PDA

View Full Version : Diablowned III

Fiyerstorm
05-19-2005, 03:50 AM
:O

Discuss.

All I know that it is going to happen (which I am <3sy about)

Anyone know anything else?

Fiyerstorm
05-19-2005, 03:50 AM
:O

Discuss.

All I know that it is going to happen (which I am <3sy about)

Anyone know anything else?

Rainman
05-19-2005, 01:24 PM
Sounds cool, but I want Starcraft II. :(

Rainman
05-19-2005, 01:24 PM
Sounds cool, but I want Starcraft II. :(

ShadowTiger
05-19-2005, 01:57 PM
Yeah, ... sadly, so do I. =/ Starcraft just redefined the way I thought about gaming. And Tupac Shakur. (Er.. Nevermind. XD :laughing: )

But do we really need another runhackslash game, when we've got games which do the same thing, but only more intricately?

ShadowTiger
05-19-2005, 01:57 PM
Yeah, ... sadly, so do I. =/ Starcraft just redefined the way I thought about gaming. And Tupac Shakur. (Er.. Nevermind. XD :laughing: )

But do we really need another runhackslash game, when we've got games which do the same thing, but only more intricately?

Warlock
05-19-2005, 03:37 PM
Of course it's going to happen. That's like asking if Blizzard is going to completely abandon their Diablo franchise. That doesn't mean it's in development or even in conceptual stages yet.

Warlock
05-19-2005, 03:37 PM
Of course it's going to happen. That's like asking if Blizzard is going to completely abandon their Diablo franchise. That doesn't mean it's in development or even in conceptual stages yet.

DarkDragoonX
05-19-2005, 05:51 PM
Personally, Diablo II got incredibly boring for me before too long... it's an entire game that revolves around constant farming and grinding. Snnoooorrrrreeee.

If they make a Diablo III, they had better give it some, you know, DEPTH.

DarkDragoonX
05-19-2005, 05:51 PM
Personally, Diablo II got incredibly boring for me before too long... it's an entire game that revolves around constant farming and grinding. Snnoooorrrrreeee.

Warlock
05-19-2005, 06:39 PM

I feel the same way.. the game just seemed to lack the atmosphere of the first one.. I mean, each act had a different problem:

Act 1 - overly similar to the first game but without much of the nice dungeon-crawling, sort of bland overall
Act 2 - great story, boring boring environment
Act 3 - great environment, almost no story
Act 4 - great env. & story, but short as hell

Act 5 was pretty good but really by the time you get there it's sort of too late for the thing.

Overall I actually found the outdoor environments very very boring. A lot of them were big big open areas with rocks and crap sprinkled around. The dungeons in the first game were great because they were these big sprawling mazes where anything could be around any corner (because they are all random). In Diablo 2, the only real randomness was in the outdoor areas and that was *very* sparce. Most of the dungeons were the same every time. I just think the outdoor environments, with the exception of Acts 3 & 4 (esp. since Act 3 had an almost "maze-like" structure to the rainforest) just lacked any sense of real atmosphere.

BTW, go back and play the first game sometime. It is still a blast, although some missing features (i.e. running) are a little annoying after playing Diablo 2. I just loved casting Fire Wall in that game on monsters who couldn't open doors (like the Butcher).. so much fun :D

Warlock
05-19-2005, 06:39 PM

I feel the same way.. the game just seemed to lack the atmosphere of the first one.. I mean, each act had a different problem:

Act 1 - overly similar to the first game but without much of the nice dungeon-crawling, sort of bland overall
Act 2 - great story, boring boring environment
Act 3 - great environment, almost no story
Act 4 - great env. & story, but short as hell

Act 5 was pretty good but really by the time you get there it's sort of too late for the thing.

Overall I actually found the outdoor environments very very boring. A lot of them were big big open areas with rocks and crap sprinkled around. The dungeons in the first game were great because they were these big sprawling mazes where anything could be around any corner (because they are all random). In Diablo 2, the only real randomness was in the outdoor areas and that was *very* sparce. Most of the dungeons were the same every time. I just think the outdoor environments, with the exception of Acts 3 & 4 (esp. since Act 3 had an almost "maze-like" structure to the rainforest) just lacked any sense of real atmosphere.

BTW, go back and play the first game sometime. It is still a blast, although some missing features (i.e. running) are a little annoying after playing Diablo 2. I just loved casting Fire Wall in that game on monsters who couldn't open doors (like the Butcher).. so much fun :D

Darth Marsden
05-20-2005, 09:17 AM
I enjoyed them when I first played them, but then I discovered someone had remade them for Neverwinter Nights. Now, it's even more fun!

EDIT: Here's the Diablo 1 remake... (http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=3713)

Darth Marsden
05-20-2005, 09:17 AM
I enjoyed them when I first played them, but then I discovered someone had remade them for Neverwinter Nights. Now, it's even more fun!

EDIT: Here's the Diablo 1 remake... (http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=3713)