda
9) Shiek
10) Ganondorf
11) Kirby
12) Samus
13) Roy
14) Ness
15) Pikachu
16) Jigglypuff
17) Captain Falcon
18) Star Fox
19) Falco

Unlockables:
1) Darunia (or a Goron like Majora's Mask's Goron Link)
2) Zora Link (Or a Zora like Zora Link from Majora's Mask)
3) Saria
4) King K. Rool
5) Diddy Kong
6) Dixie Kong
7) Birdo
8) King DeeDee
9) Metaknight
10) Waddle Dee
11) Marth
12) Charmander
13) Mewtwo
14) Racoon Mario (The one from Super Mario Bros. 3 for NES, where you use the Leaf item, but in 3D!--And with a different name)
15) Star Wolf
16) Krystal
17) Slippy
18) Dr. Mario
19) Wario

19 Regulars + 19 unlockables= 38 Great New Characters!

Ganondork
05-29-2005, 05:58 PM
Here's mine
(anything that has already been put up by idontknow is left out)
Unlockable characters
1. Mr.Resetti
2. Reggie (can't wait to see his taunt!)
Unlockable stages
1.Some important area from TP
2.Bowser's Castle
3. Wishing well

Strider1982
05-29-2005, 06:24 PM
Although I doubt most of, if any of these characters will make it, here's some ideas:

- All the characters from Melee EXCEPT Pichu.
- Hammer Bros. Mario
- Raccoon Mario
- Tanooki Mario
- Tryclyde the 3-Headed Snake from SMB2
- TOAD (He hasn't gotten a chance to be a hero since SMB2)
- Agahnim
- Darunia or Darmani (Goron Link)
- Impa
- Mikau (Guitar-wielding Zora Link)
- Nabooru
- Ganondorf wielding the 2 swords from Wind Waker
- Dinolfos
- Little Mac
- King Hippo or Super Macho Man
- Krystal
- Slippy Toad
- Ganon in his pig form
- Kaptain K. Rool
- Funky Kong
- Diddy Kong
- Pit from Kid Icarus
- Bayou Billy
- Master Higgins from "Adventure Island"
- Horsehead or Link's Shadow from Adventure of Link
- Link in his wolf form

Now I am almost POSITIVE these won't happen:
- Smithy from SMRPG (a SquareSoft character)
- Phantom Ganon
- Sonic
- Tails
- Knuckles
- Shadow
- Captain N! Just kidding...

Dechipher
05-29-2005, 07:09 PM
Don't forget the koopa kids.
I'd like to see less throwaway characters as well. If Diddy is added, I don't want him to be a donkey duplicate. I want different button combonations for everyone. I want diversity.

Yoshiman
05-29-2005, 08:26 PM
About every character from Melee, except for Dr. Mario, Ice Climbers, and Pichu. Dr. Mario doesn't have much diffrence from Mario, and Pichu only hurts himself, and isn't any stronger. The Ice Climbers feel way too loose to use.

As for characters I'd like to see the clones given their own set of moves, and a few new ones added.

Metroid

-Ridley. He could be about the same size as Bowser. In the first Metroid game, he was just about the same size as Samus.
-Dark Samus. Not the exact same as Samus, but with different abilities involving the Phazon energy.

Fire Emblem

-Lyn. We need a few fast characters, and she'd fit perfectly.
-Fa/Myrrh. Gotta have a Mamakute. Could be like Zelda/Sheik.
-Lilina. It'd be nice to see a mage in SSB.

Kirby

-King Dedede. Slow, but able to fly like Kirby, and stronger.
-Meta Knight. SWOOOOORD.

Starfox

-Krystal. Staff abilites and speed.
-Slippy. Maybe more technological weapons like bombs and such?

I feel that these series are lacking in characters. Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon already have enough.

DarkDragoonX
05-29-2005, 09:05 PM
First and foremost, I'd like to see Pit make an appearance.

After that, I'd like to see the cast from SSB:M make a return, except for a few (Like Pichu. Why would anyone play as a shittier version of Pikachu?). I would alos like to see the percentage of pokemon-related characters lowered in general, come to think of it. One or two playabe pokemon is fine, but I'd rather see the rest as summons from pokeballs.

I agree with Yoshiman that Krystal from SFA would make a fun character. Also, Wario would make a nice character, since his skillset is substanially different from Mario's.

idontknow
05-29-2005, 11:11 PM
After thinking about it some more, I actually have thought of people that shouldn't return & reasons why:

1) Doctor Mario: Kinda cool to have him in Melee just for something different but now that we see him, we know he doesn't play much different than regular mario. However, a Mario of a different sort, can look like mario but with different moves (like a Racoon mario can use his tail to hurt enemies & could have multiple jumps or fly, making him substantially different

2) Pichu: Simply put, he (or she) plays as a rather useless character, and i'm not just saying that cuz i dont like using any pokemon. Its just a character with nothing significant to offer

3) Mr. Game & Watch: I think he's pretty dumb--its like they wanted to feature a 2D character in a more 3D game to wow gamers, and to bring back this 'classic' but i had never even heard of him til this game & i think he's pretty worthless too.

4) Young Link: I think he should be replaced by another form of Link, such as Zora Link, who would play significantly different than regular Link, cuz he could maybe use his barrier to harm people up close & could also throw his two b'rangs at once!

5) Ice Climbers: WORTHLESS! What stupid characters to include in such a game!

Gerudo
05-29-2005, 11:27 PM
I could beat your ass with them. How many kills can you get in Ice Climbers' Endless Melee, huh? I got ~230 or so. I also do damn good with them in melee mode. Worthless? I think not.

I want to see less dupicates, so Mario, Tanooki Mario, and Whatever Mario would be all the same. Maybe make the different colors (like blue could be Tanooki Mario). That way you could have a diverse character variety.

My picks?
Sonic & Tails, of course.
Pit, from Kid Icarus.
MetaKnight (fuckin right!)
Krystal from Star Fox (as long as she's in the outfits from Adventures & Assault! <3)

Strider1982
05-29-2005, 11:34 PM
Instead of different variations of Mario maybe there could be character-specific items that would allow Mario to use different suits/powers (Fiery, Raccoon, Frog, Tanooki, Hammer Bros., Metal Mario, Winged Cap, Cape, etc.)

Mario should fight with a plunger for once. After all, he is a plumber...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Waluigi, Wart, and Ludwig von Koopa as character suggestions...

idontknow
05-29-2005, 11:45 PM
Actually, i was thinking something like the above poster (Strider).
You unlock different 'outfits' for each person--an outfit not only changes a person's appearance, but also features alternate moves (although main moves like punches & stuff would be the same) Note that an outfit can actually be an entirely different character (although from the same game), but is selected by choosing one character & pressing an "Alternate Costume" button.

Examples (Main characters & their alternate "costumes"):

1) Mario
--Doctor Mario (throws pills instead of fireballs)
--Raccoon Mario (spins & hits opponents with tail instead of throwing fireballs & has multiple jumps or sorta flies)
--Hammer Brother (throws hammers instead of fireballs)
--Wario (throws bombs (like Link somewhat) instead of fireballs)

2) Star Fox (him & all alternates can shoot the lazer gun)
--Slippy
--Falco
--Krystal (has some staff moves that replace some of Fox's moves)
--Star Wolf

3) Yoshi (all these guys can spin in their shell--yoshi has green shell)
--Boshi (blue shell)
--Birdo (pink shell, can also spit small eggs from her mouth

4) Bowser (all have spiked shell & breathe fire)
--GigaBowser
--Bowser Jr.
--Wendy Koopa
--Lugwig Koopa

5) Link
--Young Link (younger version of Link, as in SSBM)
--Zora Link (he throws two b'rangs & kicks enemies)
--Goron Link (packs a mean punch! & can do the goron roll!)
--Sauria (similiar clothing & also has a sword, quite similar to Young Link, in female form)

And not all characters would have alternates, nor would those with alternates have the same number of alternates--it would just allow for more 'characters' while taking up less space on the character select menu.

If you've played the new Tekken (ps2), you'll know what i'm talking about here. Press one button (like X) to select the mainchracter, press another (like O) to select an alternate character or costume. For example, you can play as "Eddy" by pressing a certain button for selecting "Kristy"

Gerudo
05-30-2005, 11:23 AM
omfg...

Thanks for ripping my post. If you actually read it, you'd know thats what I suggested.

Dechipher
05-30-2005, 01:46 PM
Actually, Geru, you said different colors, while they were talking about items, I believe, that would change your appearance.

Colors would be cool, but the items would make them seem more special. Either way would work.

But Luigi needs different moves

vegeta1215
05-30-2005, 02:58 PM
After thinking about it some more, I actually have thought of people that shouldn't return & reasons why:
2) Pichu: Simply put, he (or she) plays as a rather useless character, and i'm not just saying that cuz i dont like using any pokemon. Its just a character with nothing significant to offer

3) Mr. Game & Watch: I think he's pretty dumb--its like they wanted to feature a 2D character in a more 3D game to wow gamers, and to bring back this 'classic' but i had never even heard of him til this game & i think he's pretty worthless too.

4) Young Link: I think he should be replaced by another form of Link, such as Zora Link, who would play significantly different than regular Link, cuz he could maybe use his barrier to harm people up close & could also throw his two b'rangs at once!

I agree that Pichu is pretty useless, but the others have their advantages.

Mr Game and Watch and Ice Climbers can be very powerful if you know how to use them. Unfortunately most people don't know how to use them, so they come off as being some of the worst characters in the game.

I like Young Link. He plays like Link, but slightly different. His hurricane spin move packs a different kind of punch too.

ShadowTiger
05-30-2005, 03:38 PM
Aye, very true. You really can't discount any character as "useless" though, as surely SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE has found a use for them. :shrug: I keep hearing people say that Link sucks. I kick serious arse as Link, (I'm undefeated as Link, at least.) but people tend to think he's cheap because of his spin attack. But if you don't USE that attack, (Except to get back up on platforms, and give waiting ledge-killers a slash.) then it's not quite as cheap, is it.

Everyone has their own preferences for players. If we're not in their shoes, we can't really say the character should be discounted. I've seen ALL of the characters in SSBM used to their maximum potential, so I'll just say, "Add more characters in the next SSB game, and sit back and watch the carnage as someone masters them yet again."

Kairyu
05-30-2005, 06:05 PM
What's up with the senseless Pichu bashing? He rocks. Seriously. He's like a Pikachu that can actually move enemies with his attacks. So he takes 1-3 damage from certain attacks, just learn to hit enemies more often. He's great at dodging attacks, so you can often avoid heavy hitters with a little practice. And he's got that whole siezure thing going on. Pikachu, now he's useless. He doesn't deal self-damage, but he can't kill anyone, just deal a little damage.

I'd like to see Hawke, from Advance Wars. He was an awesome boss. Way better than Sturm.

*b*
05-30-2005, 06:54 PM
I actually came up with a list of who I'd like to see (that would actually make it), and how you'd unlock them. I will say, that I would love nintendo forever if they didn't do anything, or much, to the graphics, and focused more on more characters, levels, and stuff like that

I'll dig up that list in a bit

Masamune
05-30-2005, 07:00 PM
I used to be able to kick ass with Mr. Game and Watch. That'd piss all my friends off so much. ^_^

BTW @ *b*.

Where did you get that avatar!? =o

Axel
05-30-2005, 09:29 PM
I'd love to see Toad, Geno, and Mallow. I mean, you could kick some serious ass whipping out a Geno Beam in that game.

ShadowTiger
05-30-2005, 10:06 PM
Oh, holy shizzle you're right! All we really need are more characters to enjoy, and possibly, more gameplay elements involved. Nothing limiting, but just more nice little features to really brighten your day. Things like the "R+Down" and such. That was definitely cool.

Definitely add Gorons and Zoras.

Master Ghaleon
05-30-2005, 10:29 PM
I kicked ass with Mr Game & Watch. Ice Climbers i could never do anything with them, always got beat using them. I wouldnt mind seein pichu again, I did pretty good with him.

Shoelace
05-30-2005, 10:40 PM
In the next SSB, I want them to keep all of the same ones, except Dr. Mario since their is no real difference. I can see him being replaced by Paper Mario. I also think Young Link will be changed to the WW Link. The characters that they add have to be great characters. Here are a couple that I think IS going to happen:

Wario - I can't believe he wasn't there in the first place. But now that all of the Warioware games came out, I know he is.

Olimar - The star of Pikmin is going to be in it, I just know it. I can also see an item of Pikmin attacking an oppentent.

Pit - He hasn't stared in a game in a long time. Since Miyamoto hinted in other Kid Icraus game, I can see him in the game.

Meta Knight - The more I think about it, the more I think that this character would be so kick butt. I think Nintendo will listen to the fans and put him in, and since the cartoon made this character famous.

Issac - They need a Golden Sun character in there. I am not sure if Nintendo knows that they have gold in their hands. Since Nintendo and Camelot are close, I can see this one.

Diddy - With all of the Mario characters, I can't believe they forgot about Diddy. He isn't my favorite monkey in the game (Dixie), but there are a long of fans of Diddy.

Toad - I don't know why, but I think that he will be in this game as long with the Mario Party's for the Revolution.

Well, that is my list.

vegeta1215
05-31-2005, 12:21 AM
In regards to your post Kairyu, I forgot about those traits Pichu has. Even so, I'm not a big fan of him cause he is so small and imo easy to send flying.

Shoelace, nice idea for Wario. Like you said, I'm surprised he hasn't already been in a Smash Bros game. Wario is a lot bigger than Mario, so he could probably deal out some powerful and unique attacks.

Strider1982
05-31-2005, 12:49 AM
I forgot about the Golden Sun characters. Yeah, Isaac, Garret, Mia, Jenna, Felix or one of those guys would make an awesome addition. I'd love to see Link vs. the Golden Sun guys.

I'd also like to see Mouser or Wart from SMB2, though I doubt seriously that they'll make it.

Darth Marsden
06-01-2005, 10:02 AM
I'm surprised only one person mentioned Shadow Link. That would kick ass.

I'd also like to see Wario, Waluigi (I ALWAYS pick him in Mario Party), Sonic, Isaac (Golden Sun), Krystal (Star Fox) and Dark Samus. And the best part is, most of those are feasable.

Dechipher
06-01-2005, 01:27 PM
Sonic ain't happening.

I think it would be nice if Nintendo had at least 100 characters. I mean, a character bank, and they could add a lot of characters, and it would add a LOT more replay value, because you'd take forever being able to play all them. So long as they weren't crappy.
In most games more doesn't mean better, but in SSB it would really add a lot.

idontknow
06-01-2005, 01:34 PM
I think Shadow Link should be a boss for the main game...i think there should be a new character-specific "Story Mode"--its different from adventure in that, as like i said, is specific to each character so that the enemies you encounter are based on the character you play as, and also there should be brief cutscenes between each stage. Should be like 12 stages long & can save btwn stages until you finish it or quit.

Here's a little outline of the character you play as & the boss he'll encounter:
1) Mario: Bowser and then he becomes Gigabowser* near the end of battle.
2) Luigi: King Boo* (last stage, he battles a bunch of boos atop his mansion & then final King Boo appears)
3) Peach: Bowser, atop her castle
4) Link: Ganondorf, atop Gandorf's Castle, and then he turns into Ganon after his stock runs out.
5) Zelda: Shadow Link*, at Hyrule Castle Ruins
6) Bowser: Metal Mario* (cutscene shows Mario hitting a green block & becoming metal)
7) Samus: Kraid*
8) Kirby: King DeeDee
9) Pikachu: Charizard*
10) Fox: Star Wolf, atop the Great Fox
11) DK: King K. Rool
12) Diddy Kong: Giant DK*
13) Ganondorf: Link & Zelda together
14) King K. Rool: DK & Diddy together
15) Bowser Jr: Shadow Mario*
16) Jigglypuff: Wigglypuff*

*Indicates a boss in the game but not otherwise a playable character.

Just a few examples

Grasshopper
06-01-2005, 04:37 PM
Olimar - The star of Pikmin is going to be in it, I just know it. I can also see an item of Pikmin attacking an oppentent.

Ha, I thought I'd be the only one to mention him. I don't know much of what he would attack with, since Pikmin do all his work, but that'd be about all Olimar would need to do. Pikmin are quite ravenous, especially in large groups. I stand by the fact that any major game or movie villian can easily be taken out with Pikmin of varying quantities. :D

But if Nintendo were to do something like Capcom Vs games where there is a large selection of characters to choose from, you gotta include some good obscure Nintendo franchises.

Mike (Star Tropics) With his Yo-Yo, Shooting Star, or Super Nova. There was even several laser guns or the baseball that Mike could throw at opponents. And while Mike is in it, you might as well throw in his villian, and put Zoda in it as well.

KingArthur
06-02-2005, 12:56 PM
as long as i still have Jigglypuff i'm happy, i love pulling it out on those stupid noobs that think its worthless. Also, keep samus's long beam trick, thats another one to suprise people with.

And.. Since this game is online, it adds the possibility that nintendo will offer new characters, stages, and items for download.. a scweet idea.

Ganondork
06-06-2005, 08:37 PM
I like the story mode idea in place of adventure mode, but ALL characters should be ulockable. The only thing I was dissapointed with in SSBM is that sandbag, the hands, and the wireframes wern't ulockable. i was expecting something really hard to unlock those characters with such as, sandbag: smash sandbag over 7000feet with captainf. If I had made the game, I would have made every last thing unlockable, but add the "super secret stuff" but make it really, really hard to unlock. Like, beat the game 100% to unlock the beta stage and character (atriangle) and make the trophy stages available when you have 999 of every trophy. (exept for the special ones, like the ones you win in events or something)

I also think, in addition to the AC edge on the hardcore side, you can make a characterand give it its own stats, ect. and if you beat a person's custom character in an online match, you can "steal" one of thier moves if you meet certain requirements when you defeat them (like killing all of thier stock in a certain time). And for reference, an AC hardcore edge is when you play through the game normally, then after you beat it 100% and you just replay it, then you see some glitches that are really hard to use but can do some pretty awesome stuff. Like glitch items and getting to the glitch canyon ( a part of the river that is only accesible when you use the "walk on water" glich).

Axel
06-06-2005, 09:18 PM
I've seen people kickass as Jiggly, but I could never figure it out. When I need a fluffball I guess I'm stuck with Kirby....

Now, honestly, how would you play as sandbag? It has no moves. And the hands aren't designed to have moves you could possibly control. You have to learn totally new controls to do it, and considering that the hands have moves sending them offscreen it'd get even weirder.

Olimar'd be cool though. I seem to remember him banging stuff with his helmet, so you've got something to work on for his physical attacks. And what difference does it make if all his special moves use Pikmin, that's the idea behind them.

The problem with the large number of characters in SSB is that it seems like eventually the designers run out of ideas and just start remodeling existing characters. I mean look and Ganondorf and Captain Falcon. After you get over how cool playing as Ganondorf is you realize there's not much difference. Or Falco and Fox. Link and Young Link. Mario, Luigi, and Doctor Mario. Marth and Roy. Pikachu and Pichu. Sure the stats change a little, and the moves get tweaked a bit. But is there's not really much of a change. The moves don't change, except to do more or less damage or have a backlash.
Now here's what I'm thinking for Fox and Falco. Having them both is cool, but there needs to be some change. Let's just look at Star Fox: Assault for ideas. Fox can use the standard chargable blaster and Falco can use the machine gun, for starters, that gives us something. Now lets play on that speed motif for Falco. Why not make Fox a more balanced character, while Falco sacrifices strength for speed. Going with that let's slow down Fox's A attack while leaving Falco's as is. Hmmm... I can't really think of anything for up-B, but you get the idea how the characters should have something distinguishing them.

vegeta1215
06-07-2005, 12:56 AM
Ganondork, after reading your post I can easily guess that you have not unlocked everything in SSBM. Trust me, there is already enough to unlock, and it is already hard enough. There are some trophies that are so hard to get you will almost tear your hair out getting them. Wanting more unlockables is crazy.

btw, who would want to fight with the wire frame guys? Boring!

Dechipher
06-07-2005, 01:01 AM
I would, supposing they had a different damage system. For instnace, 5 wire frame guys for every life the other characters have. Of course the damage is more concentrated on them, but you have more chances to fight if you're one of those characters that is more likely to fall off the edge of the screen than to be knocked off.

Link McCloud
06-16-2005, 09:28 PM
Any Fire Emblem characters.

And especilly Oni Link from Majora's Mask

Archibaldo
06-16-2005, 09:33 PM
I don't know if some one already said it but, I'd like to see Banjo and Kazooie. Just think how awesome they would be. They'd be together of course.

rky_nick
06-17-2005, 08:31 PM
one thing
i hope they let all the characters form ssbm back in,to name a few, mr. game and watch whoops butt, pichu is ok, Dr. mario has VERY good smash attacks, ice climbers are ok, and the rest are fine.

many of these may alreeady be posted
* = unlockable

luigi*
mario
Dr. mario*
jigglypuff*
mew*
mewtwo*
pichu*
pikachu
Riachu*
Wario
waluigi*
donkey kong
diddy kong*
dixie kong*
link
dark link*
navi
dark navi*
young link*
Zelda/sheik
Bowser
Giga Bowser*
kirby
King DeDeDe
yoshi
baby mario
baby luigi*
fox
falco*
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf*
Ice Climbers
Ness
Samus
Peach
King Rool*
Ash(from pokemon)
Toad
Koopa Troopa
Para Troopa*
Daisy*
Birdo*
Ganon*(the fat pig with trident)
Ridley*
baby bowser*
mario with FLUDD
Fake Mario(from super mario sunshine)*

Daarkseid
06-17-2005, 09:22 PM
Ganon*(the fat pig with trident)

So that's who Ganon is!

Edit: Fuck me, I'm stupid. I know what you meant now, fuck. God damn OoT and post OoT appearances of Ganondorf. I hope Nintendo is forever drivin from the console market this next generation, just to spite you all.

Darth Marsden
06-19-2005, 05:38 PM
So that's who Ganon is!

Edit: Fuck me, I'm stupid. I know what you meant now, fuck. God damn OoT and post OoT appearances of Ganondorf. I hope Nintendo is forever drivin from the console market this next generation, just to spite you all. And you call yourself a gamer! Banish yourself to a week without RPGs for this lack of intelligence! And no complaining, or there'll be no online fragging either! http://armageddongames.net/images/smilies/sly.gif

I'd like to see a lot of decent online options. Seeing as it's probably going to be Nintendo's first big stab at online gaming, it'd be nice to have, like, a million different things you can tweak. And I would love to take you all on in a 64-player tournament. I may not last long, but it'd be more fun then anything the first two games put together could EVER come up with. And I demand to be able to watch EVERY SINGLE MATCH AS IT HAPPENS. Just like being a spectator in Counter-Strike. Oh yeah.

Dechipher
06-19-2005, 07:04 PM
Hey. Quoting yourself in your sig is cool.
I think there are enough Mario clones for now. If anymore mario characters are added, they should probably be from SMB2, which is one of, if not my overall, favorite from the series.

Birdo. Wart. Mouser.

Also an adventure stage with the key guys chasing you, and you have a timelimit.

More Kirby characters. No more Zelda characters are needed, but as long as they don't prevent other characters from being put in, I would not object. More DK characters for sure. More character oriented minigames. Maybe some character specific items. And then you could complete, say, story mode with a certain character, and that character would be able to use all items. That would be an addition worth seeing.

Btw, just joking about that sig thing.

Darth Marsden
06-20-2005, 08:08 AM
Well, I just couldn't find another quote I like, so I made one up. I'm like that.

And Mouser? I vaguely recall the name, but the character eludes me for the moment. I do support you on the minigames - I fondly remember trying to get that last target as Young Link in SSB Melee. Memories...

Dechipher
06-20-2005, 12:22 PM
Man, those target mini games are tough, but so fun.

Mouser = the mouse in SMB2 that throws bombs at you and you have to through them back.
There also was an aquamentus type thing, but it wouldn't be good as a playable character.

Blonde799
06-20-2005, 02:02 PM
I think that everyone else's ideas are great for the next SSB game, I just want jigglypuff to return, rest is an awesome move for an otherwise powderpuff character.:D

I do want adventure mode to make a return, but have it more fleshed out, the mode in SSBM just seemed loose and not worth going through. I want some REAL obstacles, like large thwomps or some SMB3 style ship stages with lots of cannons. It'd be cool if all the characters played different from each other too, there were too many clones. If I'm gonna go through hell to unlock the extra characters, they should be unique.

And while unlocking everything took like 40+ hours, it'd be cool if we could unlock a few more things, like more special melees or new modes.

mrplow8
06-28-2005, 08:16 PM
Balloon Fighter(Balloon Fight)
Birdo(Super Mario Bros. 2)
Bowser(Super Mario Bros.)
Bowser Jr.(Super Mario Sunchine)
Bubbles(Clu Clu Land)
Captain Falcon(F-Zero)
Captain Olimar(Pikmin)
Daisy(Super Mario Land)
DeDeDe(Kirby's Dream Land)
Deoxys(Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire)
Diddy Kong(Donkey Kong Country)
Donkey Kong(Donkey Kong)
Dr. Mario(Dr. Mario)
Ganon(The Legend of Zelda)
Ganondorf(The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
Geno(Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
Falco(Star Fox)
Fox(Star Fox)
Hector(Fire Emblem)
Ice Climbers(Ice Climber)
Isaac(Golden Sun)
Jigglypuff(Pokemon Red and Blue)
Kirby(Kirby's Dream Land)
Koopa Troopa(Super Mario Bros.)
K. Rool(Donkey Kong Country)
Krystal(Star Fox Adventures)
Laughing Dog(Duck Hunt)
Link(The Legend of Zelda)
Little Mac(Punch Out)
Luigi(Mario Bros.)
Mario(Donkey Kong)
Marth(Fire Emblem)
Metaknight(Kirby's Adventure)
Mewtwo(Pokemon Red and Blue)
Mr. Game & Watch(Game & Watch)
Munchlax(Pokemon Diamond and Pearl)
Ness(Earthbound)
Peach(Super Mario Bros.)
Pichu(Pokemon Gold and Silver)
Pikachu(Pokemon Red and Blue)
Pit(Kid Icarus)
Poo(Earthbound)
Ridley(Metroid)
Roy(Fire Emblem)
Rukario(Pokemon Diamond and Pearl)
Samurai Goroh(F-Zero)
Samus(Metroid)
Sheik(The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
Smithy(Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars)
Toad(Super Mario Bros.)
Waluigi(Mario Tennis)
Wario(Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins)
Wizpig(Diddy Kong Racing)
Yoshi(Super Mario World)
Young Link(The Legend of Zelda)
Zelda(The Legend of Zelda)

Strider1982
06-29-2005, 01:36 AM
I think the Laughing Dog from Duck Hunt would probably work out better as an annoying taunter in the background...

Axel
07-01-2005, 05:38 PM
You've got Smithy, but not Geno. C'mon, who else would love to kick some ass as Geno.

Madman200
07-03-2005, 04:25 PM
Why with only the characters? Why not stages?

1= SMB3-style stage
(hit blocks to produce items)
(Pihrana Plant on left side, spitting fireballs)
(scene comes from L1-1)

2= Norfair
(has a ceiling and floor, side-kills only)
(narrow)
(lava rises every 15 sec.)

3= "random" stage
(has a random layout per play)
(random effects come into battle)
(items are fully randomized in orbs, timing is needed for specific items)

4= Balloon World(balloon fight)
(has screen of first area)
(clouds shoot guided electricity)
(birds may fly in to hurt)

5= Twighlight Tower
(fight on top of a tower)
(Link plays as a wolf)
(spikes pop out of the floor)

Axel
07-03-2005, 08:13 PM
Colloseum
A Roman Colloseum. Items (if allowed) are thrown into the arena by the crowd.

Daarkseid
07-03-2005, 08:27 PM
You've got Smithy, but not Geno. C'mon, who else would love to kick some ass as Geno.

Not me, really.

In fact, I probably wouldn't even have remembered who he was were it not for you on this forum.

King Aquamentus
07-07-2005, 10:58 PM
Characters:

Classic Link(has crazy horizontal haircut and shoots beams from sword.)
Ridley
Wario
Baby Mario
Little Mac
Mike Jones (StarTropics)
Stages:

Hyrule (just plain Hyrule. fight in the middle of it.)
Norfair.
Norfair depths(Gotta have that song from Super Metroid/Metroid prime)
Hop! Hop! Donut lifts!
The WVBA ring (Punchout!!!)
Great sea(battle on tetra's ship)
C-island caves (StarTropics)

Weapons:
Wide gun
Rocket Launcher
Power Glove (old NES controller.)
Clock (freezes all opponents for a brief period of time)
Whistle (sends you anywhere on the battlefield you want.)

Trophies:

Glass Joe(Punch-out!!!)
Bald Bull(Punch-out!!!)
King Hippo(Punch-out!!!)
All the Links together.(One whole trophy)
Hammer Bros.
Boomerang Bros.
Fire Bros.
Urban champion(Trophy of the game.)
Clu Clu Land
Baseball
Tennis
10-yard fight
(Basically, all those early Nintendo titles, where they had the name and the picture...)

CrimsonAi
07-13-2005, 05:53 PM
I didn't like in Melee how they just put the princesses in it.. they really don't do anything at all.. Zelda I can understand because she's Sheik.. other than that.. it just seemed like they were desperate for characters.. anyone agree..?

King Aquamentus
07-13-2005, 05:59 PM
I didn't like in Melee how they just put the princesses in it.. they really don't do anything at all.. Zelda I can understand because she's Sheik.. other than that.. it just seemed like they were desperate for characters.. anyone agree..?

No, sorry. This is your chance to look up their dresses.

CrimsonAi
07-13-2005, 06:08 PM
Ha ha Ewww! XD You pervert!! I dunno, It's good that Daisy is just a color change for Peach.. but I think Zelda should just be in her Sheik form..

This is kinda random.. but it's dumb that in OOT, Sheik was all great, but Zelda in her normal form couldn't defend herself at all.. so.. why have Zelda in SSBM?

Kairyu
07-13-2005, 07:22 PM
Zelda can recover from much longer distances, and has more powerful attacks on average. Her midair attacks in particular send enemies much farther and deal much more damage if you hit perfectly. Zelda also has much more solid controls. Shiek's advantages include faster attacks, slightly longer range on average, and downward attacks (Zelda has them, but they're all pathetic). I use both in battles, but I prefer Zelda slightly since she has a reflector, a better recovery, and better midair attacks.

Axel
07-13-2005, 08:41 PM
Personally, I just play Fox. Fast attacks, long distance, and a reflect.
Anyway, Peach is in there because she was in SMB2 and SMRPG. Which explains both her long jump and her frying pan.

King Aquamentus
07-13-2005, 08:57 PM
Ha ha Ewww! XD You pervert!
Hahahaha!!!

Seriously, the frying pan was awesome!

MasterSwordUltima
07-14-2005, 12:05 AM
I absolutly adore how everyone lists who they would want, but nobody is even listing attacks, let alone actually thinking. What are the odds of Nintendo adding Navi as a playable character? Let alone Dark Navi, because we all remember that damned Dark Navi, with her hijinks. -_-' Atleast list the attacks and stuff, and you need to remember, SSB and SSBM was great because all of the characters are equalled out. We don't want anything where its like Mike from StarTropics can use the SuperNova chain whip thing and it instantly pwns you. No, thats not even going to happen. Not even if you suggest his Super Psychic Shockwave thing from the sequal, nope. Not when you make it grossly powerful.

Now, I'd like to see:

Megaman - (although not a pure Nintendo character, he's featured in many forms on various Nintendo consoles).

A - Just would just do a punch combo similar to Samus', but perhaps three hits, instead of just two.

SMASH A - Rock would hold his buster and quickly thrust it forward. If an enemy is infront of him, it would possibly electrocute him/her, ala pikachu/pichu.

B - Shoot a small buster shot. And like in the games, if you hold it down, THEN it charges, not ike Samus' where it automatically charges. Also, you can rapidly mash the button to shoot a LAWT.

UP B - SHORYUKEN!! :D Heheh, like in X2, and in Power Battles/Fighters. Upward Dragon Punch thinger.

DOWN B - A random attack. Such as like, the pokéballs use a random pokémon. This could be anything from Cutman's cutters, Bombman's bombs, to even Plantman's Shield, Knightman's maces, Gyroman's...gyros?...anything. Bombs could be similar to Link's.

Rolling Dodge - Come on, its Rockman, jump jump SLIDE SLIDE. [he would slide].

Pose - The whole, thumbs up, with the flashing of the helmet, SCHHWWWNKK.

Palletes - This is the best part. Unlike Marvel Vs. Capcom, where he changes his colour, you could have either original flavour Megaman, Megaman X, Megaman.EXE, or Megaman [Legends version]. Each does the same, yet the each have their own character model.

----------------
Thats all I would like to see. Perhaps a Bass, instead of charging, it does an automatic rapid fire shot, and the different versions would be just...Bass, Bass.EXE, Bass with brown cape thing...Bass.EXE with brown cape thing...I dunno...atleast its not just a clone...

CrimsonAi
07-14-2005, 12:21 AM
Just think how annoying Navi would be.. her attacks would lower your self esteem and you'd probably turn off the game or attempt to hit her.. except.. judging by the opening of Ocarina of Time, she'd most likely manage to run into your fist..

MasterSwordUltima
07-14-2005, 12:42 AM
XD How can you even suggest adding Navi though. And then to make up a Dark Navi, god, adding Shadow, or Dark versions of characters is so over used. Now a playable Shadow Link would be okay, and not over the edge, because Shadow Link has been around since the days of the NES. Its practically their idea. Yet NAVI? Jeez...Navi's attack would be to literally, like CrimsonAi said, run into stuff. Thats how they like, poke you, or hit you, [I remember Tatl did that in Majora's Mask, kept flying into you and Link was like, knock it the eff off]. Also, Navi flies...so how're you gonna knock Navi off the stage? Why not just suggest having the Deku Tree as a playable character? -_-' [HAHAH, RANTING IS FUN AT NIGHT]

CrimsonAi
07-14-2005, 12:48 AM
Well maybe in uh.. 5 years or so.. there will be a Super Smash Brothers umm *insert drastically high number here* game. With over 100 characters to choose, most of them completely useless. Now that you mention Majora's Mask.. having the Skull Kid in SSB would be really awesome! Who doesn't like him? ^^

Or it might have deku, zora and goron Link.. except.. maybe they should just make some sort of Zelda fighting game entirely? With a generic secret character at the end.. Mario.

Sute
07-14-2005, 11:35 AM
That'd be a really sad thing.. heheh but hey, you never know.. SSBR has to have Pikachu in it. Only because, he's drastically cheap most of the time, and if you hate him, there you go.. he's your beating buddy. Although that whole Navi think is quite tempting, too. Hrmmmm... ^_^ YES I would always be Deku Link then, and use his spin attack thing he does 'cuz I personally think that's close to invinsable. If Zora Link were in it, they'd probably make you allowed to swim in the water, except Zora Link could go under and such. I always hated games where water was instant death, too unrealistic for me. Goron Link would be slow, obviously, being a goron.. but his punches would be like.. twice as powerful as any normal punch, maybe even stronger than double. His equal would be Bowser.. or something. Just my thoughts.

VT_Hokie_Fan
07-15-2005, 04:21 PM
No one mentioned a Goomba(to my knowledge) or any Get Force Gemini Characters (just imagine Lupus :D)

And for stages...(many may be already said)
-Underground In SMB(with that infamous theme)
-Pallet Town(Since Nintendo <3s pokemon)
-Ganon's Tower(from OoT)

fatcatfan
07-15-2005, 04:36 PM
Olimar and Louie!!!

Axel
07-15-2005, 04:55 PM
Consider Olimar's moves. He'd bash people with his helmet, and hurl Pikmin. How you'd develop multiple moves from that I can't tell, but there must be a way.

Personally I'll stick with what I know: Star Fox. I'm thinking 3 characters, all built around the same general basis but with important speed and thus method differences. Although all would use the jetpack for upB, their regular B would vary. I'm thinking Fox, Falco, and Wolf. Fox would be an average character, the standard 3-hit A attack and the normal blaster. Falco sacrifices strength for speed, weaker than Fox but able to make the rapid hit A attacks and fires a machine gun. Wolf is the opposite, sacrificing speed for power. His A attacks are slow but powerful, and he uses a bazooka or plasma rifle or some other large weapon that allows him to charge before shooting, much like Samus. All we need to do then is resist any temptation to add any other characters, no matter how tempting it would be to throw Bill or Leon in.

goKi
07-16-2005, 05:53 AM
Well maybe in uh.. 5 years or so.. there will be a Super Smash Brothers umm *insert drastically high number here* game. With over 100 characters to choose, most of them completely useless.

No there won't.

Dechipher
07-16-2005, 05:06 PM
You know how Mario Kart Double Dash went? Well, think if they did that with Smash Brothers. Instead of having so many similar characters, you could pick one character, and be able to control 4 forms of that character (not at once, obviously). Each one could have different stats, but pretty much the same special moves.
Mario/Doctor Mario/Wario/Luigi.
Link/Goron Link/Deku Link/Zora Link.
Bowser/Baby Bowser/Magikoopa/Ludwig Van Koopa.
Fox/Slippy/Falco/Peppy.

Something like that. You wouldn't neccesarily be playing as a character, but a team. It would also add more diversity to the battles, because when you have someone else's Fox Strategy figured out, they suddenly morph into Falco, and are faster now, thus changing their strategy and yours.

I think it'd be cool. Or maybe if it was a mode.

vegeta1215
07-17-2005, 01:36 AM
Super Smash Bros Melee is so damn good, that the only thing I can really see Nintendo adding in a future Smash Bros game is online play.

fatcatfan
07-17-2005, 03:19 PM
Consider Olimar's moves. He'd bash people with his helmet, and hurl Pikmin. How you'd develop multiple moves from that I can't tell, but there must be a way.

I think we could imagine enough moves for him if we considered all the elements of both Pikmin games, but the more significant issue is his size. If we take the Pikmin games literally, he's only slightly larger than a bottle cap, and the Pikmin are even smaller still. I'd still like to see him included as more than a trophy, just because I love Pikmin. It is a truly innovative game.