PDA

View Full Version : Rollercoaster Tycoon 3

Grasshopper
05-19-2005, 12:49 PM
There is a new expansion coming out for this game next month but I don't have the first game. I'm not going to ask peoples opinions about the game, because I'll just get a bunch of different responses and I've already played the demo, so I know what to expect. My opinion is what matters to me. :)

I thought the game was pretty fun. So I'm thinking about picking it up now and grabbing the expansion as well. But what I'm wanting to know is for the ones who've played it...does it run that bad in game? I have a better computer so you think it would run it better, but it doesn't. The demo is still clunky, and there is framerate drops and lag sometimes.

This detracts from the fun a bit, but I still like it. How was the final product though?

Grasshopper
05-19-2005, 12:49 PM
There is a new expansion coming out for this game next month but I don't have the first game. I'm not going to ask peoples opinions about the game, because I'll just get a bunch of different responses and I've already played the demo, so I know what to expect. My opinion is what matters to me. :)

I thought the game was pretty fun. So I'm thinking about picking it up now and grabbing the expansion as well. But what I'm wanting to know is for the ones who've played it...does it run that bad in game? I have a better computer so you think it would run it better, but it doesn't. The demo is still clunky, and there is framerate drops and lag sometimes.

This detracts from the fun a bit, but I still like it. How was the final product though?

ShadowTiger
05-19-2005, 01:02 PM
.. Er .. Wait a minute, what speed is your PC? What's the framerate that you get on it? o_o

I doubt it'd run well on an AMD 1700 512 MB Ram machine. >_< At all.

I also heard that path-placement was an awkward issue. But is riding the rides fun? :p

ShadowTiger
05-19-2005, 01:02 PM
.. Er .. Wait a minute, what speed is your PC? What's the framerate that you get on it? o_o

I doubt it'd run well on an AMD 1700 512 MB Ram machine. >_< At all.

I also heard that path-placement was an awkward issue. But is riding the rides fun? :p

Grasshopper
05-19-2005, 03:13 PM
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
Geforce 6600GT
1Gb Ram

I don't know the exact framerate, but you can definetly tell there is drops or hangs in it sometimes. Its not a solid framerate like Doom 3 has.

Riding the rides though has its novelty. You can ride anything, but there isn't much to ride in the demo. But its just nice to be able to see the park in 3D and get real close to it. In terms of detail, RCT2 has the most amount of anything. But I think its still fun.

Grasshopper
05-19-2005, 03:13 PM
AMD Athlon 64 3500+
Geforce 6600GT
1Gb Ram

I don't know the exact framerate, but you can definetly tell there is drops or hangs in it sometimes. Its not a solid framerate like Doom 3 has.

Riding the rides though has its novelty. You can ride anything, but there isn't much to ride in the demo. But its just nice to be able to see the park in 3D and get real close to it. In terms of detail, RCT2 has the most amount of anything. But I think its still fun.

Darth Marsden
05-20-2005, 09:37 AM
Bought it, played it, got bored with it. But that's just me, Mr Can't-Stick-With-Anything-For-Longer-Then-A-Month. Riding the rides is great fun, especially when you spend forever building them, getting them JUST right. Essentially, think RCT2 in 3D and you're there. It is a good game, but it's like the Sims... it'll be three in the morning before you realise it.

And Doom 3 has a solid framerate? HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!! Try telling that to my computer!

Darth Marsden
05-20-2005, 09:37 AM
Bought it, played it, got bored with it. But that's just me, Mr Can't-Stick-With-Anything-For-Longer-Then-A-Month. Riding the rides is great fun, especially when you spend forever building them, getting them JUST right. Essentially, think RCT2 in 3D and you're there. It is a good game, but it's like the Sims... it'll be three in the morning before you realise it.

And Doom 3 has a solid framerate? HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!!! Try telling that to my computer!