PDA

View Full Version : transfer saves between versions?

ucinv
05-19-2005, 11:12 AM
Ok, first of all hope this wasnt already posted, but I apparently don't have sufficient permissions to search the forum.

I've been using Zelda Classic v. 2.10 to play Dreams of Yesterday. I've gotten very far in it, but then I notice an unplayable bug in the 3rd or 4th dungeon (The archaeological dig): After you die, you are restarted on the wall/roof tiles and can't get back into the game, scrolling through screens you continue walking on roof tiles and cant get into "the room" area. After reading that a custom quest should be played using the version it was made with, I installed the Zelda Classic v1.92 Beta183 hoping to correct this problem. The problem is the saved games are on the v. 2.10! Is there a way to transfer saves between versions?

ucinv
05-19-2005, 11:12 AM
Ok, first of all hope this wasnt already posted, but I apparently don't have sufficient permissions to search the forum.

I've been using Zelda Classic v. 2.10 to play Dreams of Yesterday. I've gotten very far in it, but then I notice an unplayable bug in the 3rd or 4th dungeon (The archaeological dig): After you die, you are restarted on the wall/roof tiles and can't get back into the game, scrolling through screens you continue walking on roof tiles and cant get into "the room" area. After reading that a custom quest should be played using the version it was made with, I installed the Zelda Classic v1.92 Beta183 hoping to correct this problem. The problem is the saved games are on the v. 2.10! Is there a way to transfer saves between versions?

Dart Zaidyer
05-19-2005, 06:43 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think there is. If swapping out the save files doesn't work, then there's no other way.

Dart Zaidyer
05-19-2005, 06:43 PM
Unfortunately, I don't think there is. If swapping out the save files doesn't work, then there's no other way.