PDA

View Full Version : Healthy Eating

idontknow
05-20-2005, 09:14 AM
I'm trying to eat healthier so i've made a chart to fill in everyday of all the foods that eat and how many calories, grams of protein, and grams of fat is in each item.

First of all, how much of each (Calories, protein, and fat) should a healthy person be eating?

Also, are there any message boards, like this, solely for discussing health, dieting, & exercising that i can go to?

idontknow
05-20-2005, 09:14 AM
I'm trying to eat healthier so i've made a chart to fill in everyday of all the foods that eat and how many calories, grams of protein, and grams of fat is in each item.

First of all, how much of each (Calories, protein, and fat) should a healthy person be eating?

Also, are there any message boards, like this, solely for discussing health, dieting, & exercising that i can go to?

Lilith
05-20-2005, 09:17 AM
Don't eat.

Lilith
05-20-2005, 09:17 AM
Don't eat.

Axel
05-20-2005, 10:02 AM
Don't eat meat. Trust me, you don't need all the fat and grease for protein. Fish is all right, but apart from that just go for beans and cheese. There's another entertaining effect of this as well :D

Axel
05-20-2005, 10:02 AM
Don't eat meat. Trust me, you don't need all the fat and grease for protein. Fish is all right, but apart from that just go for beans and cheese. There's another entertaining effect of this as well :D

Rainman
05-20-2005, 12:28 PM

The amount of calories largely depends on your size and activity level. For example in highschool I was about 180 and very active in sports. At that point I had calculated in health class that I needed about 3500 calories a day. No where near that 2000 calorie diet that's supposedly average.

Here's an example of a calorie calculator: http://www.nutrition.com.sg/ha/hacalcal.asp

The proportions... I pretty much forget what I leaned in health class. It depends on body chemistry. Carbs should make a significant part of a normal diet (50-60%), but not all of it. The rest of course is made up of protein and fats, the proportions of which escape me now.. (yes, you need fats). I personally wouldn't give up proteins like Axel suggested. This is all really very much a personal thing. I like to build muscle so protein is going to be a large part of my diet. If you are a runner, than carbs should be your focus.

Rainman
05-20-2005, 12:28 PM

The amount of calories largely depends on your size and activity level. For example in highschool I was about 180 and very active in sports. At that point I had calculated in health class that I needed about 3500 calories a day. No where near that 2000 calorie diet that's supposedly average.

Here's an example of a calorie calculator: http://www.nutrition.com.sg/ha/hacalcal.asp

The proportions... I pretty much forget what I leaned in health class. It depends on body chemistry. Carbs should make a significant part of a normal diet (50-60%), but not all of it. The rest of course is made up of protein and fats, the proportions of which escape me now.. (yes, you need fats). I personally wouldn't give up proteins like Axel suggested. This is all really very much a personal thing. I like to build muscle so protein is going to be a large part of my diet. If you are a runner, than carbs should be your focus.

J.J. Maxx
05-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Make sure to drink alot of Mt. Dew as well! It's good for you! Trust me! ;)

J.J. Maxx
05-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Make sure to drink alot of Mt. Dew as well! It's good for you! Trust me! ;)

Brasel
05-20-2005, 04:41 PM
Meat is good for you. Eat meat, but stay away from fried stuff. If you're gonna eat meat, eat it only if its grilled or baked. Trust me. I lost 3% body fat in a quick fix. I also dropped from 245 pounds to 194 in less than a year eating right. Lots of veggies, fruits, and good meat. Try to stay away from the carbs if you're trying to lose weight, but maintain them in balance with the rest if you're looking to maintain and stay healthy.

Just don't over eat, and don't eat sweets and you should be good. Eating healthy sucks. I hate it with a passion. I'm maintaining my weight and body fat right now and still eating a bowl of icecream a day. Metabolism is key.

Brasel
05-20-2005, 04:41 PM
Meat is good for you. Eat meat, but stay away from fried stuff. If you're gonna eat meat, eat it only if its grilled or baked. Trust me. I lost 3% body fat in a quick fix. I also dropped from 245 pounds to 194 in less than a year eating right. Lots of veggies, fruits, and good meat. Try to stay away from the carbs if you're trying to lose weight, but maintain them in balance with the rest if you're looking to maintain and stay healthy.

Just don't over eat, and don't eat sweets and you should be good. Eating healthy sucks. I hate it with a passion. I'm maintaining my weight and body fat right now and still eating a bowl of icecream a day. Metabolism is key.

Master Ghaleon
05-20-2005, 10:13 PM
Im going to be cuttin my food intake by half.

I'll be eating bananna's, wheat bread(whole grain), Raisin brand(cereal), baked chicken.

Cut off my soda intake at work and drink water there, but I'll have soda outside work. On special occasions ill eat like im used to, but only then. and of course excerise. I think I'll lose about 20 pounds this summer which will drop me to 280. Im 300 on the dot. I'm not like butterball fat, just wanna loose a little here and there. I'm already strong enough, I dont need to lift any weights.

Master Ghaleon
05-20-2005, 10:13 PM
Im going to be cuttin my food intake by half.

I'll be eating bananna's, wheat bread(whole grain), Raisin brand(cereal), baked chicken.

Cut off my soda intake at work and drink water there, but I'll have soda outside work. On special occasions ill eat like im used to, but only then. and of course excerise. I think I'll lose about 20 pounds this summer which will drop me to 280. Im 300 on the dot. I'm not like butterball fat, just wanna loose a little here and there. I'm already strong enough, I dont need to lift any weights.

idontknow
05-21-2005, 12:19 AM
WEll, i'm not looking to lose weight at all; in fact, i wanna GAIN weight, particularly muscle--so i wanna get more PROTEIN (and i exercise like 3 or 4x per week)

idontknow
05-21-2005, 12:19 AM
WEll, i'm not looking to lose weight at all; in fact, i wanna GAIN weight, particularly muscle--so i wanna get more PROTEIN (and i exercise like 3 or 4x per week)

Verman
05-24-2005, 10:03 AM
Master Ghaleon there is no such thing as being 'strong enough'! One must always ascertain to be stronger then before.

Your 300lbs... cool! :D How tall are you if i may ask? I'm jsut asking cause im 290.

Verman
05-24-2005, 10:03 AM
Master Ghaleon there is no such thing as being 'strong enough'! One must always ascertain to be stronger then before.

Your 300lbs... cool! :D How tall are you if i may ask? I'm jsut asking cause im 290.

Glitch
05-24-2005, 11:57 AM
Fuck that diet shit. Why not live your life the way you want to. Only think you need to do is stay active.

Glitch
05-24-2005, 11:57 AM
Fuck that diet shit. Why not live your life the way you want to. Only think you need to do is stay active.