PDA

View Full Version : Last day of high school

Ich
05-26-2005, 01:04 PM
I am sitting here in English class. I have three periods of high school remaining. Finals start tomorrow, and I graduate June 6th. Nothing short of AIDS could kill my mood right now. Imagine how happy I am, and divide that by 0. I can't begin to tell you how happy I am to finish up 12 long years of school.

And while I actually won't be done with high school because of the Congress-Bundestag scholarship, I am thrilled to be done with the old and familiar and sucky, and going off into the world. Just throught I'd share.

ShadowTiger
05-26-2005, 01:12 PM
Happy Graduation! :D

My gift to you is 12-20 rep points.

Wait, you're in English class right now? O_o They have computers? Or are you on a laptop?

Beldaran
05-26-2005, 01:34 PM
Not to drag you down, but the world's a bitch. I thought High School sucked until I got a job.

Rainman
05-26-2005, 02:24 PM
I can't begin to tell you how happy I am to finish up 12 long years of high school.

Indeed, that would be quite the trial for me as well. Four was enough.

Ich
05-26-2005, 03:20 PM
I edited the post while I was writing it. I said "4 long years of high school" and then changed it to "12 long years of school" but overlooked the "high." Smartass :D.

SixTen
05-26-2005, 10:08 PM
High school wasn't as bad as I thought it was. I mean. Your parents pay for all your stuff when you're in high school. But it's nice to be out.

Now for college, picture the exact same thing, except you live there and go to half the classes and probably do a lot more drinking.

ctrl-alt-delete
05-26-2005, 10:19 PM
Anything divided by zero is undefined, meaning that your happiness still remains a mystery to us. Perhaps you should go back one more year? :-p

biggiy05
05-26-2005, 10:32 PM
Rather than start another thread about the same thing I will just join in on this one with Ich.

I was done as 10:52am this morning but our mock trial dragged on until 11:30 or so but today was the last day of required attendance for all the seniors so that means I am done with school until June 4th when I get my diploma.

Now I have to get up kind of early and finish my picnic table for my ag class since it was my final exam.

Strider1982
05-27-2005, 01:00 AM
I hated high school...

College hasn't been so bad up until now. My senior year has been a nightmare so far (Computer science major...programming...discrete math...AAAAGH!). I am certainly looking forward to graduating next spring.

SixTen
05-27-2005, 01:19 AM
Yeah, my discreet math class wasn't hard, but it was different. My final project for CSII kept me up many a night and really made me hate the Java language.

I actually didn't have much work to do until April. Then I got it piled on me.

Strider1982
05-27-2005, 01:23 AM
I'm kind of divided in my opinion of the computer science major. I can't stand C++, mostly because the teacher of that class is never very clear about how everything works, but I've enjoyed my Visual Basic classes.

Ganonator
05-27-2005, 01:36 AM
did I really graduate from highschool 3 years ago?

And all you CS major pussies: go cry. It makes me happy to see you suffer.

SixTen
05-27-2005, 10:13 AM
Well I don't cry, for the same reason I don't get upset over things here. Life is short and I can't be wasting my time getting all worked up over petty issues. Yeah CS sucked sometimes, but oh well. I got through it without much trouble.

moocow
05-27-2005, 11:40 AM
I graduated 3 years ago.... And look at me now!

I wish I were back in high school.

ShadowTiger
05-27-2005, 04:30 PM
did I really graduate from highschool 3 years ago?

And all you CS major pussies: go cry. It makes me happy to see you suffer.
lol Russ.. Not only did I get a bad teacher through out my High School programming career, as well as showoff peers, but then you get shipped to India if you decide to become a programmer. So sayeth the stereotype, anyway. And you must always listen to the stereotype. - -.

Ich, where are you going for college? :)

Archibaldo
05-28-2005, 12:40 AM
Gratz dude! I only have one more year to go. Then I'm off to Cegep. Most of you probably don't know what that is so...

Cegep is kinda like a pre-college. In Quebec, we only go up to grade 11. Then we go to Cegep for two years and then to University (I think) for three years. So technically if you were willing to do alot of moving. You get through your whole education in 15 years. Where you got to school here for 11 years, move to Ontario for grade 12 and back to Quebec for three years of University/College (I'm not exactly sure how many you're supposed to go to but whatever it is, you be my point).