PDA

View Full Version : A mysterious word in an old, forgotten game

Foxx
05-25-2005, 11:54 PM
http://thedarkhideout.homestead.com/files/images/nagoya.gif

This is a screenshot of a very obscure NES/Famicom game called Atlantis no Nazo, released by Sunsoft in 1986. You're an adventurer who's collecting treasure in Atlantis, and there are 100 side-scrolling zones (I've read this, I could never get through the ridiculously hard later ones on my own). The game isn't bad but very poor controls make it unfairly difficult. If you do some exploring, you'll arrive at the screen above, the "Key Word" as mysterious as the pyramid it is floating over.

Now what I'm wondering is, what use would you have for this word? There's no place to input words of any kind, at the beginning of the game or in any zone I've made it to. I don't expect anyone here to have any idea what the purpose of this scene was, but I'm asking just in case someone does.

By the way, I came across this game because it was packaged with a set of other games that came with a primitive Famicom emulator, which I used about 8 years ago before I discovered NESticle.

Strider1982
05-26-2005, 12:03 AM
I'va also tried out that game, and I seem to remember seeing that bizarre screen as well. I have no idea what purpose it serves whatsoever.

SomUnknown
05-26-2005, 12:10 AM
After some research on the word:

It's a Japanese city that houses some important artifacts and sites.

Perhaps it's the name of the level?