PDA

View Full Version : Layers

Dark881288
05-26-2005, 07:47 PM
Can somebody please give me a guide or a manual to layers please?

I forgot all about them...

ShadowTiger
05-26-2005, 10:25 PM
Okay. First of all,

Layer 0: The layer Combos affect you. If you place a damage or stairs combo on layer 0, (I.e.. the main screen.) they'll affect you. Place them on any other layer, and they won't.
Layer 1: These go above Layer 0, but above the combos. So you can walk on these, unless it's unwalkable. That's pretty much the only thing that's affected by this. (Except Overhead combos. They act like layer 6 no matter what.) So don't place any combos here that you want to affect Link. Place them on layer 0 instead.
Layer 2: ... Same as Layer 1, just above it, but still below Link.
Layer 3: These appear above Link, but not above flying enemies.
Layer 4: ... Same as Layer 2, in that it appears over layer 3, but not above layer 5.
Layer 5: Appears Over flying enemies. Good for weather effects.
Layer 6: Appears above Layer 5.

To use layers, you'll have to place that each layer on a seperate screen, with nothing ELSE on that screen, except what's going to be used for that one layer. If you want something on layer 1 and layer 5, they need to use totally seperate screens, reserved for those two, seperately.

So place your tiles that you want to appear on that layer on a seperate screen. (It doesn't matter what screen it's on, or what colors they're in, as long as they look right on the screen they'll be appearing on in ZC that you actually see while playing the quest.)

Then go to the screen that you want to layers to be applied to, and go to Data-->Layers, and choose the map and screen of the screen with the layer stuff on it. And you're done.

The_Seventh_Sag
05-26-2005, 11:11 PM
That's cool. Thanks ;).