PDA

View Full Version : Some questions from a n00b

The_Seventh_Sag
05-21-2005, 09:21 PM
Hello, I have some questions... yes, they will sound n00bish, maybe because I am one :D . Here I go:

1. Is it fun to make the game?
2. Is it easy?
3. What kind of thing will I get to do to make the game?
4. I noticed there are three places to download the game for Windows. Does it matter which place I go to download from?

No, you don't have to answer all of them... heck, you don't even have to answer ANY of them. But, it would be nice if you did just answer one.

Thank you to all who will answer "Some questions from a n00b".

-TSS

The_Seventh_Sag
05-21-2005, 09:21 PM
Hello, I have some questions... yes, they will sound n00bish, maybe because I am one :D . Here I go:

1. Is it fun to make the game?
2. Is it easy?
3. What kind of thing will I get to do to make the game?
4. I noticed there are three places to download the game for Windows. Does it matter which place I go to download from?

No, you don't have to answer all of them... heck, you don't even have to answer ANY of them. But, it would be nice if you did just answer one.

Thank you to all who will answer "Some questions from a n00b".

-TSS

The_Seventh_Sag
05-21-2005, 10:04 PM
Also, what is a tile?

The_Seventh_Sag
05-21-2005, 10:04 PM
Also, what is a tile?

Rakki
05-22-2005, 12:57 AM
1 - Well, it really depends on if you like the quest you're making, but yes, it is fun, for me at least, using Zquest.
2 - Yes, once you learn how to do things. Some more complicated things, like cutscenes, require a bit of thought though.
3 - I don't understand what you mean by this... But you can make quests that are just like the original Zelda, or you can make them a little more like newer Zeldas with different graphics or freeformed dungeons and such.
4 - No, it doesn't matter, all three sites have the exact same files.
5 - Tiles are the graphics of a quest. Combos are a tile, where you can walk on it and a physic, like bush, or direct warp, etc.

Rakki
05-22-2005, 12:57 AM
1 - Well, it really depends on if you like the quest you're making, but yes, it is fun, for me at least, using Zquest.
2 - Yes, once you learn how to do things. Some more complicated things, like cutscenes, require a bit of thought though.
3 - I don't understand what you mean by this... But you can make quests that are just like the original Zelda, or you can make them a little more like newer Zeldas with different graphics or freeformed dungeons and such.
4 - No, it doesn't matter, all three sites have the exact same files.
5 - Tiles are the graphics of a quest. Combos are a tile, where you can walk on it and a physic, like bush, or direct warp, etc.

The_Seventh_Sag
05-22-2005, 03:50 PM
Ok. If I down-load ZC, do I have to d-l other people's quests?

The_Seventh_Sag
05-22-2005, 03:50 PM

adioboy
05-22-2005, 05:27 PM

No you don't have to download other peoples quest but it'd be a good idea to bcuz you can see what other tiles those people have and what kind of items they used in certain places and so you wont have to play the same old boring 1st quest but keep in touch with me ill be having my quest out in a while itll be ggggggggrreat! :laughing:

adioboy
05-22-2005, 05:27 PM

No you don't have to download other peoples quest but it'd be a good idea to bcuz you can see what other tiles those people have and what kind of items they used in certain places and so you wont have to play the same old boring 1st quest but keep in touch with me ill be having my quest out in a while itll be ggggggggrreat! :laughing:

The_Seventh_Sag
05-23-2005, 04:39 PM
How do you do cutscenes (or does it say in the tutorial)?

The_Seventh_Sag
05-23-2005, 04:39 PM
How do you do cutscenes (or does it say in the tutorial)?

The_Seventh_Sag
05-28-2005, 07:53 PM
Where do I make a folder for ZC?

After I d-l ZC, where do I find it?

Will it have it's own icon?

marioz
05-28-2005, 07:58 PM
it will have its own icon, you dont need to make a folder. I remember i clicked download and within 3 seconds the icon was made and a minute later I was playing

The_Seventh_Sag
05-29-2005, 01:27 AM
Thanks so much :D!