PDA

View Full Version : Oh snap! AoE for DS!

theplustwo
05-19-2005, 12:50 PM
Check it out:

http://images.theplustwo.com/agn/aoe_ds.png

I may end up needing to get a DS after all...

theplustwo
05-19-2005, 12:50 PM
Check it out:

http://images.theplustwo.com/agn/aoe_ds.png

I may end up needing to get a DS after all...

ShadowTiger
05-19-2005, 12:52 PM
... ... You're kidding. :odd: ... ...

That's so ...

No way.

No way.

If you have it for the PC, you're set. :sweat:

Yo, those trees and mountains look GBA quality. :odd: Not quite up to par with the DS. -_-; PC version is so much cheaper anyway.

ShadowTiger
05-19-2005, 12:52 PM
... ... You're kidding. :odd: ... ...

That's so ...

No way.

No way.

If you have it for the PC, you're set. :sweat:

Yo, those trees and mountains look GBA quality. :odd: Not quite up to par with the DS. -_-; PC version is so much cheaper anyway.

theplustwo
05-19-2005, 12:55 PM
But you can't play the PC version at the bus stop. :)

theplustwo
05-19-2005, 12:55 PM
But you can't play the PC version at the bus stop. :)

ShadowTiger
05-19-2005, 12:58 PM
Lol. ... ... You'd think. :p Actually, yes I have. I've got crazy friends at college who bring laptops with them everywhere. We had a little AoK party while riding the bus home together to work on some project.

Though, in those screenshots, I'm a bit worried about resource gathering. It looks like they're meshing large scale and small scale at the same time into one screen. :odd: Those graphics scare me.

ShadowTiger
05-19-2005, 12:58 PM
Lol. ... ... You'd think. :p Actually, yes I have. I've got crazy friends at college who bring laptops with them everywhere. We had a little AoK party while riding the bus home together to work on some project.

Though, in those screenshots, I'm a bit worried about resource gathering. It looks like they're meshing large scale and small scale at the same time into one screen. :odd: Those graphics scare me.

theplustwo
05-19-2005, 01:05 PM
I think they intentionally made the units larger for visibility reasons. It looks sort of like an RPG overworld.

I probably won't be getting a DS actually, although this, the new Mario platformer and Mario and Luigi 2 sure as hell make it tempting (not to mention Nintendogs and Animal Crossing DS and Kirby: Canvas Curse and Yoshi Touch and Go).

But I think I'll be satiated by Yoshi Topsy Turvy, Donkey Kong: King of Swing, Mario Tennis, and the new Harvest Moon for GBA. Not to mention the new GCN Zelda, Kirby, and Pokemon games, and Mario Baseball and Soccer, along with Odama.

Nintendo has pretty much spent my next year's worth of money before I've even had a chance to make it. :laughing:

theplustwo
05-19-2005, 01:05 PM
I think they intentionally made the units larger for visibility reasons. It looks sort of like an RPG overworld.

I probably won't be getting a DS actually, although this, the new Mario platformer and Mario and Luigi 2 sure as hell make it tempting (not to mention Nintendogs and Animal Crossing DS and Kirby: Canvas Curse and Yoshi Touch and Go).

But I think I'll be satiated by Yoshi Topsy Turvy, Donkey Kong: King of Swing, Mario Tennis, and the new Harvest Moon for GBA. Not to mention the new GCN Zelda, Kirby, and Pokemon games, and Mario Baseball and Soccer, along with Odama.

Nintendo has pretty much spent my next year's worth of money before I've even had a chance to make it. :laughing:

DarkDragoonX
05-19-2005, 05:54 PM
You know, when the DS was first announced, somebody here said that it would be a great platform for RTS games... now, who said that? Oh, that's right, it was me!

Although I would rather see WarCraft 2 or StarCraft than AoE.

DarkDragoonX
05-19-2005, 05:54 PM
You know, when the DS was first announced, somebody here said that it would be a great platform for RTS games... now, who said that? Oh, that's right, it was me!

Although I would rather see WarCraft 2 or StarCraft than AoE.

Skulkraken
05-19-2005, 10:17 PM
Check again:

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/strategy/ageofempiresiiageofkings/preview_6125843.html

Looks like it's going to be a turn-based game...

Skulkraken
05-19-2005, 10:17 PM
Check again:

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/strategy/ageofempiresiiageofkings/preview_6125843.html

Looks like it's going to be a turn-based game...

AlexMax
05-20-2005, 12:01 AM
It's about fucking time we saw an RTS on the DS.

Now for Starcraft.

AlexMax
05-20-2005, 12:01 AM
It's about fucking time we saw an RTS on the DS.

Now for Starcraft.

theplustwo
05-22-2005, 02:12 AM
It's about fucking time we saw an RTS on the DS.Yeah, I just realized when I saw these screens that the DS is pretty much the perfect platform for mobile RTS gaming, since the stylus would actually work much better as a unit selecting control than the D-Pad or a joystick, the use of which usually makes playing RTS games with a gamepad really clunky compared to using the mouse. Plus, the dual screens would be useful for displaying the amounts of on-screen info that most RTSs have on a small screen without completely obscuring the action.

theplustwo
05-22-2005, 02:12 AM
It's about fucking time we saw an RTS on the DS.Yeah, I just realized when I saw these screens that the DS is pretty much the perfect platform for mobile RTS gaming, since the stylus would actually work much better as a unit selecting control than the D-Pad or a joystick, the use of which usually makes playing RTS games with a gamepad really clunky compared to using the mouse. Plus, the dual screens would be useful for displaying the amounts of on-screen info that most RTSs have on a small screen without completely obscuring the action.

Samson007
05-22-2005, 12:32 PM
whoa, i wasnt going to get a DS either, but dang it, so many sweet games coming out now~

Samson007
05-22-2005, 12:32 PM
whoa, i wasnt going to get a DS either, but dang it, so many sweet games coming out now~