PDA

View Full Version : Gamecube games to keep me entertained...

idontknow
05-19-2005, 08:02 PM
What gamecube games should i get to keep me entertained for the summer & pass the time until the new Zelda game comes out?

idontknow
05-19-2005, 08:02 PM
What gamecube games should i get to keep me entertained for the summer & pass the time until the new Zelda game comes out?

Fiyerstorm
05-19-2005, 08:25 PM
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Sunshine, Donkey Konga 1 and 2, Paper Mario 2, and Mario Power Tennis. KTHX

Fiyerstorm
05-19-2005, 08:25 PM
Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Sunshine, Donkey Konga 1 and 2, Paper Mario 2, and Mario Power Tennis. KTHX

Masamune
05-19-2005, 08:33 PM
You forgot Tales of Symphonia.

Masamune
05-19-2005, 08:33 PM
You forgot Tales of Symphonia.

vegeta1215
05-19-2005, 09:00 PM
I'm playing Super Mario Sunshine right now and it's really fun. Before that I was playing Sonic Heroes and Eternal Darkness. Before that, Pikmin 2 and Paper Mario: TTYD, and before that Resident Evil 4. Any of these games will keep you busy. I highly recommend them all.

Also get Beyond Good and Evil! (Prince of Persia too)

UPDATE: Resident Evil 4 for the Gamecube is now only $39.99! And Tales of Symphonia is now only $19.99! (it became a Player's Choice game)

vegeta1215
05-19-2005, 09:00 PM
I'm playing Super Mario Sunshine right now and it's really fun. Before that I was playing Sonic Heroes and Eternal Darkness. Before that, Pikmin 2 and Paper Mario: TTYD, and before that Resident Evil 4. Any of these games will keep you busy. I highly recommend them all.

Also get Beyond Good and Evil! (Prince of Persia too)

UPDATE: Resident Evil 4 for the Gamecube is now only $39.99! And Tales of Symphonia is now only $19.99! (it became a Player's Choice game)

Axel
05-19-2005, 09:16 PM
Star Fox Assault. That game kicks ass. Well, the Star Fox Mercenary Unit kicks ass....

Axel
05-19-2005, 09:16 PM
Star Fox Assault. That game kicks ass. Well, the Star Fox Mercenary Unit kicks ass....

idontknow
05-20-2005, 01:59 AM
haha, i have star fox assault--the game's awesome for multiplayer & awesome the first time through, but i've beaten it so many times, its rather boring & nobody wants to play multiplayer anymore! :(

i also have Mario Power Tennis! :)

I do have Resident Evil 4 but for some reason or another, its just not my forte--i dont think i've even beaten the 1st level (and i've had this game like since christmas!)

I played Super Mario Sunshine & thought it sucked!

The others, i haven't really looked into those too much--This "Tales of Symphonia" is a cartoon, right? Any good? I hear its pretty good but just by the looks of it, i dont know if I personaly would enjoy it.

idontknow
05-20-2005, 01:59 AM
haha, i have star fox assault--the game's awesome for multiplayer & awesome the first time through, but i've beaten it so many times, its rather boring & nobody wants to play multiplayer anymore! :(

i also have Mario Power Tennis! :)

I do have Resident Evil 4 but for some reason or another, its just not my forte--i dont think i've even beaten the 1st level (and i've had this game like since christmas!)

I played Super Mario Sunshine & thought it sucked!

The others, i haven't really looked into those too much--This "Tales of Symphonia" is a cartoon, right? Any good? I hear its pretty good but just by the looks of it, i dont know if I personaly would enjoy it.

Axel
05-20-2005, 09:59 AM
Try collecting all the flags, medals, and secrets in Star Fox Assault. That'll keep you occupied. While you're at it, try collecting all the trophies in Smash Bros. Melee. Pikmin, although fruity looking, is incredibly addictive. Wind Waker's fun. Rebel Assault is tolerable, and includes Rogue Leader in 2p coop, which kicks ass. Luigi's Mansion is pretty fun, too.

Axel
05-20-2005, 09:59 AM
Try collecting all the flags, medals, and secrets in Star Fox Assault. That'll keep you occupied. While you're at it, try collecting all the trophies in Smash Bros. Melee. Pikmin, although fruity looking, is incredibly addictive. Wind Waker's fun. Rebel Assault is tolerable, and includes Rogue Leader in 2p coop, which kicks ass. Luigi's Mansion is pretty fun, too.

Archibaldo
05-20-2005, 11:56 AM
Go with RPGs. The story is sure to keep you busy. So far I've played and beaten Tales of Symphonia and Baten Kaitos, they were both excellent. I like BK because it had great twists things that you'd never see coming. Currently I'm playing Paper Mario TTYD and it's awesome. Make sure you check those games out.

Archibaldo
05-20-2005, 11:56 AM
Go with RPGs. The story is sure to keep you busy. So far I've played and beaten Tales of Symphonia and Baten Kaitos, they were both excellent. I like BK because it had great twists things that you'd never see coming. Currently I'm playing Paper Mario TTYD and it's awesome. Make sure you check those games out.

vegeta1215
05-20-2005, 12:26 PM
While you're at it, try collecting all the trophies in Smash Bros Melee...Wind Waker's fun.

YES! Trying to get all the trophies in Smash Bros will keep you very very busy. I did that once and managed to get all but 2 of them. Also, playing through the "2nd quest" of The Wind Waker and getting all the gallery figurines will keep you busy too. Some of them are tricky to get.

Tales of Symphonia is really good. It has an anime style which I just love. I wasn't sure whether I'd like it either, so I rented it before buying. I think I've put a good 60 hours into that game. Paper Mario: TTYD is a lengthy one too - I spent like 35 hours on the regular game, and am up to 54 now that I've gotten all the extras.

vegeta1215
05-20-2005, 12:26 PM
While you're at it, try collecting all the trophies in Smash Bros Melee...Wind Waker's fun.

YES! Trying to get all the trophies in Smash Bros will keep you very very busy. I did that once and managed to get all but 2 of them. Also, playing through the "2nd quest" of The Wind Waker and getting all the gallery figurines will keep you busy too. Some of them are tricky to get.

Tales of Symphonia is really good. It has an anime style which I just love. I wasn't sure whether I'd like it either, so I rented it before buying. I think I've put a good 60 hours into that game. Paper Mario: TTYD is a lengthy one too - I spent like 35 hours on the regular game, and am up to 54 now that I've gotten all the extras.

MottZilla
05-20-2005, 04:00 PM
You should get F-Zero GX. Now there's a good game. That is if for some reason you don't have it already. Same with Soul Calibur 2. Uh, there's Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes. Mario Kart Double Dash. hmm.. That's all I can think of off hand.

MottZilla
05-20-2005, 04:00 PM
You should get F-Zero GX. Now there's a good game. That is if for some reason you don't have it already. Same with Soul Calibur 2. Uh, there's Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes. Mario Kart Double Dash. hmm.. That's all I can think of off hand.

Vagla
05-23-2005, 08:05 PM
Okay, yes, to reiterate what vegeta1215 said, get Beyond Good and Evil. I just (finally) beat it and would rate it among one of the best games I've ever played, although it could stand to be a few hours longer (it took me under 14 hours to beat, and I did everything). But yeah, definitely try to find a copy on eBay or elsewhere (you won't find new copies in stores since it didn't do so well); it's well worth it.

Vagla
05-23-2005, 08:05 PM
Okay, yes, to reiterate what vegeta1215 said, get Beyond Good and Evil. I just (finally) beat it and would rate it among one of the best games I've ever played, although it could stand to be a few hours longer (it took me under 14 hours to beat, and I did everything). But yeah, definitely try to find a copy on eBay or elsewhere (you won't find new copies in stores since it didn't do so well); it's well worth it.

vegeta1215
05-23-2005, 09:09 PM
Okay, yes, to reiterate what vegeta1215 said, get Beyond Good and Evil. I just (finally) beat it and would rate it among one of the best games I've ever played...

I absolutely loved the final scenes in that game and the last boss battle (took me a while to figure out how to beat it though). I only wish the extra scene after the credits wasn't there, cause then not having a sequel wouldn't be quite as bad...

vegeta1215
05-23-2005, 09:09 PM
Okay, yes, to reiterate what vegeta1215 said, get Beyond Good and Evil. I just (finally) beat it and would rate it among one of the best games I've ever played...

I absolutely loved the final scenes in that game and the last boss battle (took me a while to figure out how to beat it though). I only wish the extra scene after the credits wasn't there, cause then not having a sequel wouldn't be quite as bad...

Vagla
05-23-2005, 11:22 PM
I actually kinda wish the ending had been longer, but I guess it's fine as it is. I really hope they make a sequel, but I'm sure we won't get that lucky. I wonder why people didn't buy the game...

Oh, another issue I have with it is that it's pretty easy. At the very least, having there be a lot less money would have been great, since I had around 14,000 units much of the time in the latter portion of the game and could buy anything and everything; I went into the final battle with nearly 20 boxes of k-bups (and I could have afforded a ton more at the market) and it was a breeze, though it took a bit to figure out how to kill the damn boss. *shrugs*

And why is it all the stuff I really like winds up going without necessary sequels? War Planets: Shadow Raiders got cancelled at the end of the second season with just one more season to go before it was finished, leaving me with a cliff hanger much like that in Beyond Good & Evil, and Invasion America was canned after the first season, leaving a whole lot unresolved. You'd think the good stuff would be finished properly and the BAD stuff would be canned. :P

Vagla
05-23-2005, 11:22 PM
I actually kinda wish the ending had been longer, but I guess it's fine as it is. I really hope they make a sequel, but I'm sure we won't get that lucky. I wonder why people didn't buy the game...

Oh, another issue I have with it is that it's pretty easy. At the very least, having there be a lot less money would have been great, since I had around 14,000 units much of the time in the latter portion of the game and could buy anything and everything; I went into the final battle with nearly 20 boxes of k-bups (and I could have afforded a ton more at the market) and it was a breeze, though it took a bit to figure out how to kill the damn boss. *shrugs*

And why is it all the stuff I really like winds up going without necessary sequels? War Planets: Shadow Raiders got cancelled at the end of the second season with just one more season to go before it was finished, leaving me with a cliff hanger much like that in Beyond Good & Evil, and Invasion America was canned after the first season, leaving a whole lot unresolved. You'd think the good stuff would be finished properly and the BAD stuff would be canned. :P

PolygonX8
05-24-2005, 12:54 AM
Everyone has recommended some great games (save for SMS which was the worst Mario game next to MiM), and I do agree PM2/PMTTYD is a great one. The regualr game should take you somewhere between 20-40 hours (Took me 28), and there's tons more to do. Right now, I'm over 60 hours going to level 99 (A friend of mine has done this, and has the stats of 200 HP, 145 FP, and 99 BP. I have no life like he does, and it's essential for 100% completion).

Do you like racing games, IDK? F-Zero GX will keep you occupied; hardest racing game ever. Took me a week and a half to get everything (long considering the fact I beat games 100% in a few days of obtaining them).

Oh, and both Metroid Primes of course.

If you get all these games we've listed, you'll be more than busy.

PolygonX8
05-24-2005, 12:54 AM
Everyone has recommended some great games (save for SMS which was the worst Mario game next to MiM), and I do agree PM2/PMTTYD is a great one. The regualr game should take you somewhere between 20-40 hours (Took me 28), and there's tons more to do. Right now, I'm over 60 hours going to level 99 (A friend of mine has done this, and has the stats of 200 HP, 145 FP, and 99 BP. I have no life like he does, and it's essential for 100% completion).

Do you like racing games, IDK? F-Zero GX will keep you occupied; hardest racing game ever. Took me a week and a half to get everything (long considering the fact I beat games 100% in a few days of obtaining them).

Oh, and both Metroid Primes of course.

If you get all these games we've listed, you'll be more than busy.

idontknow
05-24-2005, 11:33 AM
I have Metroid Prime 2--i hear its a lot like the original so i'd rather not get the first--i'm almost done w/ MP2, i've kinda given up on it for awhile (i'm at the Sky Fortress with that Boss that has all those tenticles--very hard!)

I do like racing games, some of them anyway. I have Mario Kart: Double Dash! which now is only fun w/ friends.

What about a game thats very fun as a multiplayer with a lotta different unlockables or game modes?

Multiplayer games i have:
1) MK:DD!!
2) Mario Party 4
3) MP5
4) Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
5) Mario Golf
6) Super Smash Bros
7) Mario Tennis
8) Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
--However, i've played all these sooo many times & have unlocked everything already pretty much so that its to the point where i'm bored with these games.

Games I can't Wait for!
--Mario Baseball
--Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
--Super Mario Strikers
--Mario DDR (well, i can't wait to try it, it may be kinda stupid)
--Mario Party 7
--Soul Caliber III

Also, what do you all think of these games:
1) Donkey Konga
2) Donkey Konga 2 (and which one is better if you've played both)
3) Mario Party 6
4) Super Monkey Ball 2

idontknow
05-24-2005, 11:33 AM
I have Metroid Prime 2--i hear its a lot like the original so i'd rather not get the first--i'm almost done w/ MP2, i've kinda given up on it for awhile (i'm at the Sky Fortress with that Boss that has all those tenticles--very hard!)

I do like racing games, some of them anyway. I have Mario Kart: Double Dash! which now is only fun w/ friends.

What about a game thats very fun as a multiplayer with a lotta different unlockables or game modes?

Multiplayer games i have:
1) MK:DD!!
2) Mario Party 4
3) MP5
4) Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
5) Mario Golf
6) Super Smash Bros
7) Mario Tennis
8) Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
--However, i've played all these sooo many times & have unlocked everything already pretty much so that its to the point where i'm bored with these games.

Games I can't Wait for!
--Mario Baseball
--Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
--Super Mario Strikers
--Mario DDR (well, i can't wait to try it, it may be kinda stupid)
--Mario Party 7
--Soul Caliber III

Also, what do you all think of these games:
1) Donkey Konga
2) Donkey Konga 2 (and which one is better if you've played both)
3) Mario Party 6
4) Super Monkey Ball 2

Strider1982
05-24-2005, 12:51 PM
If you're looking for RPG's try Skies of Arcadia: Legends. It's an update of a Dreamcast game, but still a good FF-style RPG. It kind of hard to find these days, though...

Strider1982
05-24-2005, 12:51 PM
If you're looking for RPG's try Skies of Arcadia: Legends. It's an update of a Dreamcast game, but still a good FF-style RPG. It kind of hard to find these days, though...

Vagla
05-24-2005, 02:19 PM
I wouldn't ignore Metroid Prime just because I had MP2 if I were you. I think MP1 is the better of the two games; you'll be missing out. And as for multiplayer, maybe a Timesplitters game? *shrugs*

Vagla
05-24-2005, 02:19 PM
I wouldn't ignore Metroid Prime just because I had MP2 if I were you. I think MP1 is the better of the two games; you'll be missing out. And as for multiplayer, maybe a Timesplitters game? *shrugs*

OLsen
05-24-2005, 03:12 PM
I'm currently enjoying MP2 and Billy Hatcher, both which I highly recommend. MP2 if you want mroe action and story, Billy Hatcher if you want some original platformer.

OLsen
05-24-2005, 03:12 PM
I'm currently enjoying MP2 and Billy Hatcher, both which I highly recommend. MP2 if you want mroe action and story, Billy Hatcher if you want some original platformer.

vegeta1215
05-24-2005, 04:14 PM

I was thinking about checking out Billy Hatcher. It looks like it's a fun game. The only thing keeping me from getting it is the mixed reviews it's gotten: some people really like it, others don't. I've also read some complaints about the camera and controls.

Can you tell me a little more about it please?

vegeta1215
05-24-2005, 04:14 PM

I was thinking about checking out Billy Hatcher. It looks like it's a fun game. The only thing keeping me from getting it is the mixed reviews it's gotten: some people really like it, others don't. I've also read some complaints about the camera and controls.

Can you tell me a little more about it please?

Dechipher
05-24-2005, 05:31 PM
Donkey Konga kinda sucks, actually.... IMO.

Just get a working SNES with The Lost Vikings and the original SMRPG....that'll keep you.

Dechipher
05-24-2005, 05:31 PM

Just get a working SNES with The Lost Vikings and the original SMRPG....that'll keep you.

AlexMax
05-25-2005, 01:19 PM

Yep. Donky Konga is like a stupid version of Taiko no Tatsujin (Taiko Drum Expert, which came out for the American PS2 a while ago). You just can't beat a game that has Katamari Damancy theme song and Rock the Dragon. Donkey Konga just doesn't stack up.

Just don't try story mode chapter seven.