PDA

View Full Version : Bridge shadow tiles... might sound like a dumb request

Strider1982
05-29-2005, 04:48 AM
I'm wondering if anyone has any tiles used for a shadow underneath a bridge. I've tried using a darkened square and making it transparent, but it looks too flat on top of animated water.

Zelda_Warrior
06-03-2005, 11:30 PM
if you could show me a pic of what it looks like without a shadow and what it looks like with a shadow then i might be able to help you otherwise i have no clue what the screen(s) look like. I know I have a new bridge shadow for my Era Of Magic remake for 2.10 but i dont know if that's what your doing already.

Strider1982
06-04-2005, 01:31 AM
Well, the bridges aren't too elaborate, but I can't get a decent shadow to work underneath them. Everything I've tried looks pretty bad.

Anyway, Zelda_Warrior, here's a screenshot.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y150/DarthGator/3c32f764.gif

I don't know if that helps or anything.

Zelda_Warrior
06-04-2005, 01:26 PM
Have you tried making a new tile that has the same attributes as the regular water, except that it's unanimated, then placing it under wherever the bridge should have a shadow? It won't matter if it's animated for looks if you have a shadow blocking it out. You could also try making the shadows un-transparent, but still using animated water. Also, if you haven't tried moving where the shadow appears on the screen try moving it. I had this simillar problem on my quest. I've ripped the screenshot into ZC to try and make the shadow look right, but i can't seem to get the shadow to look right, so i ended up deleting the rip anbd wasted my time. Maybe you could just not have a shadow? If i played the quest and the bridge didn't have a shadow I really wouldn't care, but i guess it's up to you. Im sorry i can't help right now.

(Wow, those tiles are AWESOME! Keep it up, they look great! Also, do you have a playable version of the quest up for download? I would like to play it)

Strider1982
06-04-2005, 06:17 PM
Well, thanks for trying anyway, I appreciate it. I'll see what I can do...

I don't have a playable demo released yet, but hopefully I will soon.