PDA

View Full Version : items in a chest

adioboy
05-28-2005, 12:30 PM
I wanna put a key in a treusure chest but i dont know how to do it and the chest is in a doungen i dont know if that would help

and would i do the same thing with a big tresure chest? :scared:

Rakki
05-28-2005, 02:57 PM
For a small chest, you have to place the closed chest combo in the room, and make sure the combo has a "Slash" or "Slash -> Item" type, it doesn't matter which. Then click the open chest, and go to "Data -> Under Combo" and then click Set to set the opened chest as the under tile, then click "Tools -> Flags" and click flag number 10, "Armos -> Item" on the treasure chest in the room, then right click after you've placed the flag. Finally, go to "Data -> Room Type" and set it as special item, then go to "Data -> Special Item" and set the item as key(small) and hit OK. Then just save and test it out. When you slash the chest with your sword, it should have the small key inside.

As for the big chest, you really can't do the same thing since only one part of the chest would get slashed when you slashed at it, it wouldn't open the whole thing up because it's too big. What you can do for a big chest, though, is draw it on the room, all 4 tiles of it, and then put the open chest tiles on secret combos, and put enemies in the room and set it so the chest opens when you kill the enemies. Just tell me if you need an explaination of how to set secret combos and such, and I'll tell you how.