PDA

View Full Version : Colors are not working correctly... help??

IsotopeLabs
05-24-2005, 01:51 AM
Ok, first off, I'm a total n00b at this.

So heres my problem. I create this wonderful looking map. It works great. The problem is that the color scheme is different when I'm actually playing the game. I select grey and blue as my theme and it comes out in overworld default. Dungeons are the same way, I create them in grey shades and they turn to grey and blue. What am I doing wrong here?

-Isotope Labs

IsotopeLabs
05-24-2005, 01:51 AM
Ok, first off, I'm a total n00b at this.

So heres my problem. I create this wonderful looking map. It works great. The problem is that the color scheme is different when I'm actually playing the game. I select grey and blue as my theme and it comes out in overworld default. Dungeons are the same way, I create them in grey shades and they turn to grey and blue. What am I doing wrong here?

-Isotope Labs

Spudnickator
05-24-2005, 12:10 PM
That happened to me and i fixed it:) unfortunatly, i have no idea how i did it:( wait *has Vision* go into D-maps and go to the colour scemes (i think its called that anyway)and i just changed that to another one. I'm not to sure, but try changing that. It worked for me

Spudnickator
05-24-2005, 12:10 PM
That happened to me and i fixed it:) unfortunatly, i have no idea how i did it:( wait *has Vision* go into D-maps and go to the colour scemes (i think its called that anyway)and i just changed that to another one. I'm not to sure, but try changing that. It worked for me

ShadowTiger
05-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Indeed. Essentially, looking at a screen in ZQuest when designing it may not actually show you what the screen will actually look like (In terms of colors) in ZC.

Press F4, (Or go to Data-->Pallete ... Whatever.) and input a number, and press enter. The screen colors will change. This color is DIFFERENT from what the Quest says (Well, what YOU Say) the area should be. It's just a way of viewing a screen in different colors. This is more likely what happens when we look at a screen in a different set of colors from what it's really supposed to be.

Now, if you want to VIEW the palettes for the screen, (The REAL ones. :p ) go to Quest-->Graphics-->Palette-->Levels and take a look at all the level Palettes. Enter any one that you'd like, and look at the colors. Remember the NUMBER of that Palette, and when you're in your Dmap Editor, (Quest-->Dmaps) there's a tab for colors. Select that Palette number for the color group you want your dungeon to be in.

Remember now, how you see it in ZQuest can be totally different from how you see it when playing the quest itself in zelda.exe. In zelda.exe, it goes by what it says in the color tab in the Dmap Editor.

ShadowTiger
05-24-2005, 12:32 PM
Indeed. Essentially, looking at a screen in ZQuest when designing it may not actually show you what the screen will actually look like (In terms of colors) in ZC.

Press F4, (Or go to Data-->Pallete ... Whatever.) and input a number, and press enter. The screen colors will change. This color is DIFFERENT from what the Quest says (Well, what YOU Say) the area should be. It's just a way of viewing a screen in different colors. This is more likely what happens when we look at a screen in a different set of colors from what it's really supposed to be.

Now, if you want to VIEW the palettes for the screen, (The REAL ones. :p ) go to Quest-->Graphics-->Palette-->Levels and take a look at all the level Palettes. Enter any one that you'd like, and look at the colors. Remember the NUMBER of that Palette, and when you're in your Dmap Editor, (Quest-->Dmaps) there's a tab for colors. Select that Palette number for the color group you want your dungeon to be in.

Remember now, how you see it in ZQuest can be totally different from how you see it when playing the quest itself in zelda.exe. In zelda.exe, it goes by what it says in the color tab in the Dmap Editor.

IsotopeLabs
05-27-2005, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the prompt reply. I've been trying to get my head around it all this time. I was thinking it was supposed to be wysiwyg the whole time, but it turned out not. I can't exactly try it right now, but I'll give it a shot tomorrow when I get back home.

-IsotopeLabs

IsotopeLabs
05-27-2005, 10:21 PM
Ok, so I'm getting closer. But, well... ok... uh... so you can only set one palette per map?? That doesn't seem right. I need to set one screen to a grey/blue color and one screen to a green/beige (overworld colors). Well I still don't quite get how to get the colors I want, so please explain a little more.

Zelda Master
05-31-2005, 04:44 PM
use + and - [Plus and Minus] to change the Cset so you can

have like a graveyard looking screen and another screen normal.

Rakki
05-31-2005, 05:17 PM
Only Csets 2, 3 and 4 will actually make the tiles look like different colors, so if the color you want the second screen to look like isn't in Cset 2, 3 or 4 of the current palette, you'll need a dmap with a different palette to get the color you want to show right. Go to "Quest -> Dmaps" and edit one of them, then go to the Appearance tab and choose the palette to be whichever palette has the colors you want the second screen to show in. Then you'll have to set up a side warp(or tile warp if you don't go off a side of the screen to get to the second screen) on the first screen to take you to the second screen in the dmap you just made, and you'll have to set up another side warp in the second screen to take you back to the first dmap/screen. I'm sure one of the tutorials explains how to do this a little better, so I'll look for one of them explaining it, then I'll post the link here.