PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming, The Black Blood Corruption.

SleepingDragonX
05-24-2005, 02:23 PM
First of all a poem by BH4

Dark and Dreary, crystal bleary.
Bless yon soul, weak and weary,
on his quest, heading west,
to slay the land, by his own dark hand.

Here's the story line for it..
Link is sleeping in bed w/ his new wife Zelda, He's teleported to the internal prison "hell" and is confronted by the ArchDemonLord Arctros, who has created a strange substance knowned as Xeric or "The Black Blood" He gives it to Link telling him it will make him strong enough to defeat his eldest son "Ganon" who has returned to hyrule. Link believes Arctros and consumes Xeric. Xeric takes over his blood and changes his heart to the ways of Evil. After his mind becomes clouded by Xeric he is told by Arctros to go back to Hyrule and bring him the Triforce.
Link hands over the Triforce of Courage, and is teleported back to Hyrule. Link assassinates his new Wife Zelda, and is thrown is the Castle Dungeon and must excape... Link basically kills everybody including himself while hunting down the Triforce of Wisdom which the SOB king spilted up so Link Couldn't take it for himself.

It's release date is June 2005!
It's going to be a very different type of quest. You play a hero that's now a villian, and you gather the triforce to destroy Hyrule rather then saving it like normal.
This get's pretty twisted during the end. One betrayal after another...
Nothing better I say, Nothing Better...

SleepingDragonX
05-24-2005, 02:23 PM
First of all a poem by BH4

Dark and Dreary, crystal bleary.
Bless yon soul, weak and weary,
on his quest, heading west,
to slay the land, by his own dark hand.

Here's the story line for it..
Link is sleeping in bed w/ his new wife Zelda, He's teleported to the internal prison "hell" and is confronted by the ArchDemonLord Arctros, who has created a strange substance knowned as Xeric or "The Black Blood" He gives it to Link telling him it will make him strong enough to defeat his eldest son "Ganon" who has returned to hyrule. Link believes Arctros and consumes Xeric. Xeric takes over his blood and changes his heart to the ways of Evil. After his mind becomes clouded by Xeric he is told by Arctros to go back to Hyrule and bring him the Triforce.
Link hands over the Triforce of Courage, and is teleported back to Hyrule. Link assassinates his new Wife Zelda, and is thrown is the Castle Dungeon and must excape... Link basically kills everybody including himself while hunting down the Triforce of Wisdom which the SOB king spilted up so Link Couldn't take it for himself.

It's release date is June 2005!
It's going to be a very different type of quest. You play a hero that's now a villian, and you gather the triforce to destroy Hyrule rather then saving it like normal.
This get's pretty twisted during the end. One betrayal after another...
Nothing better I say, Nothing Better...

JayeM
05-24-2005, 03:16 PM
Interesting storyline. Take your time with it though.

JayeM
05-24-2005, 03:16 PM

d3db0y
05-24-2005, 03:25 PM
Looking foward to playing an evil link! sounds cool!

d3db0y
05-24-2005, 03:25 PM
Looking foward to playing an evil link! sounds cool!

SleepingDragonX
05-24-2005, 06:02 PM

Oh yes... I've been working on the overworld graphics since may 1st... It's not a lot, just very, very time consuming. I've finished the Items, and Link's graphics. Also the House tiles are done.
The tiles are a interesting mix of my favorites. Which my most favorite tileset is the Pure Tileset from PureZC, but I have a great dislike of the overworld graphics though. I prefere using BS overworld with Lot's and Lot's of additions... :laughing:

I also don't recomend this quest to those who wouldn't even play a game where you kill people without reason. I highly recomend this quest to serial killers though. :laughing:

SleepingDragonX
05-24-2005, 06:02 PM

Oh yes... I've been working on the overworld graphics since may 1st... It's not a lot, just very, very time consuming. I've finished the Items, and Link's graphics. Also the House tiles are done.
The tiles are a interesting mix of my favorites. Which my most favorite tileset is the Pure Tileset from PureZC, but I have a great dislike of the overworld graphics though. I prefere using BS overworld with Lot's and Lot's of additions... :laughing:

I also don't recomend this quest to those who wouldn't even play a game where you kill people without reason. I highly recomend this quest to serial killers though. :laughing:

JayeM
05-24-2005, 09:50 PM
Well, in the regular Zelda game, Link goes around killing everything in sight. I suppose that would be more logical if he was the evil one.

You've talked about the tileset, but what about the overworld and dungeon designs? How much of that is done?

JayeM
05-24-2005, 09:50 PM
Well, in the regular Zelda game, Link goes around killing everything in sight. I suppose that would be more logical if he was the evil one.

You've talked about the tileset, but what about the overworld and dungeon designs? How much of that is done?

SleepingDragonX
05-25-2005, 02:31 PM

Currently I use premade dungeon designs from a 1 inch thick folder filled with various dungeon designs of small to gigantic-multifloored Constructions. It took 3 years to compile them all. The overworld map is designed in screen based detail on grid paper and I create the world map first and then the dungeons. Before all this I outline everything including the level palletes, sprites, world graphics, music, and the timeline of events which is the last one I've got to outline and then I start making the maps in Zquest.

The overworld is divided into sections each with a different theme which make creating them in Zquest much more easier juch like "normal". I'm also using various overworld palletes for each of the different maps, "Normal, Forest, Swamp, Castle, and Mountains"
I've got it almost all done on paper basically. Creating it takes the shortest amount of time for me... It's the prepwork that takes the longest since I always go overboard.

Edit: Also... The release date has been pushed back to July since I'm going on a 2 week vacation to Summer Camp in June...
*sigh*

ShadowTiger
05-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Damn dude, that's Organized! :D Can't wait to see it! ^_^

You should do something like make the player start out in an area where he'll be in at the very end of the game, and don't give him access to that area (again) until then. Make him stagger forth from that place, and find solace in a town or something... That's always a good bit of mood there. ;)

SleepingDragonX
05-25-2005, 05:04 PM

You should do something like make the player start out in an area where he'll be in at the very end of the game, and don't give him access to that area (again) until then. Make him stagger forth from that place, and find solace in a town or something... That's always a good bit of mood there. ;)

Sounds good, I think I'll do just that...

Ganondork
05-28-2005, 12:08 PM

In my game The Last Defiance (why has nobody checked out the onouncement thread yet!) it does the same thing. :laughing:

SleepingDragonX
05-28-2005, 03:50 PM
In my game The Last Defiance (why has nobody checked out the onouncement thread yet!) it does the same thing. :laughing:

I think you should read that thread again!

Edit: BTW. You should always let them know just what your quest is about.
My quest is the opposite of the standard Zelda Classic Quest.
1. Destroy hyrule instead of saving it from destruction.
2. Kill all the good guys instead of all the bad guys.
3. Be evil instead of good