PDA

View Full Version : More Zelda...MAJOR SPOILERS.

ctrl-alt-delete
05-17-2005, 01:51 PM
If you do not want to know the theme of the game, DO NOT SCROLL DOWN.

Link definitely turns into the wolf, as seen in a new trailor. Check Nintendo.com while I try to find other links.
Also, new images up as well. Go see now!

ctrl-alt-delete
05-17-2005, 01:51 PM
If you do not want to know the theme of the game, DO NOT SCROLL DOWN.

Link definitely turns into the wolf, as seen in a new trailor. Check Nintendo.com while I try to find other links.
Also, new images up as well. Go see now!

Strider1982
05-17-2005, 02:20 PM
I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but according to IGN the title for the next GameCube Zelda game is "The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess."

Apparently the title has to do with Link's supposed ability to morph into a wolf.

www.ign.com

Strider1982
05-17-2005, 02:20 PM
I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but according to IGN the title for the next GameCube Zelda game is "The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess."

Apparently the title has to do with Link's supposed ability to morph into a wolf.

www.ign.com

vegeta1215
05-17-2005, 02:22 PM
Ugh... both Nintendo.com and IGN are really slow. I guess everyone is trying to download the trailer.

I was pretty surprised to hear that Link can turn into a wolf. That has been a rumor for a long time, but I didn't think it was true. I'm getting even more excited about the new Zelda :D

vegeta1215
05-17-2005, 02:22 PM
Ugh... both Nintendo.com and IGN are really slow. I guess everyone is trying to download the trailer.

I was pretty surprised to hear that Link can turn into a wolf. That has been a rumor for a long time, but I didn't think it was true. I'm getting even more excited about the new Zelda :D

ctrl-alt-delete
05-17-2005, 02:23 PM
Go to ZHQ. Running fine.

www.zhq2.com

Let me tell you, it is sexy.

ctrl-alt-delete
05-17-2005, 02:23 PM
Go to ZHQ. Running fine.

www.zhq2.com

Let me tell you, it is sexy.

Strider1982
05-17-2005, 02:29 PM
Oops...I didn't realize someone had already started a thread for the new Zelda...whoever's responsible for moving my thread, thanks!

Strider1982
05-17-2005, 02:29 PM
Oops...I didn't realize someone had already started a thread for the new Zelda...whoever's responsible for moving my thread, thanks!

vegeta1215
05-17-2005, 02:43 PM

Your welcome.

From what I've read and seen in the pictures, I wonder if Zelda transforms too? Maybe uncontrollably? Maybe into something evil? There is a part in the trailer with a person in a black cloak that looks like Zelda, and that reminds me a lot of that EGM cover with Link standing next to an evil looking being wearing a similar cloak...

vegeta1215
05-17-2005, 02:43 PM

Your welcome.

From what I've read and seen in the pictures, I wonder if Zelda transforms too? Maybe uncontrollably? Maybe into something evil? There is a part in the trailer with a person in a black cloak that looks like Zelda, and that reminds me a lot of that EGM cover with Link standing next to an evil looking being wearing a similar cloak...

Masamune
05-17-2005, 04:11 PM
Twilight Princess? What a gay name for such a badass looking game.

http://nintendofails.ytmnd.com/

Masamune
05-17-2005, 04:11 PM
Twilight Princess? What a gay name for such a badass looking game.

http://nintendofails.ytmnd.com/

Orion
05-17-2005, 06:13 PM
Indeed, I'm not all about the name or about the changing into a wolf idea, which seems to be its selling point. But if the game itself is fun, i should be happy.

Orion
05-17-2005, 06:13 PM
Indeed, I'm not all about the name or about the changing into a wolf idea, which seems to be its selling point. But if the game itself is fun, i should be happy.

theplustwo
05-17-2005, 06:52 PM
The new title is confirmed on the official page for the game:

http://www.zelda.com/universe/game/legendzelda/index.jsp

theplustwo
05-17-2005, 06:52 PM
The new title is confirmed on the official page for the game:

http://www.zelda.com/universe/game/legendzelda/index.jsp

Archibaldo
05-17-2005, 08:53 PM
Well, so much for "The Legend of Zelda: The Reigns of Sorrrow" :shrug:

Archibaldo
05-17-2005, 08:53 PM
Well, so much for "The Legend of Zelda: The Reigns of Sorrrow" :shrug:

Fiyerstorm
05-17-2005, 09:27 PM
I was reading that there was a Manga about a curse between a knight and a princess and by night, the knight would turn into a Wolf and by day the Princess would be a hawk and that's what possibly this new Zelda is based off of...there was even a hawk flying onto Link in the trailer and 'Zelda' was outside when it was dark (zomg twilight?). I'll find the link in a bit.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/615/615045p1.html

"Of course, IGNcube has speculated for a great while that Link would likely be able to change into the beast, but the latest trailer is the first official proof of the action. There are all sorts of theories about how this mechanic may play into the game. A search of the title Twilight Princess on the Internet, however, reveals some interesting information. Apparently this is also the name of a Japanese manga which was inspired by the movie Ladyhawke. That film tells the story of a knight and his lady ruined by a horrible curse. The knight is forever cursed to transform into a wolf with the moonlight, just as the lady is cursed to change into a hawk at the first sign of sunlight. There is a possibility, albeit far from proven, that the new Zelda may mirror this storyline. Footage from the latest trailer seems to back this theory, as Link can be seen carrying a hawk on his arm as he explores certain areas. If Twilight Princess does follow the Ladyhawke storyline, that hawk would of course be Zelda."

Fiyerstorm
05-17-2005, 09:27 PM
I was reading that there was a Manga about a curse between a knight and a princess and by night, the knight would turn into a Wolf and by day the Princess would be a hawk and that's what possibly this new Zelda is based off of...there was even a hawk flying onto Link in the trailer and 'Zelda' was outside when it was dark (zomg twilight?). I'll find the link in a bit.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/615/615045p1.html

"Of course, IGNcube has speculated for a great while that Link would likely be able to change into the beast, but the latest trailer is the first official proof of the action. There are all sorts of theories about how this mechanic may play into the game. A search of the title Twilight Princess on the Internet, however, reveals some interesting information. Apparently this is also the name of a Japanese manga which was inspired by the movie Ladyhawke. That film tells the story of a knight and his lady ruined by a horrible curse. The knight is forever cursed to transform into a wolf with the moonlight, just as the lady is cursed to change into a hawk at the first sign of sunlight. There is a possibility, albeit far from proven, that the new Zelda may mirror this storyline. Footage from the latest trailer seems to back this theory, as Link can be seen carrying a hawk on his arm as he explores certain areas. If Twilight Princess does follow the Ladyhawke storyline, that hawk would of course be Zelda."

Grasshopper
05-17-2005, 10:02 PM
I just finished watching the 2 hour E3 coverage on G4. Not that I haven't seen that stuff already, but it was interesting to hear them debate over the 3 different showings.

But back to point, I laughed a bit when the IGN editor on there called it "Ladyhawke the Game". (Not that he was making fun of it) :)

Grasshopper
05-17-2005, 10:02 PM
I just finished watching the 2 hour E3 coverage on G4. Not that I haven't seen that stuff already, but it was interesting to hear them debate over the 3 different showings.

But back to point, I laughed a bit when the IGN editor on there called it "Ladyhawke the Game". (Not that he was making fun of it) :)

AtmaWeapon
05-17-2005, 10:30 PM
Do you guys realize we're getting just as bad as Star Wars nerds when it comes to totally ruining a game because we don't agree with some trivial detail?

With the Wind Waker, you guys were all "WTF more like CELDA ahahahaha high fives all around guys!" and you almost ruined the game for me. Wind Waker was more of a Zelda game than the original. OoT is quite possibly one of my least favorite non-handheld Zelda games and it was quite a relief to see that Miyamoto could actually make a good 3d Zelda game.

Of course, he didn't make it the way you wanted it, so you whined and nagged and said "Why couldn't we get something more like the Spaceworld demo?"

Now you've got something more like the Spaceworld demo. It looks to be one of the most breathtaking games that will ever be available for the Gamecube and possiby one of the greatest games you will ever play. I am at a loss for words after watching the trailer and in a few short minutes I am probably going to end up paying $8 to see the 3 videos in their 640x480 glory.

But all you guys care about is Miyamoto didn't make it something like "The Awesome Quest". He apologizes, next time he'll let you name his game that he labored for years on. I'm sure we'll all enjoy "The Legend of Zelda: Link's Quest that is Better than All of the Others" and its sequel "The Legend of Zelda: Jumping out of Flaming Helicopters EXTREME EXTREME".

Seriously. When's the last time a game sucked because of its name?

AtmaWeapon
05-17-2005, 10:30 PM
Do you guys realize we're getting just as bad as Star Wars nerds when it comes to totally ruining a game because we don't agree with some trivial detail?

With the Wind Waker, you guys were all "WTF more like CELDA ahahahaha high fives all around guys!" and you almost ruined the game for me. Wind Waker was more of a Zelda game than the original. OoT is quite possibly one of my least favorite non-handheld Zelda games and it was quite a relief to see that Miyamoto could actually make a good 3d Zelda game.

Of course, he didn't make it the way you wanted it, so you whined and nagged and said "Why couldn't we get something more like the Spaceworld demo?"

Now you've got something more like the Spaceworld demo. It looks to be one of the most breathtaking games that will ever be available for the Gamecube and possiby one of the greatest games you will ever play. I am at a loss for words after watching the trailer and in a few short minutes I am probably going to end up paying $8 to see the 3 videos in their 640x480 glory.

But all you guys care about is Miyamoto didn't make it something like "The Awesome Quest". He apologizes, next time he'll let you name his game that he labored for years on. I'm sure we'll all enjoy "The Legend of Zelda: Link's Quest that is Better than All of the Others" and its sequel "The Legend of Zelda: Jumping out of Flaming Helicopters EXTREME EXTREME".

Seriously. When's the last time a game sucked because of its name?

theplustwo
05-17-2005, 10:47 PM
Although I think "Twilight Princess" is a sort of weak title, it does not shake my faith that this will be an awesome, awesome game. The only thing I may not like about it is the (apparent) abundance of redeads and the like. All the weird ghost things really brought down some sections of OoT for me. I did like MM a lot though, and WW. Like I said, this game is going to be awesome, and it makes me glad that Revolution is backwards-compatable, because it will make it that much easier to go back and revisit the excellent Gamecube library in the future. :)

theplustwo
05-17-2005, 10:47 PM
Although I think "Twilight Princess" is a sort of weak title, it does not shake my faith that this will be an awesome, awesome game. The only thing I may not like about it is the (apparent) abundance of redeads and the like. All the weird ghost things really brought down some sections of OoT for me. I did like MM a lot though, and WW. Like I said, this game is going to be awesome, and it makes me glad that Revolution is backwards-compatable, because it will make it that much easier to go back and revisit the excellent Gamecube library in the future. :)

Strider1982
05-18-2005, 01:20 AM
I really don't mind the title... I think it kind of fits with the dark and moody atmosphere the game seems to have.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the first Zelda game to be rated "T."

Strider1982
05-18-2005, 01:20 AM
I really don't mind the title... I think it kind of fits with the dark and moody atmosphere the game seems to have.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the first Zelda game to be rated "T."

Orion
05-18-2005, 01:55 AM
The more I think about it, the more the wolf idea is starting to grow on me. I imagine it will kinda be like the bunny in ALTTP.

I also think the black and white with just greens and reds is a neat touch (since those are the only colors wolves supposedly see). This still remains the only game that I am even thinking about getting in the forseeable future.

Orion
05-18-2005, 01:55 AM
The more I think about it, the more the wolf idea is starting to grow on me. I imagine it will kinda be like the bunny in ALTTP.

I also think the black and white with just greens and reds is a neat touch (since those are the only colors wolves supposedly see). This still remains the only game that I am even thinking about getting in the forseeable future.

vegeta1215
05-18-2005, 02:53 AM

Exactly. Nintendo is giving people what they wanted. (I wanted another cel shaded Zelda, but many people wanted a realistic Zelda) Everyone should stop nit picking and shut the hell up.

vegeta1215
05-18-2005, 02:53 AM

Exactly. Nintendo is giving people what they wanted. (I wanted another cel shaded Zelda, but many people wanted a realistic Zelda) Everyone should stop nit picking and shut the hell up.

Cloral
05-18-2005, 03:12 AM
Well if Link changes into a wolf, then skeletons and assorted undead would fit into the theme very well. Besides, it doesn't mean they all have to be like the redeads. There can be stalfos, skeleton archers, burning corpses, etc. There is a lot more variety possible with undeads than most realize.

But yeah, I agree that the redeads were fucking annoying. I hope they don't exist anywhere in this game, but I have a feeling that they will in at least one dungeon. Maybe as wolf Link I'll be able to jump on them and rip their heads off. That would be fun.

Cloral
05-18-2005, 03:12 AM
Well if Link changes into a wolf, then skeletons and assorted undead would fit into the theme very well. Besides, it doesn't mean they all have to be like the redeads. There can be stalfos, skeleton archers, burning corpses, etc. There is a lot more variety possible with undeads than most realize.

But yeah, I agree that the redeads were fucking annoying. I hope they don't exist anywhere in this game, but I have a feeling that they will in at least one dungeon. Maybe as wolf Link I'll be able to jump on them and rip their heads off. That would be fun.

Darth Marsden
05-18-2005, 04:38 AM
Exactly. Nintendo is giving people what they wanted. (I wanted another cel shaded Zelda, but many people wanted a realistic Zelda) Everyone should stop nit picking and shut the hell up. I just wanted another Zelda. I automatically assumed it would kick ass, and whaddya know? It does. Happy me. :cool:

Link turning into a wolf remimds me of Link turning into various creatures in Majora's Mask, which, as we all know, was very cool. Couple all of this with what we already know and you've got what looks set to be one of, if not THE, greatest Zelda games yet. The heck with God, in Nintendo we trust.

Well, so much for "The Legend of Zelda: The Reigns of Sorrrow" :shrug: Make a fan-game. Everyone else has, apparently.

EDIT: A little snippet that appears to have gone AWOL.

The new video also demos at length many of the new gameplay enhancements. In one scenario, Link canoes up a spectacular river, the water transparent and pristine. In another, he is flanked by multiple enemies while riding atop a horse, presumably Epona. In another, he is seen in wolf form, resting inside a dungeon. We can initially hear an odd crunching sound, but we don't know why. Then, something happens and all of a sudden we can see several ghostly rats gnawing on him. It's actually a bit shocking when viewed for the first time.
Canoes? w00t!

Darth Marsden
05-18-2005, 04:38 AM
Exactly. Nintendo is giving people what they wanted. (I wanted another cel shaded Zelda, but many people wanted a realistic Zelda) Everyone should stop nit picking and shut the hell up. I just wanted another Zelda. I automatically assumed it would kick ass, and whaddya know? It does. Happy me. :cool:

Link turning into a wolf remimds me of Link turning into various creatures in Majora's Mask, which, as we all know, was very cool. Couple all of this with what we already know and you've got what looks set to be one of, if not THE, greatest Zelda games yet. The heck with God, in Nintendo we trust.

Well, so much for "The Legend of Zelda: The Reigns of Sorrrow" :shrug: Make a fan-game. Everyone else has, apparently.

EDIT: A little snippet that appears to have gone AWOL.

The new video also demos at length many of the new gameplay enhancements. In one scenario, Link canoes up a spectacular river, the water transparent and pristine. In another, he is flanked by multiple enemies while riding atop a horse, presumably Epona. In another, he is seen in wolf form, resting inside a dungeon. We can initially hear an odd crunching sound, but we don't know why. Then, something happens and all of a sudden we can see several ghostly rats gnawing on him. It's actually a bit shocking when viewed for the first time.
Canoes? w00t!

Lilith
05-18-2005, 08:36 AM
The furries are taking over. :(

Lilith
05-18-2005, 08:36 AM
The furries are taking over. :(

Ganonator
05-18-2005, 05:55 PM
After playing this game for about 20 minutes, I am absolutely excited about the graphics, the gameplay, fuck... nothing was wrong. The physics were perfect. The water effects were totally life-like. And there's this "Finish" move, ... damn!

Ganonator
05-18-2005, 05:55 PM
After playing this game for about 20 minutes, I am absolutely excited about the graphics, the gameplay, fuck... nothing was wrong. The physics were perfect. The water effects were totally life-like. And there's this "Finish" move, ... damn!

Indignant_Link
05-19-2005, 12:40 AM
Lots of info here... (http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=920769) :)

Indignant_Link
05-19-2005, 12:40 AM
Lots of info here... (http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=920769) :)

Lilith
05-19-2005, 03:40 AM
If Link is a wolf at night, does that mean Zelda takes the knot? I have to know.

Lilith
05-19-2005, 03:40 AM
If Link is a wolf at night, does that mean Zelda takes the knot? I have to know.

Fiyerstorm
05-19-2005, 03:43 AM
I kinda have the feeling they're going to make a love story in this game. Like a real one.

Twilight Princess sounds chick flicky to me! :D <3

Fiyerstorm
05-19-2005, 03:43 AM
I kinda have the feeling they're going to make a love story in this game. Like a real one.

Twilight Princess sounds chick flicky to me! :D <3

Strider1982
05-19-2005, 04:21 AM
There better be a love story. Link hasn't gotten a smooch since the ending of Zelda II.

Ocarina of Time's ending still ticks me off. Save Zelda, kick Ganon's butt... and rather than the kiss he deserves Link becomes a prepubescent kid again.

Life must suck for Link.

Also, I hope there's real voice acting for once. Not just the "hee-hee" amd "YAAAHHHH" noises, but real speech, even for the seemingly mute and wordless hero himself.

Sheesh, even Star Fox Adventures had voice acting.

Strider1982
05-19-2005, 04:21 AM
There better be a love story. Link hasn't gotten a smooch since the ending of Zelda II.

Ocarina of Time's ending still ticks me off. Save Zelda, kick Ganon's butt... and rather than the kiss he deserves Link becomes a prepubescent kid again.

Life must suck for Link.

Also, I hope there's real voice acting for once. Not just the "hee-hee" amd "YAAAHHHH" noises, but real speech, even for the seemingly mute and wordless hero himself.

Sheesh, even Star Fox Adventures had voice acting.

Lilith
05-19-2005, 04:22 AM
No way! I don't want real voice acting ruining my Link0rz.

Lilith
05-19-2005, 04:22 AM
No way! I don't want real voice acting ruining my Link0rz.

Strider1982
05-19-2005, 04:25 AM
Well, I guess you're right... Link could end up sounding like a refugee from a boy band, and (shudder), that would seriously ruin the Zelda franchise's reputation.

I guess I can't help wondering what Link would sound like if he ever talked (not counting the old 80's Zelda cartoon!)

Strider1982
05-19-2005, 04:25 AM
Well, I guess you're right... Link could end up sounding like a refugee from a boy band, and (shudder), that would seriously ruin the Zelda franchise's reputation.

I guess I can't help wondering what Link would sound like if he ever talked (not counting the old 80's Zelda cartoon!)

Lilith
05-19-2005, 04:31 AM
Yeah seriously think about FFX. I'd rather have Link just do his usual grunt thing.

Lilith
05-19-2005, 04:31 AM
Yeah seriously think about FFX. I'd rather have Link just do his usual grunt thing.

Fiyerstorm
05-19-2005, 04:48 AM
Well in Wind Waker, he said 'COME ON!!"

He sounded like how he would if he'd be a kid, I think.

There's no voice acting. Confirmed in an interview and then the gameplay footage shows it's all text like the others but the characters move their mouths like they're talking so that's cool.

Fiyerstorm
05-19-2005, 04:48 AM
Well in Wind Waker, he said 'COME ON!!"

He sounded like how he would if he'd be a kid, I think.

There's no voice acting. Confirmed in an interview and then the gameplay footage shows it's all text like the others but the characters move their mouths like they're talking so that's cool.

Strider1982
05-19-2005, 05:17 AM
Well, that answers the voice acting question...

I still hope Link gets the girl in the end though.

Strider1982
05-19-2005, 05:17 AM
Well, that answers the voice acting question...

I still hope Link gets the girl in the end though.

theplustwo
05-19-2005, 11:34 AM
Everyone should read this: http://www.gamespot.com/features/6125424/index.html?q=1&tag=gs_hp_topslot_click

theplustwo
05-19-2005, 11:34 AM
Everyone should read this: http://www.gamespot.com/features/6125424/index.html?q=1&tag=gs_hp_topslot_click

Strider1982
05-19-2005, 11:40 AM
Did I read that... correctly?

Link yells "Yee-haw"??

Hmmm, I guess I'll have to play the game before I can make a judgment on that.

Link the cowboy. Well, at least he has a real job.

Strider1982
05-19-2005, 11:40 AM
Did I read that... correctly?

Link yells "Yee-haw"??

Hmmm, I guess I'll have to play the game before I can make a judgment on that.

Link the cowboy. Well, at least he has a real job.

theplustwo
05-19-2005, 11:44 AM
Link the cowboy. Well, at least he has a real job.He's more of a "goatboy" actually. I heard the "Yee-haw" sound clip was provided by Jim Breuer. :laughing:

theplustwo
05-19-2005, 11:44 AM
Link the cowboy. Well, at least he has a real job.He's more of a "goatboy" actually. I heard the "Yee-haw" sound clip was provided by Jim Breuer. :laughing:

ctrl-alt-delete
05-19-2005, 12:26 PM
I do not recall Link actually saying yee haw. According to what I have read, Link's voiceover for the demos is the same from OoT for now.

However, it does say "Yee Haw" when Link successfully drives the goats into the barn.

ctrl-alt-delete
05-19-2005, 12:26 PM
I do not recall Link actually saying yee haw. According to what I have read, Link's voiceover for the demos is the same from OoT for now.

However, it does say "Yee Haw" when Link successfully drives the goats into the barn.

Darth Marsden
05-20-2005, 09:51 AM
RE: Voices... Why not give everybody BUT Link voices? For an example of how this might work, play Half-Life 2. Have people constantly interupting Link, make him dismiss things with a hand gesture or a facial expression, have Zelda speak on his behalf... it could work really well!

Example..:

Townsfolk - "Well, howdy there! (Link's a cowboy, right? Bear with me here.) What's a fine lookin' fella like you doin' round these here parts?"
Link - (Points to Castle)
Townsfolk - "Oh, you're here to see the Princess, eh? Well, go right ahead, nobody'll stop ya."
Link - (Touches forehead, signifying thanks)
Townsfolk - "You're welcome there, young man."

...or maybe, if you've got Zelda with you...

Farmer - "Well now, how can I help you two?"
Link - "W..."
Zelda - "We need a pair of horses. Can you help us?"
Link - (Looks at Zelda, obviously irritated)
Farmer - "Well sure! I've got a few over here I can lend ya."
Link - "Th...
Zelda - "Thank you."
Link - (Looks at Zelda again. Crosses his arms and scowls at her)
Zelda - "What?"
Link - (Flings arms up in frustration and follows the farmer)

EDIT: Why don't we get commercials like this over here? (http://www.muchosucko.com/video-crazyjapzelda.html)

Darth Marsden
05-20-2005, 09:51 AM
RE: Voices... Why not give everybody BUT Link voices? For an example of how this might work, play Half-Life 2. Have people constantly interupting Link, make him dismiss things with a hand gesture or a facial expression, have Zelda speak on his behalf... it could work really well!

Example..:

Townsfolk - "Well, howdy there! (Link's a cowboy, right? Bear with me here.) What's a fine lookin' fella like you doin' round these here parts?"
Link - (Points to Castle)
Townsfolk - "Oh, you're here to see the Princess, eh? Well, go right ahead, nobody'll stop ya."
Link - (Touches forehead, signifying thanks)
Townsfolk - "You're welcome there, young man."

...or maybe, if you've got Zelda with you...

Farmer - "Well now, how can I help you two?"
Link - "W..."
Zelda - "We need a pair of horses. Can you help us?"
Link - (Looks at Zelda, obviously irritated)
Farmer - "Well sure! I've got a few over here I can lend ya."
Link - "Th...
Zelda - "Thank you."
Link - (Looks at Zelda again. Crosses his arms and scowls at her)
Zelda - "What?"
Link - (Flings arms up in frustration and follows the farmer)

EDIT: Why don't we get commercials like this over here? (http://www.muchosucko.com/video-crazyjapzelda.html)

MANDRAG GANON
05-20-2005, 06:35 PM
Ahahaha XD Thats the best commercial ever.

I knew there would be no voice acting, Miyamoto would never let there be voice acting for link ever. I read that in some interview for OOT.

MANDRAG GANON
05-20-2005, 06:35 PM

I knew there would be no voice acting, Miyamoto would never let there be voice acting for link ever. I read that in some interview for OOT.

Darth Marsden
05-21-2005, 05:52 AM

I knew there would be no voice acting, Miyamoto would never let there be voice acting for link ever. I read that in some interview for OOT. Good to know. Link should never speak, it's just one of those things that should never happen.

Another link for you to enjoy (http://www.muchosucko.com/index.php?module=PostWrap&page=flash/ganondorfreturns.html).

Darth Marsden
05-21-2005, 05:52 AM

I knew there would be no voice acting, Miyamoto would never let there be voice acting for link ever. I read that in some interview for OOT. Good to know. Link should never speak, it's just one of those things that should never happen.

Another link for you to enjoy (http://www.muchosucko.com/index.php?module=PostWrap&page=flash/ganondorfreturns.html).

Darth Marsden
05-23-2005, 04:20 PM
[/url][url="http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/thelegendofzelda/media.html?gcst=2stream_zelda1demo_e305.asx"]...and another one... (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:launchGSL%28%22/live/streamer_new2.html?title=The+Legend+of+Zelda%3A+Tw ilight+Princess+Official+Trailer+3&path=zelda_e305_trailer1_crop.asx&pid=920769&ppath=gamecube%2Faction%2Fthelegendofzelda&ksubmoid=&urdate=1130832000%22,%20%22%22,%20718,%20500%29)

Darth Marsden
05-23-2005, 04:20 PM
[/url][url="http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/thelegendofzelda/media.html?gcst=2stream_zelda1demo_e305.asx"]...and another one... (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:launchGSL%28%22/live/streamer_new2.html?title=The+Legend+of+Zelda%3A+Tw ilight+Princess+Official+Trailer+3&path=zelda_e305_trailer1_crop.asx&pid=920769&ppath=gamecube%2Faction%2Fthelegendofzelda&ksubmoid=&urdate=1130832000%22,%20%22%22,%20718,%20500%29)

Indignant_Link
05-25-2005, 11:21 PM
Link is a shepard, not a cowboy. Its just hard to translate shepard into japanese, so they used the word comboy instead.

Strider1982
05-25-2005, 11:32 PM
Interesting line of professions running through Link and his descendants...kid wearing a blue crawdad shirt, shipwrecked sailor, Sworn Brother of the Gorons, Zora guitarist, gray-haired human/demon hybrid, Cucco catcher, Happy Mask promotional guy, and now a goatherder.

Link's family would have trouble running a steady family business for generations.

Darth Marsden
05-26-2005, 11:54 AM
Interesting line of professions running through Link and his descendants...kid wearing a blue crawdad shirt, shipwrecked sailor, Sworn Brother of the Gorons, Zora guitarist, gray-haired human/demon hybrid, Cucco catcher, Happy Mask promotional guy, and now a goatherder.

Link's family would have trouble running a steady family business for generations. I'd be more concerned with his blatant inability to keep hold of his rupees. :tongue:

Carcer
05-27-2005, 02:05 PM
Has anyone wondered who that small person is with the red eye that rides on Link when he's a wolf is? He looks like a Skull kid just before he/she/it becomes all wooden.
Not only that, but in the E3 trailers, at the beginning - what is that portal? I thought I was watching Metroid Prime... then I realised that I liked it and wanted more.
Does anyone know more than me?

http://img3.imagebarrel.com/img/05/146/14/thumb/LoZThing.png (http://img3.imagebarrel.com/myimage.php?img=05/146/14/LoZThing.png)
Who is this? (Thumbnail)

Grasshopper
05-27-2005, 06:06 PM
Thats Midna. Its a small impish creature that rides on Link's back whenever they enter the twilight realm. I guess its sort of like a darkness that is eating away at Hyrule and turning it into a dead world. When ever Link stumbles into this realm, he transforms into a wolf. Midna only exists inside this realm. Once you exit the realm, Midna is gone, and Link turns back into human form.

Darth Marsden
06-03-2005, 04:56 PM
Thats Midna. Its a small impish creature that rides on Link's back whenever they enter the twilight realm. I guess its sort of like a darkness that is eating away at Hyrule and turning it into a dead world. When ever Link stumbles into this realm, he transforms into a wolf. Midna only exists inside this realm. Once you exit the realm, Midna is gone, and Link turns back into human form. Really? Where'd you hear that?

Grasshopper
06-03-2005, 10:25 PM
Nintendo Power. July 2005.

Darth Marsden
06-04-2005, 07:13 AM
Nintendo Power. July 2005. Huh. Wonder why nowhere else seems to have picked up on that.

vegeta1215
06-04-2005, 12:15 PM
Huh. Wonder why nowhere else seems to have picked up on that.

I'm still waiting for my July 2005 issue :(

Plus, you can find all this out if you follow http://cube.ign.com - they put a new article up everytime they hear something new about the Twilight Princess.