PDA

View Full Version : Wow, talk about reviving a classic...

Warlock
05-19-2005, 03:31 PM
http://ds.ign.com/articles/616/616425p1.html

That game rocked on NES.. this might be pretty good

Warlock
05-19-2005, 03:31 PM
http://ds.ign.com/articles/616/616425p1.html

That game rocked on NES.. this might be pretty good

Orion
05-19-2005, 03:47 PM
On that note, somewhere in IGN's interview with Miyamoto, he states that they will probably be working on a Kid Icarus game for Revolution. At least that's what I gathered from it.

I can't say I've ever played a Boy and his Blob though. Is it good?

Orion
05-19-2005, 03:47 PM
On that note, somewhere in IGN's interview with Miyamoto, he states that they will probably be working on a Kid Icarus game for Revolution. At least that's what I gathered from it.

I can't say I've ever played a Boy and his Blob though. Is it good?

vegeta1215
05-19-2005, 03:55 PM
My friend had A Boy and His Blob for the NES. You basically feed the Blob these different types of jelly beans to give him abilities that help you uncover secrets and new areas. My friend described it as the hardest game ever, and this is coming from someone who managed to beat the Friday the 13th NES game (it's a terrible game, but it is hard)

vegeta1215
05-19-2005, 03:55 PM
My friend had A Boy and His Blob for the NES. You basically feed the Blob these different types of jelly beans to give him abilities that help you uncover secrets and new areas. My friend described it as the hardest game ever, and this is coming from someone who managed to beat the Friday the 13th NES game (it's a terrible game, but it is hard)

DarkDragoonX
05-19-2005, 05:57 PM
A Boy and His Blob worked along similar gameplay lines as Out of this World and Flashback. An adventure game with platforming elements. It IS hard, but it's quite fun as well.

DarkDragoonX
05-19-2005, 05:57 PM
A Boy and His Blob worked along similar gameplay lines as Out of this World and Flashback. An adventure game with platforming elements. It IS hard, but it's quite fun as well.

mikeron
05-19-2005, 07:40 PM
I expected this thread to be about Civ IV. Seriously though, this revival movement would be awesome if they would redo a lot of the games I loved for the original Gameboy.

mikeron
05-19-2005, 07:40 PM
I expected this thread to be about Civ IV. Seriously though, this revival movement would be awesome if they would redo a lot of the games I loved for the original Gameboy.

MANDRAG GANON
05-20-2005, 12:24 AM
STFU!! this is awesome, I loved that game so much!

I don't care so much for the graphics but hell, who cares!

*whistles Boy and his blob theme and munches some jellybeans*

MANDRAG GANON
05-20-2005, 12:24 AM
STFU!! this is awesome, I loved that game so much!

I don't care so much for the graphics but hell, who cares!

*whistles Boy and his blob theme and munches some jellybeans*

Warlock
05-20-2005, 02:53 AM
Yeah, the graphics are a bit odd but if you look at the original I suppose it's not actually that much of a stretch (just more colorful).

The original game rocked though. I used to have my maps from Nintendo Power and I could beat the whole thing. Really the hardest part was trying to figure out where to drop down from the main street since about 75% of the areas you could turn the blob into a hole would drop you to your DEATH :D The game was kinda quirky that way.. you had to be careful because the boy tended to slide and like any fall would kill his lame ass :)

I also remember the blob didn't like grape jellybeans but if you threw whatever one was first and then switched to grape he turned into a wall. It served absolutely no purpose but it was wierd. There was also a fun bug where you would throw the blob as a bowling ball and as he went across all the screens the enemies would disappear when you visited them then :) heh..

Warlock
05-20-2005, 02:53 AM
Yeah, the graphics are a bit odd but if you look at the original I suppose it's not actually that much of a stretch (just more colorful).

The original game rocked though. I used to have my maps from Nintendo Power and I could beat the whole thing. Really the hardest part was trying to figure out where to drop down from the main street since about 75% of the areas you could turn the blob into a hole would drop you to your DEATH :D The game was kinda quirky that way.. you had to be careful because the boy tended to slide and like any fall would kill his lame ass :)

I also remember the blob didn't like grape jellybeans but if you threw whatever one was first and then switched to grape he turned into a wall. It served absolutely no purpose but it was wierd. There was also a fun bug where you would throw the blob as a bowling ball and as he went across all the screens the enemies would disappear when you visited them then :) heh..

DarkDragoonX
05-20-2005, 09:53 AM
Yeah, the bowling ball trick made getting past those bombs in the last area a breeze. (weren't they cherry bombs? My memory's a bit hazy.)

DarkDragoonX
05-20-2005, 09:53 AM
Yeah, the bowling ball trick made getting past those bombs in the last area a breeze. (weren't they cherry bombs? My memory's a bit hazy.)

Steezy20
05-20-2005, 10:19 AM
That was probably the first console game that i ever played. One of the most original and imaginative ever. Lets hope they don't ruin it with a newer version like all other re-makes seem to have done.

Dude! Remember the bean that made the blob turn into a rocket and fly miles away! Quite a surprise when you don't know what the beans actually do.

Steezy20
05-20-2005, 10:19 AM
That was probably the first console game that i ever played. One of the most original and imaginative ever. Lets hope they don't ruin it with a newer version like all other re-makes seem to have done.

Dude! Remember the bean that made the blob turn into a rocket and fly miles away! Quite a surprise when you don't know what the beans actually do.

Grasshopper
05-20-2005, 11:24 AM

I'm pretty sure it was cheery bombs...but then again my mind is still looking at the peppermint candies and the bouncing marshmellows.

But I thought it was ketchup jellybeans he didn't like. I honestly do not remember a grape jellybean.

But if they want to make it true to life...just replace those ketchup jellybeans with buttered popcorn jellybeans. Those things are God awful. :laughing:

Grasshopper
05-20-2005, 11:24 AM

I'm pretty sure it was cheery bombs...but then again my mind is still looking at the peppermint candies and the bouncing marshmellows.

But I thought it was ketchup jellybeans he didn't like. I honestly do not remember a grape jellybean.

But if they want to make it true to life...just replace those ketchup jellybeans with buttered popcorn jellybeans. Those things are God awful. :laughing: