PDA

View Full Version : link in a corner

adioboy
05-26-2005, 10:04 PM
ok i have a house and when i make link walk into the house i want him to walk through the passageway (like always) but he just appears in the corner and he cant go n e where and the house he goes in is in the overworld and the room he goes to is in the overworld to

am i suppose to put the room in the next map or something

ShadowTiger
05-26-2005, 10:18 PM
Oh, no, not really, not at all.

The house should be in a seperate Dmap. Map isn't the same thing as Dmap in ZQuest. Map is what all of your screens are placed on. Dmap is/are the settings for the area that you'll be exploring on that map, such as music, colors, space on the map, etc. (That last part pertains to what appears on the paper map you can pick up, as the "map item."

To make sure Link doesn't appear in a corner, .. well, .. the Link always appears as a default in the upper left corner. To set link's start coordinates, press pageup or pagedown a couple of tiles until on the bottom panel, you see five or so square icons. From left to right, a rupee, a stairs icon, a blue warp thing, a green .. thing, .. and a flag.

Click on the blue icon, and place it where you want Link to appear. Now do the same with the green thing.

The blue thing is where Link appears if you make Link warp to there via a insta-warp type warp, which has those flashy effects such as blackout, wavy, or fizzy... whatever. The green warp is where Link ends up if you warp to that screen via an Entrance/Exit type warp.

So yes, do place your house on a different Dmap than your overworld, but it can be on the same map as anything else. Just be sure to specify where ZC can find that place on which map.