PDA

View Full Version : To download, or not to download?

UltimaSanctum
05-26-2005, 06:58 PM
I read about this site in EGM Magazine, and I want to download it.
But my Mom doesn't like downloading things from the net.
Is this legal? Is it free? Will my computer be tagged with viruses and spyware?

Rakki
05-26-2005, 07:19 PM
Yes, yes, and no. If your mom knew enough about computers though, she'd realize it's not just downloading that gets you spyware, you can get it just from pop-ups and such which YOU can't control, without a pop-up blocker at least. But in any case, ZC is fine to get, like I said, no viruses or nothing.

UltimaSanctum
05-26-2005, 07:33 PM
Cool, I'm gonna download it now.....but I hope it isn't a huge filesize......Stupid dial up.....

The_Seventh_Sag
05-26-2005, 09:54 PM
You won't regret it, promise. You'll have fun. To me, it's a little hard, but you'll get used to it ;).

Toaofgamecube
05-26-2005, 10:43 PM
dude, ur mom is NOT a computer person. Viruses from downloads? Well, If THIS MANY PEOPLE DOWNLOAD A PROGRAM, IT PROBABLY AIN'T INFECTED!!!!!!

ShadowTiger
05-26-2005, 11:01 PM
Oh, the filesize really isn't that bad. :shrug: 2 MB, MAXIMUM. Hell, I'm on Dial-up, and I'm in roughly the same case you are. Just make a new folder somewhere on your PC that she's sure not to find, (Kinda hard to do though, if your mom is computer literate. o.o' ) and download the thing there. Get version 2.10 from this forum here. (ZC Discussion, pinned at the top. Should work.)

And yeah. It's totally worth it. ;-D

The_Seventh_Sag
05-28-2005, 05:13 PM
Go for it ;). You'll have fun. Making your own, unique, Zelda game for people to play. You put in everything you want in a Zelda game. Make it as hard or as easy as you want. That's the fun of it.

Snipe104
05-28-2005, 06:50 PM
I totally agree. Releasing it to public if you want, or even keeping it to yourself. It is like your own thing to be pround of. So have a good time with it.