PDA

View Full Version : zelda classic on a 486

merder
05-19-2005, 06:42 AM
my computer died a while ago so i did'nt do much at this site but now i'm wondering if zc 2.10 could work on 486 dx4 100 if not i don'nt mind working with an older zc but if zc 2.10 doesn't work on a 486 with windows 95 i want to know how to switch pages on older zc's(those pages that show tiles)

merder
05-19-2005, 06:42 AM
my computer died a while ago so i did'nt do much at this site but now i'm wondering if zc 2.10 could work on 486 dx4 100 if not i don'nt mind working with an older zc but if zc 2.10 doesn't work on a 486 with windows 95 i want to know how to switch pages on older zc's(those pages that show tiles)

Dark Knight
05-19-2005, 10:12 AM
You can possibly get 2.10 to work on a computer such as yours, but, I'm not sure. Anyways. You need to be more specific about "the pages that show tiles". Are you talking about the combo page? The area that shows all the tiles on the right side of the screen, or the Tiles screen in the menu?. If it's either the Tiles screen or Combo page Screen, just click on the up or down arrows(look like this: ^ V, with the page number in between the two). If it's the tile area on the right side of teh screen, go to Misc---->Options and turn on Mouse Scrolling and just hover the mouse at the bottom of the tile area to scroll down, or at the top to scroll up.

Dark Knight
05-19-2005, 10:12 AM
You can possibly get 2.10 to work on a computer such as yours, but, I'm not sure. Anyways. You need to be more specific about "the pages that show tiles". Are you talking about the combo page? The area that shows all the tiles on the right side of the screen, or the Tiles screen in the menu?. If it's either the Tiles screen or Combo page Screen, just click on the up or down arrows(look like this: ^ V, with the page number in between the two). If it's the tile area on the right side of teh screen, go to Misc---->Options and turn on Mouse Scrolling and just hover the mouse at the bottom of the tile area to scroll down, or at the top to scroll up.

Sephiroth
05-19-2005, 07:51 PM
Is it possible to get this running on a laptop with Windows 3.1 on it? O_o

Sephiroth
05-19-2005, 07:51 PM
Is it possible to get this running on a laptop with Windows 3.1 on it? O_o

Legend789
05-19-2005, 08:54 PM
486 with windows 95? laptop with Windows 3.1? You guys are so lucky, you're making me jealous.

All that I have is an emachines T2892 with Win XP, and it stinks for games.

Legend789
05-19-2005, 08:54 PM
486 with windows 95? laptop with Windows 3.1? You guys are so lucky, you're making me jealous.

All that I have is an emachines T2892 with Win XP, and it stinks for games.

merder
05-20-2005, 08:41 AM
thanks i'l try installing zc on my 486. if it works i'l go and building a world but i don't think that world wil be with link as the hero but rather a hero i made up my self(that hero is already 8 or 9 years old). and the name is bazooka bear(the name already won a name on another forum :D . and now for more details i meant the combo page yes but i only know hoe to swap pages in 2.10 but not in older versions :( . i'l try installing 2.10 later on the temp 486 if it works i'l copy the project to my own computer if it works again.

merder
05-20-2005, 08:41 AM
thanks i'l try installing zc on my 486. if it works i'l go and building a world but i don't think that world wil be with link as the hero but rather a hero i made up my self(that hero is already 8 or 9 years old). and the name is bazooka bear(the name already won a name on another forum :D . and now for more details i meant the combo page yes but i only know hoe to swap pages in 2.10 but not in older versions :( . i'l try installing 2.10 later on the temp 486 if it works i'l copy the project to my own computer if it works again.

MottZilla
05-20-2005, 04:15 PM
Um, can't you go to the junk yard or a garage sale and atleast buy a pentium 200mhz machine? 486, damn man, that's ancient.

MottZilla
05-20-2005, 04:15 PM
Um, can't you go to the junk yard or a garage sale and atleast buy a pentium 200mhz machine? 486, damn man, that's ancient.

Rose
05-20-2005, 05:31 PM
Dang thats gotta be slow... I Remember using a 133 for Zc about 2 yrs ago till I upgraded to a 2.6 Ghz. All I gotta say is goodluck to ya on a 486.

Rose
05-20-2005, 05:31 PM
Dang thats gotta be slow... I Remember using a 133 for Zc about 2 yrs ago till I upgraded to a 2.6 Ghz. All I gotta say is goodluck to ya on a 486.

merder
05-21-2005, 06:03 AM
slow ummmmmmm no its actually decent at speed(at some games even faster then my old pentium 2 mmx) if i get zc to work on it i'l start a world with bazooka bear and open a topic at the qeust ann/disc forum. but first thing first i gotta get zc on the 486 first so maybe in a few days i'l start that qeust :D

merder
05-21-2005, 06:03 AM
slow ummmmmmm no its actually decent at speed(at some games even faster then my old pentium 2 mmx) if i get zc to work on it i'l start a world with bazooka bear and open a topic at the qeust ann/disc forum. but first thing first i gotta get zc on the 486 first so maybe in a few days i'l start that qeust :D