PDA

View Full Version : Transparent colors

Dsrpaegnosner
05-27-2005, 03:36 PM
can you use transparent colors when you are creating a tile?

Rakki
05-27-2005, 04:25 PM
No, but there is a way to make combos transparent. A layer. Layers can be solid or transparent, though you can't set how transparent it is. You just have to set a layer by putting in the map and screen number of the layer, and then click the Transparent check box to make it transparent.

Dsrpaegnosner
05-27-2005, 04:37 PM
but what if i wanted to make the rod transparent? is there a way i can make that and\or other items transparent? thanks.

ShadowTiger
05-27-2005, 04:41 PM
... Rod? o_o;

Items can in no way be transparent, unfortunately. (By "Items," I mean things that you can use with the "A" or "B" key. Things you can pick up.)

TILES, on the other hand, CAN be transparent. You can make specific parts of them transparent by (making a backup first) seperate copy of the tile(s), then editing away the parts of those tiles you DON'T want to be transparent. Then make combos of those transparent-to-be tiles, and place them on a blank screen in the same spot where they'd appear on the screen they will be appearing on, and on the screen where it'll show up as being transparent, refer to that map and screen on a layer, and click the transparent box.

Learn more about tile editing and layering to find out how to do this for real on your own. ;)