PDA

View Full Version : How Long Did It Take You To Complete Your Quest?

Spudnickator
05-23-2005, 03:55 PM
All explained in the title. I just want to know if i'm slipping behind or going way to fast. So if you've made a quest post how long it took you, and the name of your quest. Plus, this may help other people as well.

Spudnickator
05-23-2005, 03:55 PM
All explained in the title. I just want to know if i'm slipping behind or going way to fast. So if you've made a quest post how long it took you, and the name of your quest. Plus, this may help other people as well.

Sephiroth
05-24-2005, 12:19 AM
I have two quests completed and one under construction.

The two completed quests are:
The Legend of Link: and Hia Adventure to Snortsia and The Legend of Link: and Hia Return to Snortsia

Each quest took approximately six months each.

Sephiroth
05-24-2005, 12:19 AM
I have two quests completed and one under construction.

The two completed quests are:
The Legend of Link: and Hia Adventure to Snortsia and The Legend of Link: and Hia Return to Snortsia

Each quest took approximately six months each.

Spudnickator
05-24-2005, 12:19 PM
whats the name of the one under construction?

Spudnickator
05-24-2005, 12:19 PM

*b*
05-24-2005, 03:29 PM
four years, and I still haven't completed one. I'm not the most efficient person in the world

*b*
05-24-2005, 03:29 PM
four years, and I still haven't completed one. I'm not the most efficient person in the world

VEL
05-24-2005, 06:10 PM
I think "Mario's Insane Rampage" took over 2 years, and "LEXX" also took around that long I think. I don't know how long "BS Zelda Remake" took, but I do plan on adding more to it someday. The sequel to MIR took only a couple of months, but alot of it was just an edited MIR and was pretty short. I also have a bunch of other unfinished ones.

VEL
05-24-2005, 06:10 PM
I think "Mario's Insane Rampage" took over 2 years, and "LEXX" also took around that long I think. I don't know how long "BS Zelda Remake" took, but I do plan on adding more to it someday. The sequel to MIR took only a couple of months, but alot of it was just an edited MIR and was pretty short. I also have a bunch of other unfinished ones.

Spudnickator
05-25-2005, 04:20 PM
wow, they do take long. I'm on the 1st (really 2nd but long story) level on mine, and ive been doing it for about a month or 2. BIG overworlds though

Ganondork
05-28-2005, 10:25 PM
I have 2 quests under construction.The Last Defiance ( y won't anyone make a comment on the thread about it?No not the closed down one but the new one that i didnt get sidetracked on) which took me 3 monthes to get through the first 2 levels, plus i had to go back and make the edit once i figured out how to use lockblocks (im pitiful). The (almost) Impossible Quest took me about a week. But, T(a)IQ is a literally direct sequel to zelda1 and it's just one insanely hard,6-room dungeon. I have a bad habit of starting a quest but getting another idea 4 a quest and i drop the other one. (taiq i am trying to submit. I am a noob, after all.)(please help!)

Toaofgamecube
05-28-2005, 10:44 PM
I am working on a Metroid Prime quest, I am about 3/8 of the way done and I've been working for a couple of days, maybe a week?

Love For Fire
05-29-2005, 01:18 AM
I'm about 80% done with my game... and I've been working on it for about 3-4 months... some people work faster than others... I remember DarkFlameWolf said Isle of the Winds took only two weeks to make...

Sephiroth
05-29-2005, 01:46 AM
the name of the quest in progress is: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Return to Snortsia: Master Quest and It's taken me about 6 months and is still not complete. >_>

Strider1982
05-29-2005, 05:19 AM
Well, I had nearly completed a quest in almost a year, and then a virus fried my hard drive.

2 years later, I've revived the Legend of Sonic the Hedgehog and I'm mkaing good progress, but it's still a long ways from completion...

Shoelace
05-29-2005, 04:01 PM
Well, I haven't finished a quest yet, however, it has been one and half years since I first started working on "The Hero of Dreams". Hopefully, the game will be released soon, I say around Early July.

Toaofgamecube
05-29-2005, 07:15 PM
I work hard, and I'm going strong.. just a few more days, and The Legend of Metroid: Ocarina of Prime will be ready... After that, Hard mode will be complete in about a day.

Strider1982
05-29-2005, 11:22 PM
"The Legend of Metroid: The Ocarina of Prime"

I like the sound of that. Has a nice ring to it.

Toaofgamecube
05-30-2005, 10:56 AM
Took a while to think up...

Vargen
05-31-2005, 01:41 PM
My quest "The Wrath and Longing of Nemel" took about one and a half year to complete. My first quest (Vargens´s first quest) took about three weeks.

KAKnyght
06-01-2005, 03:30 PM
I've been working on one off and on for over 5 years, basically my whole tenure at this site. I just never have time to do anything with it, and when I do, I end up designing new tiles or redesigning existing tiles to come up with something that looks different instead of maping out the quest.

Manson Seed
06-01-2005, 11:27 PM
My Quest = Hell Awaits. Took about....3 months I think? I dunno....it was years ago. It's an oldie, but goodie! :D

Spudnickator
06-03-2005, 09:30 AM
The Legend Of Metroid: Ocarina Of Prime. Think i might download that when its done:)

Nice Title

No more?

Spudnickator
06-12-2005, 11:51 AM
Ok, im on the 3rd level on my quest, and its taken me a while!

sorry for double posting, just need to get this to the top.

DarkFlameWolf
06-12-2005, 01:08 PM
Wolfstyle = 3 days to make.
Fallen One = 6 days to make.
Fragments of Power = 4 days to make.
1st Quest Remake = 3 days to make.
Hidden Duality = 3-4 weeks to make. (total combined time, not one straight sitting)
Isle of the Winds = 2 weeks to make. (total combined time, not one straight sitting)
Ganon's Claim = 6 days to make.

Yeah, I'm pretty fast. I could easily make more quests, but I choose not to.

Spudnickator
06-13-2005, 12:14 PM
wow, you are quite fast

Strider1982
06-13-2005, 12:41 PM
I think "fast" is an understatement. Wow, DFW, that's pretty impressive speed when it comes to making quests. I've been working on my quest for a month and it's nowhere near finished.

Starkist
06-13-2005, 10:19 PM
sorry for double posting, just need to get this to the top.

That is the precise reason double posting is against the rules. If a thread needs to be on top, it will get there without you double posting. Just FYI...

It took me about three months to make my quest. I wonder if anyone still plays it...

Zelda_Warrior
06-20-2005, 06:30 PM
the oracle of hyrule took 2 years and it sucks and it's short. i amlost had it done but a floppy drive caught on fire and burned up the hardrive and i had to start over again... I do work fast fo the most part though.

Rambly
06-21-2005, 05:00 PM
I've been using Zelda Classic for four years and still haven't completed a quest.

Pathetic, I know.

Sephiroth
06-21-2005, 10:16 PM
I've been using Zelda Classic for four years and still haven't completed a quest.

Pathetic, I know.
4 years and didn't complete a quest! Where are you hiding? O_o

Rakki
06-22-2005, 10:10 AM
I'm in the same boat as Kyargu, Snort. Or maybe a little different of one cause it's actually been about 5 years for me. XD

I am working on a quest right though, but, well... My creativity is out the window right now. I need to sit down and start thinking hard, about the layout of the early areas of the game. The first town is my major holdup right now, I'm trying to make it more than just houses and a shop on flat land.

Kingboo30
06-22-2005, 04:49 PM
Nearly 1/100 done of it. I usually have 8 hours of free time since of Summer so expect it mabye around.......Early august. Might be End of July. Got ALOT of free time since I finished all my summer work in a week. I just goot figure how to make the starting point and making caves so for now......I'm just mapping. Gonna be tough. So I'll have to make a FAQ for it.

DarkFlameWolf
06-22-2005, 07:24 PM
well, provided I get another kick-ass tileset to work with soon, you may see a new quest from me within several months. But I'd first have to have the tileset. Give me something to work with and you'll have a quest. Everyone should know that with me by now. lol

looney linklord
06-22-2005, 08:02 PM
well, provided I get another kick----tileset to work with soon, you may see a new quest from me within several months. But I'd first have to have the tileset. Give me something to work with and you'll have a quest. Everyone should know that with me by now. lol

mabey you could use the "a link to the past" tileset from pure ZC :shrug: .

DarkFlameWolf
06-22-2005, 09:28 PM
true enough, but it hasn't inspired much in terms of design for me. Now Prince's new WW tileset has inspired me. If only it were finished and released.

ShadowTiger
06-22-2005, 09:34 PM

Pathetic, I know.
I have 13 unfinished quest files on the PC. The Prophecy was probably my longest-worked-on quest, at half a year. Got up to L7. ... ... Sucks.

Though, to be fair, I spend more time working with graphics than actually building the quest, so, ... that's relatively redeeming. ;) The more graphics for the community, the better.

Foxx
06-24-2005, 04:54 AM
Making Microplex took me 7 months off and on. I would say it was OK.

So far, Rise of the Undead Emperor has taken me 2½ years off and on. That's gone into making 85% of the overworld, 5 dungeons, and a system of caves. What stings is that there are certain people, who have made good quests in 6 days, who could probably take the design for RoUE and make the whole thing in about a month. When you think about it, it's really rather vexing.

Spudnickator
06-24-2005, 06:08 AM
bh4, ive played that quest, its good, you should finish it.

looney linklord
06-24-2005, 12:27 PM
you know, everything goes faster if you plan it out on paper.
trust me. i had only five screens done in like a couple of days, but then i worked it out on paper and got my overworld finished in hour

Kingboo30
06-24-2005, 02:58 PM
Yeah. I just finished the first level, Completely finished it. Who thought about having a maze in a level? Or two aquamentus's. I had to get rid of the over world and edit because it looked too darn rushed. I got rid of the whole part. I had to edit the entrance to level 1 because.....It was way too close. Now you have to find a way to get into it. The only way to get in is via a passageway. opps spoiled.

Spudnickator
06-30-2005, 01:24 PM
i had a maze in my level, and so have many other people