PDA

View Full Version : problems with whistle warps

zcfan27330
05-17-2005, 12:07 PM
I'm doing my version of a 3rd quest even though the contest is long gone. Im having a problem with whistle warps.

My quest is loacated here http://hornet.sandhills.cc.nc.us/mcswainte/my%20quest/

you can open it up to see what ive done, and the level 4 cheat is trent.

Can someone help me?

zcfan27330
05-17-2005, 12:07 PM
I'm doing my version of a 3rd quest even though the contest is long gone. Im having a problem with whistle warps.

My quest is loacated here http://hornet.sandhills.cc.nc.us/mcswainte/my%20quest/

you can open it up to see what ive done, and the level 4 cheat is trent.

Can someone help me?

Zelda Master
05-23-2005, 08:28 PM
Whats the problem you're having? if it is setting whistle warps go to quest misc. data whistle warps choose the number and please don't hitGO. when i did it took me to screen 00 and i made me so :angry: but Rakki told me that it warps you to screen 00 in the editor but when playing it it does take you to the location.

if it is where link lands is a problem, use the Link poisitioning icon [The GREEN one] to where he is supposed to land.

Zelda Master
05-23-2005, 08:28 PM
Whats the problem you're having? if it is setting whistle warps go to quest misc. data whistle warps choose the number and please don't hitGO. when i did it took me to screen 00 and i made me so :angry: but Rakki told me that it warps you to screen 00 in the editor but when playing it it does take you to the location.

if it is where link lands is a problem, use the Link poisitioning icon [The GREEN one] to where he is supposed to land.

zcfan27330
05-23-2005, 09:37 PM
I've done that it just takes me to totaly different screens than the ones i have listed.

zcfan27330
05-23-2005, 09:37 PM
I've done that it just takes me to totaly different screens than the ones i have listed.

Rakki
05-23-2005, 10:58 PM
I think I know what the problem is. First off, are you appearing too far right or left of the screen you want to appear in? If you're appearing to the left of where you want to be, you have to count the number of screens left of where you wanted him to appear and then add that number to the whistle warp that's taking you there. If you're appearing too far to the right, you have to count the number of screens to the right you're appearing from where you want to be, and then subtract that from the whistle warp number. For instance, if the screen you want to appear in is, say, 37, and you're appearing at 3B, that's 4 screens right of number 37, so you'd change 37 in the whistle warp to be 33, and then it would work. Get what I mean?

Rakki
05-23-2005, 10:58 PM
I think I know what the problem is. First off, are you appearing too far right or left of the screen you want to appear in? If you're appearing to the left of where you want to be, you have to count the number of screens left of where you wanted him to appear and then add that number to the whistle warp that's taking you there. If you're appearing too far to the right, you have to count the number of screens to the right you're appearing from where you want to be, and then subtract that from the whistle warp number. For instance, if the screen you want to appear in is, say, 37, and you're appearing at 3B, that's 4 screens right of number 37, so you'd change 37 in the whistle warp to be 33, and then it would work. Get what I mean?

zcfan27330
05-24-2005, 07:37 PM

so I will actually have to use something i never thought Id use pre cal ugh thanks

zcfan27330
05-24-2005, 07:37 PM

so I will actually have to use something i never thought Id use pre cal ugh thanks